Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 8:28:16 AM EDT
What's going on over there?  I came across this tidbit [url]http://www.assaultweb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=000251[/url]over at assweb and it seems that something fishy is going on with RR.  Anyone know whats up?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Below is a bit, I got to send an e-mail to a contact and see what the hell is going on. Mostly it seems that the charges against the RR-texas guys have made an interal conflict rip open. I think the charges against the texas guys are BS as there was an independent MEDIA witness though he was French so....

Ranch Rescue no longer patrols border
[url]www.tucsoncitizen.com/local/6_13_03ranch_rescue.html[/url]

Claudine LoMonaco
Tucson Citizen
Jun. 13, 2003 12:00 AM

The Arizona branch of Ranch Rescue, a civilian watchdog group often criticized for its dealings with undocumented immigrants, is splitting from the national group and will no longer patrol the border.

Instead, the group will change its name and focus on cleaning up trash left behind by immigrants as they enter from Mex- ico, group spokesman David Cheney said.

"We want to get back to our original mission of helping our neighbors," Cheney said. "We are trying to make the public understand we're not a bunch of Mexican-hating rednecks chasing Mexicans around for sport."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top