Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 3:43:45 PM EDT
Continuing to push book, even though the courts have not ruled on his appeal of the County ethics decision. Prosecutors are also NOT happy about this book coming out BEFORE the trial.

It also shows that Moose isn't too bright, if he gets to release his book, and the suspects are found innocent-the material in the book could be used against him in court for violating the suspects Civil Rights! If he causes a mistrial the Federal Goverment might have grounds to prosecute him for obstruction of justice.

He may be pushing this ahead though because his ego may be demanding that he get his version of the story out to his fans before the trials reveal what a ASS he was and how he botched the investigation with his refusal to accept that the shooter was anything other than a "angry white man".

ROCKVILLE, Md. (June 14) - A book by the police chief who helped lead the Washington-area sniper investigation has been posted for preorder sales on the Internet, despite a ruling from a county ethics commission that he stop the project.

Charles Moose appealed the commission's decision, but state and federal courts have yet to rule. Moose's New York publisher, E.P. Dutton, meanwhile listed the book, ``Three Weeks in October,'' on Amazon.com.

Two Montgomery County Council members questioned whether Moose should remain chief because of the decision to list it.

``When you have an appeal underway and it's not been decided, I think it is a problem that he's going out to sell the book,'' Council member Phil Andrews told The Washington Post. ``I think its grounds for us to begin considering whether he stays as chief of police.''

The appearance of the chief's book for sale has further complicated an already complex situation, said council member Mike Knapp.

``The fact that a book is listed is really unfortunate,'' Knapp said Friday. ``It really begins to force our hands.''

On March 20, the commission said Moose's request to write a book and to consult on a movie project violated the county's code of ethics, which forbids employees from exploiting the prestige of public office for personal gain.

In his federal lawsuit, Moose contends that any attempt to prevent him from writing the book, scheduled for release in October, would violate his First Amendment rights.

Knapp and Andrews said they believe it will be up to County Executive Douglas Duncan to decide what action, if any, to take in response.

Duncan has stated repeatedly that he supports the chief's desire to write the book and to appeal the Ethics Commission's decision, spokesman David Weaver said.

The chief's wife, Sandy Moose, said neither she nor her husband wished to comment.

06/14/03 15:11 EDT

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.  All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahhhhhhh yes, affirmative action in action...!

[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31613[/url]

[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31764[/url]

"Moose didn't want his officers stopping every black in Montgomery County," said one officer who worked on the investigation. "Of course, it was OK to stop every white in a white box truck."
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
see what happens when you hire an idiot?

[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/rojasray/Moose.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
HAHAAHA!  You guys!  Like they'd EVER fire Moose.  You know what would happen if they did?  He'd sue them for racist discrimination, say the county was trying to keep him down.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
He's got his White wife and his affirmatve action job. What else does he want from us?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow, writing a book before the trial, what a dipstick! You can bet the defendant's attorneys are going to get a copy of that book, published or not, and comb through it word by word for anything to help them, not to mention the "The Chief needed to pin this on someone because he needed money from a book deal." angle. [whacko]
View Quote

Think maybe Moose is pushing his book to intentionally ruin the trial?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Think maybe Moose is pushing his book to intentionally ruin the trial?
View Quote

Nah, he isn't that smart.  What you ARE seeing are most of the 7 deadlies, especially Pride and Greed.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Of course if anyone was to claim that he was a racist............  Blacks being racists??!!!!  NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Politically correct mode on] No offense meant to anyone, but I've noticed that some of the most racist people I've met are blacks.  Not to say I haven't met my share of racist a$$ whites.  Racists of ANY color should be shot and quartered!!! [/Politically correct mode off]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
That Moose is a fucking scumbag.

I heard on the radio that that wasn't an ethics decision,it was a written rule that no cops or chiefs(or whatever) could profit from other peoples misery.He's asking the ethics commitee to make an exception because this is a "once in a lifetime chance"for him to make $125,000 on the murders of people he was supposed to protect.

Apparently his whity wife has already called out the race card on the board that they won't make an exception because he's..........Black.....boo hoo hoo.....

What a couplea lowlifes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:29:16 AM EDT
[#10]
If he or his minions had thrown me on the ground during that fiasco, he and his shit family wouldn't be worrying about the book deal.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Of course if anyone was to claim that he was a racist............  Blacks being racists??!!!!  NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Politically correct mode on] No offense meant to anyone, but I've noticed that some of the most racist people I've met are blacks.  Not to say I haven't met my share of racist a$$ whites.
View Quote

Let's be honest: quite a few racist whites seem to post on this forum, although not as many as before, thank God....

Racists of ANY color should be shot and quartered!!! [/Politically correct mode off]
View Quote

Hmmmm.....do you really mean that? Think that one through. I don't like them either, but to be put to death for having different views? Sounds like hate crime legislation, revved to the max. [shock]

[b]Enforce the Bill of Rights! All of it![/b]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That Moose is a fucking scumbag.

I heard on the radio that that wasn't an ethics decision,it was a written rule that no cops or chiefs(or whatever) could profit from other peoples misery.He's asking the ethics commitee to make an exception because this is a "once in a lifetime chance"for him to make $125,000 on the murders of people he was supposed to protect.

Apparently his whity wife has already called out the race card on the board that they won't make an exception because he's..........Black.....boo hoo hoo.....

What a couplea lowlifes.
View Quote

Nah- they're just "disgrumbled" government employees, trying to make a buck any which way they can.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:52:28 AM EDT
[#13]
"The love of money is the root of all evil."
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:00:00 AM EDT
[#14]
yet another quality gov't employee [toilet].  what a dip.
 the fact that he's opportunistic doesn't really bother me.  the fact that he is ignorant of the ethics required by his job raises several issues:  either he is too stupid to know better or he is too arrogant to observe the laws everyone has to observe.  could be that with this entitlement attitude sweeping across this land, he feels like he is owed his chance in the sun.  race aside, it shows his true character.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He's got his White wife and his affirmatve action job. What else does he want from us?
View Quote

Reparations....Oh yeah!  And yer guns....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top