Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/16/2003 1:04:04 PM EDT
Ok, we've had favorite bands, guitar players (both several times) but I don't recall this one. Criteria can be just about anything, but I'm not sure Bob Dylan (r similiar), as a gifted writer as he is, qualifies a "great" singer--even though he is the best at what HE does--whatever that is. That's where I'm coming from here. Mine are mostly male rock singers, but it's open to anything. --Chris Cornell --Jeff Buckley --Myles Kennedy (The Mayfield Four--Jeff Buckley like but rocks more--was also "Thor" in the movie "Rock Star" and did some of the vocals for that movie--as you might guess, I'm VERY big on this guy) --Geoff Tate --Thom Yorke --Sammy Hagar (suit on) --Bono
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:14:36 PM EDT
chris cornell is formerly of soundgarden and now audioslave right? i like him if it is....lets see here: ronnie van zandt - lynyrd skynyrd whichever of the allman brothers used to sing cody canada - cross canadian ragweed hank williams sr merle haggard waylon jennings im sure there are more, but voice wise i think these guys are all top notch [:)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:15:55 PM EDT
Geoff Tate Glen Danzig Layne Staley Chris Cornell Paul Stanley
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:16:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:18:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:20:01 PM EDT
Tony Bennett Frank Sinatra Sammy Davis Jr Dean Martin
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:23:55 PM EDT
Paul Mcartney John Lennon Eric Clapton The other vocalist in creme Roy Orbison Lead singer of Tool Lead singer of boston
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:33:18 PM EDT
Men Rock-Mid 80s Geoff Tate (Bruce Dickenson's awesome, but Tate is more talented) Country- Not my thing, but how about James Taylor Classical- Russel Watson Women Rock-Nancy Wilson Country-Mary Chapin Carpenter Classical-Sarah Brightman
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:48:16 PM EDT
I always thought the harmonizing of the Beatles was awesome. Also- Elton John Rod Stewart (I'm gonna catch hell for that one) James Taylor Robert Plant Billy Joel and speaking of Buckleys.... Tim Buckley (greeting from LA... awesome voal range!)
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:52:08 PM EDT
Michael Jackson
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:00:33 PM EDT
I have always wished I could play guitar like David Gilmour and sing like Sammy Hagar. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:04:53 PM EDT
More: --Sinatra--naturally --Bing Crosby--there was NO bigger star of of the 30's and 40's than this guy(and more imitators than anyone). And, he was truly a gifting singer--great stuff. --Klaus Meine --Joan Osborne (great smoky sound) --Jewel (her first record only--girly sweet, soulful, and power all in one--and a great set of cans to boot) --Whitney Houston--(she's a basket case but used to be able to really blow) --Patti Labelle--no more need be said Chris Cornell--again. The Temple of the Dog record is so fuckin good he deserves another mention.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:38:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/16/2003 3:46:54 PM EDT by raven]
Mike Patton from Faith No More/Mr. Bungle Freddy Mercury from Queen Chris Cornell Scott Weiland This folksinger chick from the 60's, I forget her name, had an incredible song called "Baltimore Oriole".....Judy Henke Astrud Gilberto Fiona Apple
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:48:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By siennfein: Lead singer of Tool
View Quote
Ahh... my favorite. Maynard James Keenan, also lead singer for A Perfect Circle. He is one of the only rock singers who has managed to sing clearly with a relatively high pitched voice over some pretty heavy riffing and still sound good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:49:12 PM EDT
keith whitley buddy holly don williams bellamy brothers charlie daniels doug stone merle haggard johnny cash mel mcdaniels johnny horton john conlee lynrd skynrd the hanks eddie rabbitt eddie raven gary stewart dwight yoakum my buddy brett [url]http://www.busterjiggs.com[/url] [:D] you knew a redneck would have to chime in...........and i could go on forever
Top Top