Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/17/2003 4:11:51 AM EDT
[url=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-pgrunow170jun17,0,4897150.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines]She's gettin her due[/url]
Attorneys for the gun distributor that was exonerated in a civil trial for selling the handgun used to kill Lake Worth Middle School teacher Barry Grunow are now seeking to collect what could amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees and costs from his widow.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:23:35 AM EDT
[b] Labarga threw out the award, calling the verdict "fatally inconsistent[/b] At least this judge seems to have a brain. [b]... .25-caliber Raven Arms pistol ... The suit also alleged the stolen pistol was a defective product -- a "junk gun" that is cheap, easily concealed, favored by youths and mostly used for crime.[/b] They had a strong case
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:30:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 4:33:54 AM EDT by TUMOR]
The courts don't concern themselves with "justice" or right/wrong. The "judges" (sic) are concerned with the flow of $$$ thru the "Legal System". You, me, Valor ....are just "FUEL" for the "Legal System". cynical?........yep! $55,000 thru a corrupt system that terrorizes my wife and stepdaughter...will do that to you. "Justice".......just a word.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:58:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/17/2003 4:59:41 AM EDT by 95thFoot]
And of course, she tries to blame her financial woes at the hands of her landshark attorneys on the eeeeeevil gun industry...[rolleyes] If she had any sense of justice, she'd have sued Nathan Brazill. Oh, that's right- he's broke, and in jail (for now)..... How about the kid's uncle, who left the gun in the cookie jar? Nah- he's broke, too. Any other reasons she might not have wanted to sue these two, who were the ones responsible for her husband's death, directly and indirectly?......[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:08:50 AM EDT
Notice the slant of the article. The EVIL gun industry, not satisfied that they had to spend thousands to defend themselves against a frivolous lawsuit, and not satisfied that their insurance rates are now sky-high (if they can even get insurance anymore) are daring to make the irresponsible party in this matter (some dumb bitch who listened to her shyster lawyer and saw visions of millions in her head) actually be responsible! Gasp! EVIL gun industry! Bad, bad! They're trying to harm a widow and her children and are kicking her when she is down!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:38:58 AM EDT
The first principal in instituting a lawsuit is to look for the "deep pockets," i.e., whomever has the most money. That's why Brazill & his uncle weren't sued. The stupid lawyer obviously doesn't understand that a distributor does just that. There is no other value added by a distributor or he would cease to be a distributor. The logical person to sue would have been the gun [u]manufacturer[/u], not that I am in favor of that either.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:44:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hardcase: The logical person to sue would have been the gun [u]manufacturer[/u], not that I am in favor of that either.
View Quote
Personally, I would have sued the school district. Districts in Florida are by county, and the School District of Palm Beach County has tons of cash & very deep pockets. All of this assumes that I'm a fan of these lawsuits to begin with. I like to think that I would be above it, but you never really know until you're faced with the choice.
Top Top