Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 1:30:28 PM EDT
I was at a club the other night and heard a sweet remix of "Sweet Home Alabama".  I heard from a buddy that Uncle Kracker did this remix, but can't find it.

Who did the remix and is a copy available for purchase?  

edited - It was a remix using the original L.S. song, not another group or person.  

Later all,
WillysWagon
[headbang]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Emenim did a rap version in the movie 8 Mile. Kinda' neat. [shrug]

I don't know if it's available outside the movie, though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, it wasn't Emimen.  It was a remix using the original L.S. song.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a remix in the SHA movie, but it's a different singer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter who did it, or why, or when, if it ain't the Lynyrd Skynyrd original it's SACRILEGE & you ought to be ashamed of yourself for listening...
View Quote

preach on brother [:)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The Ramblers, Ye Olde Space Bande, Bonfire and the Wolverines all did versions.
Jewel does it in the movie Sweet Home Alabama.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Y'all need to relax...no one's saying you have to stop listening to the Skynyrd version...just that you should learn to appreciate that more folks are learning to love the beauty of their work in new ways. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard Aimee Mann does a cover of "Sweet Home Alabama" on her most recent tour.
Doubt if it's danceable and very doubtful if it's available. Heard she's strict on recordings and doesn't play any new stuff to test out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Do a Google search for:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama (Ultimix Remix)

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope remixers will remember...A southern man don't need them around anyhow....
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Remixing this song is akin to rewriting the New testament in red ink on a post it note, or allowing a French Band to sing the National Anthem.

In short I don't care who remixed it, they need to DIE. Painfully and slowly.

Now salute when the Crimson and White Rolls by...

From Ala-DAMN-BAMA,

Scary Guy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys crack me up.  I do have the original LS version on their greatest hits CD.  I liked the club version because it used the original track and dubbed in a cool beat.  No one can sing the original better than Lynyrd Skynyrd.

By the way, I was born in Alabama and most of my kin lives there.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top