BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/16/2003 2:08:52 PM EDT
[url=www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/front/6085261.htm]NEWS[/url]

Posted on Sat, Jun. 14, 2003  

War poll uncovers fact gap
Many mistakenly believe U.S. found WMDs in Iraq.
By Frank Davies
Inquirer Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON - A third of the American public believes U.S. forces have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, according to a recent poll. Twenty-two percent said Iraq actually used chemical or biological weapons.

But such weapons have not been found in Iraq and were not used.

Before the war, half of those polled in a survey said Iraqis were among the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11, 2001. But most of the Sept. 11 terrorists were Saudis; none was an Iraqi.

The results startled even the pollsters who conducted and analyzed the surveys. How could so many people be so wrong about information that has dominated news coverage for almost two years?

"It's a striking finding," said Steve Kull, director of the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, which asked the weapons questions during a May 14-18 poll of 1,256 respondents.

He added: "Given the intensive news coverage and high levels of public attention, this level of misinformation suggests some Americans may be avoiding having an experience of cognitive dissonance."

That is, of having their beliefs conflict with the facts. Kull noted that the mistaken belief that weapons had been found "is substantially greater among those who favored the war."

Pollsters and political analysts offer several reasons for the gaps between facts and beliefs: the public's short attention span on foreign news, fragmentary or conflicting media reports that lacked depth or skepticism, and Bush administration efforts to sell a war by oversimplifying the threat.

"Most people get little whiffs and fragments of news, not in any organized way," said Thomas Mann, a scholar at the Brookings Institution, a centrist-liberal think tank. "And there have been a lot of conflicting reports on the weapons."

Before the war, the U.S. media often reported as a fact the assertions by the Bush administration that Iraq possessed large stockpiles of illegal weapons.

During and after the war, reports of possible weapons discoveries were often trumpeted on front pages, while follow-up stories debunking the reports received less attention.

"There were so many reports and claims before the war, it was easy to be confused," said Larry Hugick, chairman of Princeton Survey Research Associates. "But people expected the worst from Saddam Hussein and made connections based on the administration's policy."

Bush has described the preemptive attack on Iraq as "one victory in the war on terror that began Sept. 11." Bush officials also say Iraq sheltered and helped al-Qaeda operatives.

"The public is susceptible to manipulation, and if they hear officials saying there is a strong connection between Iraq and al-Qaeda terrorists, then they think there must be a connection," Mann said.

"Tapping into the feelings and fears after Sept. 11 is a way to sell a policy," he added.

Polls show strong support for Bush and the war, although 40 percent in the May survey found U.S. officials were "misleading" in some of their justifications for war. A majority, 55 percent, said they were not misleading.

Several analysts said the murky claims and intelligence data about lethal weapons and terrorist ties allowed most people to see such news through the filter of their own political beliefs.

And GOP pollsters said any controversy over weapons won't change public attitudes, because ridding Iraq of an oppressive regime was reason enough for war for many Americans.

"People supported the war for national-security reasons, and that shifted to humanitarian reasons when they saw evidence of Saddam's atrocities," Republican strategist Frank Luntz said. "There's an assumption these weapons will be found because this guy was doing so many bad things."

Several analysts said they were troubled by the lack of knowledge about the Sept. 11 hijackers, shown in the January survey conducted for Knight Ridder newspapers. Only 17 percent correctly said that none of the hijackers was Iraqi.

"That really bothers me, because it shows a lack of understanding about other countries - that maybe many Americans don't know one Arab from another," said Sam Popkin, a polling expert at the University of California-San Diego who has advised Democratic candidates. "Maybe because Saudis are seen as rich and friendly, people have a hard time dealing with them as hijackers."

Hugick said his analysis showed those who were misinformed were not necessarily those who had less education.

"I think a lot of people are just confused about the threats out there," he said.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I would be included.

Why would you hide 55 gallon drums of bug spray?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
this may be off-topic, but when the battle started, wasn't it reported that Iraq used scud missles? if this is true (I havent heard any more on this topic, which leads me to believe it isnt), then there is your WMD violation?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Many also mistakenly believe that you have one shred of intelligence in your whole body.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I guess I would be included.

Why would you hide 55 gallon drums of bug spray?
View Quote

Evil Space Bugs?

[img]http://www.vfxhq.com/1997/stills/starship/bug1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Makes one wonder about the hundreds of thousands of chem warfare suits we found on the Iraqis, plus the atrapine (sp) injectors.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Not to mention the traces of chemical weapons found in the Euprhrates river (now how did mustard get in there??? Uhh maybe someone dumped it???), and so on...

Also, isn't it odd that the same people who wanted to 'give the inspectors as much time as they need' want Bush to produce the weapons RIGHT EFFIN NOW????
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Saddam was a Weapon of Mass Destruction.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
WMD's are in NY also :  Chuck and Hillary.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
The U.S. will NEVER tell is if they actually found anything. It is in our best interest if we don't know just how bad-off we STILL are.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:29:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Many mistakenly believe that it is important for us to find WMDs in Iraq.  Who cares?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:58:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't give a crap if we NEVER find a WMD.....

If you want a war with the USA, WE WILL GIVE YOU A WAR. If you don't play nice we will stomp your ass in to the sand.

WMD who cares its about terrorists and people that harbor them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#12]
hmmm....

Interesting topic.

US troops find chemicals in rockets, but the UN tells everyone it is bug spray.

US troops find bunkers that contain the same pesticide that is used in "Nerve Agents," but UN claims they examine this pesticide in the bunker and found it to be not quite strong enough to be considered a "Nerve Agent."

US troops find a uranium/plutonium mix in 55 gallon drums, but the UN tells everyone is radioactive waste and it is the US fault that local Iraqis stole the barrels and got exposed to the uranium plutonium mix.

US troops find numerous unmarked burial sites throughout Iraq, which Iraqis tells us, contain the remains of their long lost relatives that oppose Iraq government.    Unfortunately, the UN says that they can’t confirm this due to Iraqis disturbing the evidence at the site before their investigators could review the site.

US troops destroy numerous divisions of Iraq troops.   Numerous reports detail the fact that Iraq troops removed there uniforms and dress in civilian clothing.  The UN reports that the US murdered more than 3000 civilians in its War on Terror.

Seems that the spin doctor is working overtime.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Used against civilians, any tank or artillery piece is a "weapon of mass destruction". Saddam had thousands of them, and did indeed use them against his own citizens. Thus, all semantics aside, he easily met the criteria.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#14]
First it was communists, and the "Red Menace", that sucked us into Vietnam, now it's "terrorists", and WMD's. Will Americans ever learn from history???

They keep ya running around to and fro, so ya can't see what's in the other hand!!! Anybody out there ever dive for lobsters without a lasso???
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:01:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I love the way leftists use the "Red Menace" in scare quotes!  Hey, that menace was real.  Just ask any refugee from a communist country, or the relatives of the 50 million killed by communists in the 20th century.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, the communists weren't a threat, because they never actually nuked us.  All of the effort during the Cold War was unecessary.

But back to Iraq....

They had chem and bio weapons, only idiots and liars deny this.  They had them at the time the inspectors left in 1998.  If they then proceeded to voluntarily destroy the remaining weapons, why not document this destruction, in order to have the sanctions lifted?

They HAVE chem and bio suits.
Why?

Did they actually fear that WE would use chem and bio weapons against them?
No.
Because if they did, wouldn't they have "donned and cleared" when the missiles and bombs fell in Baghdad?

So why then the NBC suits?
Who were they anticipating to use Chem or Bio weapons?

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:29:27 AM EDT
[#17]
There is a new team looking for WMDs.  Iexpect results anyday.

[url]http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=15145&CFID=7928419&CFTOKEN=9507664[/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I love the way leftists use the "Red Menace" in scare quotes!  Hey, that menace was real.  Just ask any refugee from a communist country, or the relatives of the 50 million killed by communists in the 20th century.

GunLvr
View Quote

The "Menace" was NOT real to US families and servicemen who,(once again), died in the place of foreigners. The people the commies killed ALLOWED it. That's why US troops are used. For those too cowardly to free themselves.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

GunLvr
View Quote

The "Menace" was NOT real to US families and servicemen who,(once again), died in the place of foreigners. The people the commies killed ALLOWED it. That's why US troops are used. For those too cowardly to free themselves.
View Quote

So you're claiming that the Soviet Union was not actually a threat to the US, during the Cold War?
Genius.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#20]
No genius he is claiming that if we wouldn't have shipped them food and money and military hardware, that they would have stopped being a threat to us.....you want to look up the facts on how much food and aid we are giving to our "enemies" right now. Keep believing the government propaganda. Answer me one question..why is Saudi Arabia still our friend....the list of the hijackers can't be wrong can it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
hmmm....

Interesting topic.

US troops find chemicals in rockets, but the UN tells everyone it is bug spray.

US troops find bunkers that contain the same pesticide that is used in "Nerve Agents," but UN claims they examine this pesticide in the bunker and found it to be not quite strong enough to be considered a "Nerve Agent."

US troops find a uranium/plutonium mix in 55 gallon drums, but the UN tells everyone is radioactive waste and it is the US fault that local Iraqis stole the barrels and got exposed to the uranium plutonium mix.

US troops find numerous unmarked burial sites throughout Iraq, which Iraqis tells us, contain the remains of their long lost relatives that oppose Iraq government.    Unfortunately, the UN says that they can’t confirm this due to Iraqis disturbing the evidence at the site before their investigators could review the site.

US troops destroy numerous divisions of Iraq troops.   Numerous reports detail the fact that Iraq troops removed there uniforms and dress in civilian clothing.  The UN reports that the US murdered more than 3000 civilians in its War on Terror.

Seems that the spin doctor is working overtime.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking.

Also, what another user posted:  Isn't it interesting that the same people who said "we have to give the inspectors more time to find the WMD!" are the same people who aren't willing to give the US searches more time?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No genius he is claiming that if we wouldn't have shipped them food and money and military hardware, that they would have stopped being a threat to us.....
View Quote
Whoah there!
How the hell did you gather that from his post???

He says:
[b]"The "Menace" was NOT real to US families and servicemen who,(once again), died in the place of foreigners. The people the commies killed ALLOWED it. That's why US troops are used. For those too cowardly to free themselves."[/b]

...and you somehow translate that as:
[b]"he is claiming that if we wouldn't have shipped them food and money and military hardware, that they would have stopped being a threat to us..."[/b]

That's a neat trick.

you want to look up the facts on how much food and aid we are giving to our "enemies" right now. Keep believing the government propaganda.
View Quote
pardon me for thinking you've lost a little credibility, after making that "leap" as you did, above.
Who's more likely to fall for misinformation, one who rationally analyzes facts, or one who is capable of what you just did?
Answer me one question..why is Saudi Arabia still our friend....the list of the hijackers can't be wrong can it?
View Quote

They aren't our friend.
Neither is Pakistan.
Unfortunately, you are only able to see things through you very simple lens.
Global Diplomacy is a little more complex than what you seem to be able to grasp.  Believe it or not, declaring dozens of nations to be our "enemies", all at once, just wouldn't be too smart (even if it's true).
One at a time.
(did you happen to notice that we're pulling troops out of Saudi Arabia?)
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Cincin...I ain't doing this again...you know that I don't trust the government and I am sure that you agree that there are more than enough examples to prove that the US government usually acts in the stupidest way possible for any situation....you choose to defend and belief what ever Ari tells you. Go ahead, we will never agree. Your insults and slights get tiring and it just goes to prove any of my points when all you can do is insult me. Global diplomacy is only complicated when power brokers ie politicians get involved. Otherwise you treat people they way you want to be treated and things work out....unfortunately government thinks it must have an enemy, so if they can't find one they make one. Soviet Union... the absolute worse run government ever and it would have fallen quickly if the US hadn't shipped them food every week. Pulling soldiers out of Saudi...haha. After we spent trillions of dollars on improvements to their civic and military structure. We should have never been there unless we owned it. Now they kick us out and you think that shows what?
You and I are on vastly different trails here...enjoy yours.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#25]
We sure are.

You made that leap.
I called you on it, because it was dishonest.
You then get defensive.
Do you think it was honest?  

If I don't believe that EVERYTHING the Gov. says is a lie, you claim that I believe EVERYTHING they say.

You've put yourself into a position where if Ari told you that the sky was blue, you'd say it was green.
That's called being stubborn to the point of  ignorance.  If you find this insulting, perhaps you shouldn't play footsy with the truth.
Most people find THAT insulting.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GunLvr
View Quote

View Quote

So you're claiming that the Soviet Union was not actually a threat to the US, during the Cold War?
Genius.
View Quote

No "Genius", simply that the USSR was not the huge threat we were constantly told, (which history has borne out), any more than WMD's are a threat now....
The only "Threat" to the US, was the fact we sent troops to die around the world to fight the red "menace", just like WMD's now. I don't know about you, but I'm NOT enjoying hearing about US soldiers in some foreign country getting picked off every day...
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you find this insulting, perhaps you shouldn't play footsy with the truth.
Most people find THAT insulting.
View Quote

To our intelligence if nothing else.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GunLvr
View Quote

View Quote

Genius.
View Quote

No "Genius", simply that the USSR was not the huge threat we were constantly told, (which history has borne out), any more than WMD's are a threat now....
The only "Threat" to the US, was the fact we sent troops to die around the world to fight the red "menace", just like WMD's now. I don't know about you, but I'm NOT enjoying hearing about US soldiers in some foreign country getting picked off every day...
View Quote

Ahhh, backtracking.
There's a big difference between the "Menace was not real" and the USSR was not as much of a threat as we were told.

So you believe that Iraq being able to manufacture and sell/spread Bio weapons and Nukes poses NO THREAT to the US?
Genius. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
...if Ari told you that the sky was blue, you'd say it was green.
View Quote

Well..........There ARE those Chem-trail thingys[:D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GunLvr
View Quote

View Quote

Genius.
View Quote

View Quote

Ahhh, backtracking.
There's a big difference between the "Menace was not real" and the USSR was not as much of a threat as we were told.
View Quote

NO backtrack!! The govt. mislead the people as to the threat. Therefore, the threat was not real. How difficult is that??

So you believe that Iraq being able to manufacture and sell/spread Bio weapons and Nukes poses NO THREAT to the US?
Genius. [;)]
View Quote

So YOU believe any one who posses's them we don't like should be invaded?? There is NO evidence Saddam had WMD when we invaded, and there NEVER WAS evidence that he would/could use 'em in conus....

And just to stop your harping, YES Iraq DID submit the info to the UN their WMD's had been destroyed...

Bush and Blair decided that just wouldn't work, so they just shined it on....
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
NO backtrack!! The govt. mislead the people as to the threat. Therefore, the threat was not real. How difficult is that??
View Quote

Very easy.  Also a lie.  The threat from the Soviets was VERY real, as evidenced by all the countries they turned Communist.

So YOU believe any one who posses's them we don't like should be invaded?? There is NO evidence Saddam had WMD when we invaded, and there NEVER WAS evidence that he would/could use 'em in conus....

On the contrary, there was and is PLENTY of evidence that Saddam had WMD. NO ONE believed he DIDN'T have them.  And yes, any country that's a threat to us should be dealt with using whatever means necessary.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh goody rikky and cincin both...leap dishonest truth.....do you have any idea what you are talking about....It all comes down to one thing you believe the government...I don't. That it whenever they say anything I assume they are lying. If Ari told me the sky was blue then I would go and look. Got it? Almost EVERYTHING
released by the White House since 9/11 has been at least partially wrong. Almost everything the government ever told us about the USSR was wrong. They weren't trying to take over the world, they were trying to feed the people so that they could stay in power, their military equipment was and is a joke and always was. They weren't a world power, they were our cojoined twin. You and the governments constant harping(this week) on WMD...so what? Who the hell cares? There were more people killed in Africa last week that the entire reign of Saddam. Why don't you just come out and say the only reason to invade IRAQ was we knew they coulf be beaten and we needed a whipping boy.
It ain't terrorism, it ain't WMD, it ain't the plight of the poor people.....you guys are so twisted that you actually believe your own lies...republicans are politicians--politicians lie. the end
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh goody rikky and cincin both...leap dishonest truth.
View Quote

"Leap dishonest truth."  Is that one of those stream-of-consciousness things or are you simply illiterate?

....do you have any idea what you are talking about
View Quote

Yes. Thank God, one of us has to.

....It all comes down to one thing you believe the government...I don't.
View Quote

No, it all comes down to who you choose to believe instead.  I believe the government rather than believing leftists who hate the US and everything it stands for, because my innate distrust for the government doesn't keep me from thinking logically.  Your pathological paranoia about the government keeps you from thinking rationally about any subject that involves the government.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#34]
No I am not illiterate....insult #1
I am possibly the most well read person you know, I have been reading since I was four and I usuallly read 1 book every day or two.
I don't hate the US, you #$%^&*, I hate what you and your ilk have done to the republic and turned it into one of the most socialists countries in the whole world. Do you have anything that says GW made the government smaller or reduced regulations or reduced welfare....no he made them bigger. That's my problem skippy. If we took that article in the other thread and put Klinton's name in it, you would be foaming at the mouth.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Genius. [;)]
View Quote

View Quote
just common sense.

And just to stop your harping, YES Iraq DID submit the info to the UN their WMD's had been destroyed...

Bush and Blair decided that just wouldn't work, so they just shined it on....
View Quote

and that is simply not true.
They did not submit proof of their destruction.
Where the hell did you hear that?
I hope you're simply repeating somone else's lies.

Hound, you're a lost cause.  You're out of touch with reality, because your paranoia has gotten the better of you.
It's a shame.
Good luck with your reading.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Bullshit!  First the "Menace" isn't just the USSR.  Second, look at all the freaking Democrats we have in office right now.  They may not be any "affiliations" with Communists, but they sure push the same kind of beliefs.  And they are STILL a threat to all our ways of life.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#39]
That's it..too hot for ya? I am paranoid because I post that the soviet union was a paper tiger and that the current crop of republicans are more socialists than the democrats the replaced....that's it. I am paranoid? You and your party got nothing and the cracks are starting to show.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Paper Tiger?

Is that how you described them during the 60s and 70s?
Nukes?
Never mind.
As said, you've lost it.
You're gone.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#41]
I completely read the entire article and the link.  No where did I find the poll or even a few questions of the poll, much less the statistics and how they were derived.  Starting to look suspicious here.  Why?  The conductors of the poll think the public is too dumb to analyze the questions and data.  That my friends is HIGHLY CONDESCENDING!  Its class warfare thinking we are too dumb to process simple information.  What's even more suspicious is the questions could have been highly subjective, making accurate statistics impossible.

There is an art form here.

Question folks, why would a Maintainence unit be sent behind enemy lines?  That question was asked after PFC Piewesta, PVT Johnson and PFC Lynch were killed, wounded and taken captive in Iraq.

Why?  Well, the 507th is attached to a Patriot missle battery and they were setting up a forward air defense station to keep chemical/biological weapons in Iraq.  No other reason.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No I am not illiterate....insult #1
View Quote

Then why can't you craft a readable sentence?  Why did you post the incoherent drivel that I quoted?  If you aren't illiterate, the only alternative I have is that you're simply lazy.  Which is worse than being illiterate IMHO.

I am possibly the most well read person you know, I have been reading since I was four and I usuallly read 1 book every day or two.
View Quote

Dr Seuss doesn't count, hound.  And no, you're not even close to being the most well-read person I know.

I don't hate the US, you #$%^&*, I hate what you and your ilk have done to the republic
View Quote

Me and my "ilk" eh?  What have I done to the Republic, hound?  Aside from give a couple years to defending it, voting in every election, writing to my elected reps and writing to the editorial page of the local newspapers?  
I know I should be offended at your ignorant slander, but you're such a self-parody that I just can't help but laugh at you.

Do you have anything that says GW made the government smaller or reduced regulations or reduced welfare....no he made them bigger. That's my problem skippy. If we took that article in the other thread and put Klinton's name in it, you would be foaming at the mouth.
View Quote

President Bush has not made the government smaller that's true.  But the parts he enlarged are parts that he had to enlarge given the events that have occurred in the last two years.  If Clinton had been in office, he would have turned the whole 9-11 affair into an excuse to create a national ID system, ban more guns and try to blame the whole thing on white right-wing males.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Thank God, one of us has to.

View Quote

[BS]
Your a self proclaimed atheists, Don't thank
God when it suits your argument. You gonna
burn in hell for that boy![ROFL2]
View Quote

First off I am not an atheist.  I am an agnostic.  Second, just because I don't believe in YOUR God doesn't mean I don't accept the possibility that some being created the universe.
And third, it's just a figure of speech.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:42:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's it..too hot for ya?
View Quote

About 100 today, with around 90% humidity.

I am paranoid because I post that the soviet union was a paper tiger and that the current crop of republicans are more socialists than the democrats the replaced....that's it.
View Quote

No, that doesn't make you paranoid, it makes you silly and wrong.  

[quoite]
I am paranoid?
View Quote

Most certainly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#45]
I finally did it, I managed to get rikky and cincin run to the ground in the same day. All either of them can do is hurl insults and apologize for the republicans and the government in general. I see we never need to do this again because neither of you got anything. So sweet. Any time you guys want to discuss NOT funding the NEA, you let me know. US INDEPENDENTS WILL STILL BE HERE.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Oh please.
You rant and rave in run on sentences, like a paranoid lunatic, and when someone notices this, you act insulted.
You are out of touch with reality, and so prone to hyperbole, that sometimes it comes close to being an outright lie.
And that's being kind.

You want a rational discussion?
Try avoiding your oh-so-hackneyed refrain of:
[b] "If you claim to believe any single word the Government says, I'll accuse you of believing EVERYTHING the Government says, and make that my premise!"[/b]
It demonstrates an intellectual laziness.
Which is disappointing, considering how "well read" you are.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:41:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Very easy.  Also a lie.  The threat from the Soviets was VERY real, as evidenced by all the countries they turned Communist.

On the contrary, there was and is [red]PLENTY of evidence that Saddam had WMD. NO ONE believed he DIDN'T have them[red].  And yes, any country that's a threat to us should be dealt with using whatever means necessary.
View Quote

Produce for me ONE scrap of "evidence" That Saddam had WMD between last summer, and invasion day!

If the "evidence", exists, where are the WMD's?

Our vaunted intelligence, (you know, the same one that saved us on 9/11), can't seem to find any evidence now, and they are saying THEY had NO evidence he had them, in the six months leading up to the war.. If intelligence doesn't have evidence rik, I'd love to see yours. Produce it please.

Seems to me, most of the world except Bush, Blair, Rummie, you, and a few others were screaming he had 'em. Where are they rik???

Syria? Buried in the desert? [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I finally did it, I managed to get rikky and cincin run to the ground in the same day.
View Quote

Pretending your Barbie dolls are your online enemies and hitting them with your wiffle ball bat isn't the same as defeating the actual people.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Produce for me ONE scrap of "evidence" That Saddam had WMD between last summer, and invasion day!

Our vaunted intelligence, (you know, the same one that saved us on 9/11), can't seem to find any evidence now, and they are saying THEY had NO evidence he had them, in the six months leading up to the war.. If intelligence doesn't have evidence rik, I'd love to see yours. Produce it please.

Seems to me, most of the world except Bush, Blair, Rummie, you, and a few others were screaming he had 'em. Where are they rik???

Syria? Buried in the desert? [ROFL2]
View Quote

Most of the world accepted the fact that Saddam had WMDs before the war.  The contention was NOT whether or not he had them, but how best to disarm him.  So you can either believe that EVERY intelligence service in EVERY major nation was wrong or that Saddam simply was very good at hiding his shit.  Given that he had 12 years to perfect the art, I find the latter possibility more believable.
I notice you lightly skipped over the whole Soviet Union issue.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:59:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Our vaunted intelligence, (you know, the same one that saved us on 9/11), can't seem to find any evidence now, and they are saying THEY had NO evidence he had them, in the six months leading up to the war.
View Quote

That's another lie.  
They did not say "THEY had NO evidence".
They said they had no Direct evidence of the WMD's whereabouts.
There are mounds and mounds of evidence that point to the existance of the weapons.  There just is no "Direct" evidence, as in...
"I saw them over here..."
Many then try to spin it, and make the claim you just made.
But that's called lying.

Again, I hope your merely repeating someone else's lies, and not authoring them.

You've already stated falsehoods.
You claim Iraq provided the requested proof of their WMD destruction.
Yet they did not.
Stop with the untruths.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top