Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:  "I have degrees in architecture and construction, so I know a decent amount about how things go together and why.
I also worked in a gunshop in college, so I know a bit about who makes what in what calibers. I used to have a grasp on the S&W numbering system, but I appear to have lost my mojo.
I ride a Harley Sportster, so I know a good bit about Harleys in general, and Sportsters in particular."
View Quote

[sleep]  

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
School Buses specificly NYS compliant school buses.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I am an authority on the operation of my entertainment system. No one else can figure it out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm a pretty good at

Dispatching

EMT

Firefighting

Hiking

Tracking

Driving

Befriending

Shooting

Reloading

ATV Riding

Fishing

Hunting

....but I don't consider myself an authority on anything cuz I know there are people who know a helluva lot more than me out there.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
SCUBA. Been diving since 1981 with 17 years as an instructor.
Jeeps, more specificly 1979 CJ-7s and 1976 DJ-5D Postal Jeeps

Quoted:
I am an authority on the fact that....My Wife has nice big boobies!!
View Quote

Pics???[;)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
PROPULSION YA KNOW DA "GO FAST BOATS" [:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
guns and military equipment
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a noted authority on ANYTHING that you don't know anything about![:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Im an authority at being single! I will rival and surpass Lordtrater soon. Im also a southpaw which everyone knows southpaws have more dexterity and motor skills(better wrist mo vement).
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#10]

... In some circles, I’m considered “expert in class” regarding military aircraft, integrated product definition (or aircraft systems design) management. Specifically, specializing in advance engineering materials (composites) and the CAD/CAM/CAE disciplines used in designing military fighter aircraft components and systems. I’m often called on to define entire tooling strings for some of the most complex engineering tasks in works in the Industry today (also known as Manufacturing Engineering). Frequently I will interface with US Army, Navy and Air Force DCMA Regional Quality Engineering Representatives to answer cause analysis on product or systems failure. These generally aren’t presented to either the Customer or the Primary Defense Contractor unless a comprehensive corrective action plan has been established (also known as Quality Engineering). These plans usually require a detailed cost benefit analysis, a comprehensive action plan with schedules and proposed expenditures.
… All this under the scrutiny of every swinging dick in the Industry. Unfortunately, few individuals have the experience, fortitude or ambition to step up into these leadership roles but I always seem to get suckered into them. Those that can’t do it, but receive the salary that affords the nicest living conditions imaginable, often volunteer me these jobs.
Besides my income, one of the more rewarding aspects of my career is that fact that I’m my own boss and call my own shots. I’ve given some consideration of doing the “consultation” circuit. Good ones in this business command $200K+/year plus expenses, but I’m not fond of living out of a suitcase and hotel room.
Fuck, after proof reading this again, I think I’m due for a healthy raise!

… Oh yeah, I’ve been told that I’m an expert in cunninlingus too.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quality Systems.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Everything
View Quote

Stole my answer. Glock sucks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:  "I have degrees in architecture and construction, so I know a decent amount about how things go together and why.
I also worked in a gunshop in college, so I know a bit about who makes what in what calibers. I used to have a grasp on the S&W numbering system, but I appear to have lost my mojo.
I ride a Harley Sportster, so I know a good bit about Harleys in general, and Sportsters in particular."
View Quote

[sleep]  
View Quote

Look kids, the local shell-shock patient has decided to stalk me!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
... In some circles, I’m considered “expert in class” regarding military aircraft, integrated product definition (aircraft design) management. Specifically, specializing in advance engineering materials (composites) and the CAD/CAM/CAE disciplines used in designing military fighter aircraft systems. I’m often called on to define entire tooling strings for some of the most complex engineering tasks in works in the Industry today (also known as Manufacturing Engineering). I’m also called upon frequently to interface with US Army, Navy and Air Force DCMA Regional Quality Engineering Representatives to answer cause analysis on product failure. These generally aren’t pitched to either the Customer or the Primary defense Contractor unless a comprehensive corrective action plan has been established (also known as Quality Engineering). These plans usually require a detailed cost benefits analysis, a comprehensive action plan with schedules and proposed costs.
All this under the scrutiny of every swinging dick in the Industry. Unfortunately, few individuals have the experience, fortitude or ambition to step up into these leadership roles. Those that can’t do it, but receive the salary that affords the nicest living conditions imaginable, often volunteer me to do the job.
Besides my income, one of the more rewarding aspects of my career is that fact that I’m my own boss and call my own shots. I’ve given some consideration of going on the “consultation” circuit. Good ones in this business command $200K/year plus expenses, but I’m not fond of living out of a suitcase and hotel room.
Fuck, after proof reading this again, I think I’m due for a healthy raise!
Oh yeah, I’ve been told that I’m an expert in cunninlingus too.
View Quote

1. What company do you work for?
2. Do they do structural FEA?
3. Are they hiring FEA engineers with 4-5 yrs experience?  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know jack shit.

seriously.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#16]
smokin grass
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#17]
IT. Networking, web, ERP implementations.

Pulp Fiction lines.

Brewing beer.

Music  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Oh yeah, I’ve been told that I’m an expert in cunninlingus too.
View Quote

View Quote

1. One of the largest Defense Contractors in the US
2. Yes, every design thoroughly analyzed using various finite element analysis tools (PATRAN, NASTRAN and our own custom programs to understand the behavior of hybrid composites structures under the most demanding flight loads you can imagine.
3. Can't say, but good Stress men are always in demand, if you are an expert of "strength of material" in the composite world you shouldn't have too much problem finding work. Try www.ceweekly.com if you’ll consider contracting. Usually it’s the only way to get in the door (until you prove yourself).

FWIW, if you’re interested in commercial aerospace, the hot tickets these days are the sprouting ultra-small business jet start-ups. Check the Florida area for several.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:23:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... Oh yeah, I’ve been told that I’m an expert in cunninlingus too.
View Quote

View Quote

1. One of the largest Defense Contractors in the US
2. Yes, every design thoroughly analyzed using various finite element analysis tools (PATRAN, NASTRAN and our own custom programs to understand the behavior of hybrid composites structures under the most demanding flight loads you can imagine.
3. Can't say, but good Stress men are always in demand, if you are an expert of "strength of material" in the composite world you shouldn't have too much problem finding work. Try www.ceweekly.com if you’ll consider contracting. Usually it’s the only way to get in the door (until you prove yourself).

FWIW, if you’re interested in commercial aerospace, the hot tickets these days are the sprouting ultra-small business jet start-ups. Check the Florida area for several.
View Quote

Is it Northrop Grumman?  You don't want to give the name or something?
My experience isn't in composites but rather propulsion hardware: linear elastic materials such as titanium, nickel, and stainless alloys.  Compressor blades and vanes, mostly.  I currently work for a smallish aero company in Newport News, VA.  We've hired plenty of ex-Pratt and GE guys, particularly from West Palm Beach.  The aero propuslion industry is a bit light on work right now so I've been looking around to see what else might interest me.  Florida would be cool.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, norman74, I thought you were our local rap/race relations expert? [;D]

Actually, I have the uncanny ability to be an expert on everything.  Even if I've never heard of it.  Hang around me long enough and you'll know what I mean. [:D]

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#22]
1. Any type of banking.
2. Combat Pistol Competetion.
3. SWAT Tactics.
4. Everything else.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Electron plasma bombardment and wavelength of flourescing rare earths in high energy fields.

Edited to add:

Oh yeah... I shoot shotguns for a living.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Electron plasma bombardment and wavelength of flourescing rare earths in high energy fields.
View Quote

Chemtrails!!, Chemtrails!!, Chemtrails!!, Chemtrails!!

Edited to add:

Oh yeah... I shoot shotguns for a living.
View Quote

Oh......
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've noticed that lots of folks here post their opinion like it's the gospel truth.  They say "Glock sucks" in the same way that they say "the grass is green".
So, lets get it out of the way, let's hear what you people are ACTUALLY authorities on.  Or what you at least actually know more than the average joe about.
I have degrees in architecture and construction, so I know a decent amount about how things go together and why.
I also worked in a gunshop in college, so I know a bit about who makes what in what calibers.  I used to have a grasp on the S&W numbering system, but I appear to have lost my mojo.
I ride a Harley Sportster, so I know a good bit about Harleys in general, and Sportsters in particular.
View Quote

Computers...

Specifically hardware & operating systems...

PC, Mac, Sun, doesn't matter... I probably know something-to-'near-everything' about it...

Soon I'll add Suzuki GS Motorcycle Engines, as I'm doing a top-end rebuild of my 450 right now...
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Dr Pepper
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Sport Quads
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#28]
I am the authority on sitting around/
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I am an authority on giving women multiple orgasms that last several minutes apiece.  

Really.   Just ask your wife, girlfriend, or daughter if you don't believe me.

I am an authority on the fine art, craft, and science of building acoustic and electric guitars, including the highly specialized construction techniques associated with archtop (jazz) guitars.

I am an authority on two way radio technology, including both conventional radio and digital trunking techniques and specifics of the system architecture of such systems, and the interconnection, testing, and troubleshooting of wide area, multiple site trunking systems.

I am an authority on virtually all aspects of the late 70's C body GM cars, especially Cadillac Fleetwood Broughams,  Sedan DeVilles, and Coupe DeVilles.  

I am an authority on high end, high performance home theater and home stereo systems.

And I am an authority on bullshitting my way through any other subject,  making you THINK that I'm an authority on those subjects.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Nothing....

....maybe masturbation.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nothing....

....maybe masturbation.
View Quote

ha-HA!

I guarantee I have you there!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing....

....maybe masturbation.
View Quote

ha-HA!

I guarantee I have you there!
View Quote

Ya sure?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Rocks and their formations.  When I was younger I discovered a new element called masturbatorium.  I later found out that this type of rock is found all over the world. So much for my discovery.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I am the absolue master at Fucking Up!  I've managed to fuck up my whole life and every solution that I come up with gets fucked up also.

This really sux!  I cannot for the life of me think of a legitamit field that I'm an expert at.  Maybe underground utility locating and bar/nightclub management.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#35]
[b]What are you an authority on?[/b]

As you can see from my sig line, just about anything and everything!
(Don't [b]ALL[/b] lawyers know everything?)
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#36]
I am most definitely an authority in the art of "MONKEY SPANKING". Ten years of marrige qualifies me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

... Overhaul, operate and maintain a Phalanx/CIWS

[:D]
View Quote

... You're gonna make a good wife to someone someday.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:16:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Introduce newbies to shooting.. very proud of this one.  I've taken people who sweat and shake at the sight of a gun and turned them around!
View Quote

Be [b]very[/b] proud of this!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:26:07 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm an expert in anesthesiology and pain management according to the specialty board certification powers that be.

I know a fair amount about Harleys, handguns, and general contracting.

I am involved in continuing in-depth research in female genitalia.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top