Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 2:11:00 AM EDT
Just got through watching the last episode of Farscape again.  Damn that was depressing!

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#1]
It wasn't supposed to be the last episode of the series, just the season ending cliff-hanger.  However, the SciFi channel(in its infinite wisdom) decided to cancel the show after they wrapped filming for the season.  Pissed me off because Farscape was the only TV show I actually made a point of watching.  

Hopefully, the creators of Farscape will get a chance to make a feature length movie now.  
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#2]
That aired two months ago.

It was a stupid move. They cancelled the show that was their highest ratings winner to pay Speilburg for his "Taken" mini-series that noone watched.  The show only cost 1.4 million per episode to produce which is dirt cheap these days.  They said it cost too much.

The show is in talks fo syndication currently.  A cartoon version of the show is comming out as a full length movie this summer (who cares).
The show died only after the largest letter writing campain in history.

Remember, it said "To be continued" at the end.  The show was written with the thought that another network would pick it up.  It would be a bad move by any network who was offered not to pick it up, there are some great ratings there.

It will be back.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
It aired again tonight.  I hope it gets picked up by someone.  Was the show made specifically for the American SciFi channel?  I was wondering if it may continue in other countries.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't even seen it yet. I was so mad that Sci-fi was canceling it that I haven't watched anything on Sci-fi since.

Good Ep?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't even seen it yet. I was so mad that Sci-fi was canceling it that I haven't watched anything on Sci-fi since.

Good Ep?
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good Ep?
View Quote

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good except for the last 15 or so seconds of it, which set up the season cliffhanger.  It was the mother of all cliffhangers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good Ep?
View Quote

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good except for the last 15 or so seconds of it, which set up the season cliffhanger.  It was the mother of all cliffhangers.
View Quote

Ya it was. Anyone want to give details about the movie?

I have to admitt that I have watched the reruns of farscape and I watched the Dune Series, but nothing else.

They got rid of this, I-Man, The Chronicle, and recplace it with what Johnthan Edwards and Shannon Dorhety?

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
SciFi Channel complained that they hadn't reached the viewer/fan base they'd hoped for. To me this meant they were expecting a stand alone series to attract a fan base about the size of Star Treks'. Which of course, has had 30+ yrs and several series and motion pictures to build it's fan base. But I'd also agree that SciFi Channel probably wanted a good chunk of Farscapes budget for all the B grade original movies they've been pukin out lately.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ya it was. Anyone want to give details about the movie?
View Quote

The movie is to be a full length [b]cartoon[/b].
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#10]
We've been picking up the re-runs from Sci-Fi on Tivo and letting them stack up for a couple of weeks.  Then we do a marathon of 5-7 episodes at a stretch.

The series is even better that way as the connections between episodes are clearer and the emotions and interplay of the charaters stand out.

It's an amazing series and Sci-Fi really screwed over (and pissed off) a lot of people when they dropped it.  Other than Tremors and the occasional running of old TV shows (Buck Rogers, SAAB) I've pretty well given up on them.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to buy the entire series on DVD, goddamnit.

I LOVED that show.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
In case anyone gives a damn and I don't know if it'll be a good thing or not, SciFi plans on doing a four hour mini-series of "The Thing". Just to stay on topic they still suck for pulling Farscape.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I LOVED that show.
View Quote

Me too!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:19:40 PM EDT
[#14]
That episode was really good, until the last 15 seconds. I was PISSED when they did that. That would have made a perfect last episode, except for the last part. All they had to do was drop the last scene, and it would have been great. But NOOOOO!! They had to fsck it up.

I was never a big fan of Farscape though. I dunno why, I just never got into it. But I'm a huge Stargate SG-1 fan. I love that show! The Season 7 premiere last night was awesome. I'm pumped for the rest of it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I hated it when they canceled LEXX.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#16]
at least they haven't cancelled Stargate SG-1, with anti-gun Richard Dean Anderson toting around a P90 and shooting everything in sight!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn!  I just started watching the reruns about a month ago, and I was really starting to get into it!  Figures they screw me like that.  Hopefully it'll come back somehow.

So WTF is up with the SciFi channel anyway???  I'm a big sci-fi fan, and can watch just about anything, but 90% of what they show is pure garbage!  I could think of a shitload of sci-fi series they could rerun.

Crossing Over w/ John Edward, WTF???
The only good shows they have now are Farscape and Stargate.  I was surprise to find out that they still show one of my favorites, MST3K, but it's on in the morning, so I'll probably never see it unless I go out of my way to watch it.

And the friggen movies they show, WTF!?!?!?  Even for sci-fi, these are the worst damn movies I've ever seen.  Hell, calling them B movies would be a compliment.  No wonder none of them have ever spent a day on the big screen.  Even when they do show a movie that was actually in the theaters, it's usually some teenie-bopper horror flick, not a real sci-fi movie.

As far as I can remember, I have NEVER seen a TRUE sci-fi classic on that channel.  I don't know much about the TV business, but is it too expensive for them to show big name movies?  Or are they that friggen stupid and don't know their market???

They REALLY need to change the network name to something more accurate, like: "Supernatural and Stupid Teen Horror Movie Channel."

Sorry for the rant.

BTW, I admit to being the only Sci-fi fan that actually liked the "Taken" series. [:I]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hell, calling them B movies would be a compliment.
View Quote

Well yeah, now that you mention it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They REALLY need to change the network name to something more accurate, like: "Supernatural and Stupid Teen Horror Movie Channel."
View Quote

Amen to that. I stopped watching YEARS ago. It's a shame. They had a few really good years then they started producing low budget dreck and peddling it to kids who didn't know any better.

After the truth in advertising guys make them change the name maybe someone else can take the name and try again.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Spike/TNN has much better scifi/fantasy than sci.

So what is the deal with the cartoon movie  thing a ma bob? Where can i see it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top