Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 4:53:54 PM EDT
[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/06/17/wital17.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/06/17/ixworld.html] Fire on illegal migrants, says Italian minister
[/url]
The Italian navy should open fire with live ammunition on boats carrying illegal immigrants to the country, a senior minister said yesterday, commenting that he was "sick of them".

Umberto Bossi, minister for reform and leader of the xenophobic Northern League, told Corriere della Sera that he wanted to hear "the blast of cannon".

He added: "After the second or third warning, bang! We open fire. What we need is a cannonade to knock out whoever might be there. Otherwise, we're never going to end this problem."
Asked whether it would be right to fire on immigrants, generally women and children, Mr Bossi said: "Whether they're good or bad, illegal immigrants have to be chased away. "The navy and coastguard should be defending our shores and using their cannon to do it. That's the best way to enforce the law."
View Quote

[b]HELL YEAH!!![/b]

[frag]
[rail]

- Of course the PC crowd quickly came in and neutered him...

Amid widespread protests, Mr Bossi issued a statement last night saying he had been misunderstood. "The interview published this morning . . . by no means reflects my thoughts, nor the sense of my replies in what was only a quick exchange of a few remarks," he said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Thing is, Italy has one of the lowest birthrates in the world. How are they going to sustain their social insurance programs without immigration?

In the US, we dont have that problem.  I dont think we could shut off immigration fast enough, here.  We need to kick a lot of people out in fact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top