Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2003 6:20:11 PM EDT
`It will move us backwards and cost the taxpayers $30 million,'' he told The Associated Press on Friday, referring to the projected cost of a special election. [red]``It's just a bunch of affluent losers who are trying to spend money to throw this state into reverse.''[/red]
View Quote

[b]No, dickhead. You already did that. Unless of course, you mean reverse of the downward spiral that you put that state into.[/b]

the rest of the article:
[url]http://my.netscape.com/corewidgets/news/story.psp?cat=51180&id=200306152123000112749[/url]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Davis is right. Committing suicide right now would save the taxpayers millions.

Now go out and do the right thing, Gov.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I understand that the Recall campaign has already gathered 700,000 signatures, and the prediction was that by the end of July, the goal of 900,000 signatures would be attained.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't pay much attention to what goes on in California...what did he do THIS time that's got everyone so pissed?  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
He said people who are trying to recall his sorry ass "sour grapes and a bunch of losers"
He is toast. I wonder what he will do for a job in this fucked up state after he gets the boot?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't his challenger in the last election come real close to beating him???

Bet some Cali people are wishing they voted GOP right now...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm mailing 5 more recall signatures tomorrow. [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He said people who are trying to recall his sorry ass "sour grapes and a bunch of losers"
He is toast. I wonder what he will do for a job in this fucked up state after he gets the boot?
View Quote

That POS mofo can work in strip clubs mopping up the stalls.  Choke on it you POS davis.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yeah!  Simon's managers could have consisted of a troupe of semi-trained chimps for the fuckups that happened in his campaign and he still nearly won.  Simon did in fact pull the votes in conservative areas of the state.  Problem is the libs in LA/SFO outnumber us.

Also women voted for Davis in large numbers.  "Oh yes the state is really fucked up the ass, we're overrun with illegal aliens getting handouts and Davis's energy non-plan is causing me to pay hundreds a month, but he's SUCH an ATTRACTIVE man he'll get my vote."  I'm not making that up.  That kind of shit showed up during the campaign and exit polls, just like it did with Clinton.

If Simon had halfway decent handlers he would have won.

The last straw was the budget deficit.  Davis swore up and down that it wasn’t THAT bad (ONLY around 20 BILLION or so) then a week after he won the election he came out and said “Oh my, it turns out we were wrong… It’s 34 BILLION dollars.  Guess we’re going to have raise everyone’s taxes.  Sorry.  Oh by the way, thanks for re-electing me.”
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yeah!  Simon's managers could have consisted of a troupe of semi-trained chimps for the fuckups that happened in his campaign and he still nearly won.  Simon did in fact pull the votes in conservative areas of the state.  Problem is the libs in LA/SFO outnumber us.

Also women voted for Davis in large numbers.  "Oh yes the state is really fucked up the ass, we're overrun with illegal aliens getting handouts and Davis's energy non-plan is causing me to pay hundreds a month, but he's SUCH an ATTRACTIVE man he'll get my vote."  I'm not making that up.  That kind of shit showed up during the campaign and exit polls, just like it did with Clinton.

If Simon had halfway decent handlers he would have won.

The last straw was the budget deficit.  Davis swore up and down that it wasn’t THAT bad (ONLY around 20 BILLION or so) then a week after he won the election he came out and said “Oh my, it turns out we were wrong… It’s 34 BILLION dollars.  Guess we’re going to have raise everyone’s taxes.  Sorry.  Oh by the way, thanks for re-electing me.”
View Quote

This is why I bought a t-shirt, added a few signatures to the recall, and cant wait until we send him out on his ass.

The gunowners by and large have a big stake in this as it will show to all that all the stupid ass gun laws signed by this homo are just as shallow as his word.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Simon ran weeks of accusations of Davis "illegally" taking donations on state property, complete with "photographic evidence", that turned out to be completely false and was a laughable farce. I was waiting for Simon to follow that up by producing a picture showing that Davis was the shooter on the grassy knoll.

As mentioned above, some of the people in the gop are their own worst enemies and blaming a 3rd party is juvenile.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, Simon came pretty close, but as the old saying goes "close counts only in horseshoes and hand granades."

The news media also f'cked up. Those folks are a big supporter of Gray(out) Davis. Early on in the campaigning, the Simon campaign brought out the issue of Calif. budget deficit, but the media constantly ignored it, and/or repeatedly report in the metro(2nd section) front page or on 2nd section page 2 or 3. The news media bought the BS regarding the budget deficit lock, stock, and barrel from the Davis camp.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Simon ran weeks of accusations of Davis "illegally" taking donations on state property, complete with "photographic evidence", that turned out to be completely false and was a laughable farce. I was waiting for Simon to follow that up by producing a picture showing that Davis was the shooter on the grassy knoll.

As mentioned above, some of the people in the gop are their own worst enemies and blaming a 3rd party is juvenile.
View Quote

I remember that picture, it was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:58:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The gunowners by and large have a big stake in this as it will show to all that all the stupid ass gun laws signed by this homo are just as shallow as his word.
View Quote

One of the truly sad things is that yes, you would think that the gun owners of this state were truly invested in what goes on with their rights here.  Unfortunately, the awful truth is that most of them are not even registered, nevermind actually vote.  According to some estimates, California actually holds anywhere from 5 - 10 million guns.  If you figure that the average gun owner HERE owns about 1.5 guns, that makes about 4 - 7 million gun owners here in california...and there is only a population of about 36 million.  When you consider that only 20% of the population actually voted in the last election.....that means that only a little over 7 million people voted.  Imagine what could have been if all of the gun owners had hit the POLLS!!!

Basically, the fact of the matter is that gun owners in CA don't vote, otherwise even Davis and pals would NOT be able to trample our rights so aggreviously.  They do because they know that gun owners don't care enough to do anything about it.  Why do I say the CA gun owners don't care?  It's because if you look at the numbers, you see that if they did care, they would vote, and we would not be in this mess with Davis to begin with.

As for the group who says that people who are trying to recall Davis should just sit down and shut up, we had our chance in the election, let me respond to you.  And by the way, don't tell me that no one said such a thing, because when I first posted information on the Davis recall, I received many responses saying just that.  Davis used his position to cover up the actual state of affairs here in CA, and many people went to the polls actually believing that we were in a much better state than we actually were.  This was possible because his cronies control all of the vital centers of operation, from the executive, to the legislative, to the justice system as a whole, THIS is how he was able to cover this up.  There simply WERE NO dissenting people in a position to know or do anything about it.  

I personally know many liberals who have said that if they had known just how badly Davis had messed this state up, they would never have voted for the man, but did because they believed his tales of state prosperity.  This deceit is what gives the recall movement a strong bedrock to stand on.  All of the people who voted him into office could not have possibly voted with full knowledge of the facts, because they were purposefully and maliciously lied to, and therefore the election is null and void.  

It is the duty of the people to stand up and cry out against any tyranny or deceit, or even plain incompetence, that they see evidenced in their elected leaders, not just during election time, but during their entire reign.  

edited for spelling errors, given the time of night [:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:09:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the truly sad things is that yes, you would think that the gun owners of this state were truly invested in what goes on with their rights here.  Unfortunately, the awful truth is that most of them are not even registered, nevermind actually vote.  According to some estimates, California actually holds anywhere from 5 - 10 million guns.  If you figure that the average gun owner HERE owns about 1.5 guns, that makes about 4 - 7 million gun owners here in california...and there is only a population of about 36 million.  When you consider that only 20% of the population actually voted in the last election.....that means that only a little over 7 million people voted.  Imagine what could have been if all of the gun owners had hit the POLES!!!

Basically, the fact of the matter is that gun owners in CA don't vote, otherwise even Davis and pals would NOT be able to trample our rights so aggreviously.  They do because they know that gun owners don't care enough to do anything about it.  Why do I say the CA gun owners don't care?  It's because if you look at the numbers, you see that if they did care, they would vote, and we would not be in this mess with Davis to begin with.
View Quote

That's POLLS, not poles.

About the CA gunners, I couldn't agree more. Those folks are basically very complacent because the the guns being banned weren't theirs(AWs) or will I can live that. When there was a petition drive to reverse SB23(CAlif's new AW ban, some refused to sign the petition, or I had to spend many minutes convincing them to sign and this was the Great Western Gun Show, Pomona, Calif. Some of them were not register to vote because they didn't want to do jury duty, didn't want to be put on a list etc. The Calif gunners pretty much deserve what we get.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Many of the above posters are quite right, I'm sure, when they say the gun owners haven't fired the right ballot.  Do you want to just whine all the time, or will you get out and vote?  It's how I make enemies when people from some states or countries complain and I simply say "You deserve it."  If you don't get out there, stop the f'in'  whining!

I do hope the recall is successful and, more than replacing a real pussy of a governor, shakes the bubbleheads which seem to have the most influence for the time being.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Ha!  The artical quoted several Republicans:

"Many Republicans fear the recall could backfire and leave them worse off in a state where Democrats already control every
statewide office and both houses of the Legislature."

GO FOR BROKE!  what do you have to lose?  I do understand the POLITICAL appeal of making the Democrats deal with a 40 B deficit, but this is not a responsible posittion to take.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I downloaded and signed my petition and it's sitting on my wife's desk awaiting her signature.

[url]http://www.recallgraydavis.org/[/url]
View Quote

Every single gun owner in CA should be registering gun owners to vote, and circulating petitions...

{DVD, I talked to the chief, he's gonna talk to the guys..)
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#20]
If I was in Cali I'd be chomping at the bit.  But outside some of us are of the opinion "give em enough rope."  With total controll by Dems and libs, the caniblistic self destruction will be an object lesson and a perfect example of what could happen when PC and tax and spend run riot.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top