CRC
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Found This:

[url]http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/6079288.htm [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Last I heard, there wasn't enough signatures on the petition (yet). All of the signers HAVE to be registered voters & then it has to be verified & validated. By the time that's all over, Davis may be up for re-election.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Bob-

Found this from another article:

Recall efforts have been begun against every California governor in the past 30 years, but none has collected the needed signatures. This effort seemed headed for a similar fate until Issa started pouring money in. Supporters say they now have more than 600,000 of the 897,000 signatures they need.

If organizers reach their goal, a recall election could be held as early as this fall. If voters then decided to oust Davis, they would choose his replacement from a list of candidates on the same ballot.

----

CRC
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I signed the petition the other day to get that FUCKNUT removed from office. The fact that Grey Dufus has mounted a campaign of his own shows he is feeling the pressure. I wonder if this recent proposed layoff of CHP and other state workers is just a ploy by Davis which will miraculously take a turn for the better to make him look better. What a POS anyhow......

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
that cocksucker is still there?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
The ahole didn't claim a budget crisis until about three weeks after the election.  Wonder why Bill Simon's camp didn't find out Kali was in financial trouble and make an issue out of it????
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They want 1.2M to cover for errors.  Still haven't signed anything yet, and these are paid sig collectors.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]
More:

Davis' supporters point, for example, to Darrell Issa's opposition to an assault- weapons ban and to a permanent ban on offshore oil drilling as out of step with a majority of Californians......
----
.....Ted Costa, the anti-tax gadfly who launched the Davis recall, says he and others have at least a half-million signatures on paper and are collecting names at a clip that, if it continues, would reach the goal of nearly 900,000 valid names by early July.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
A thread about recalling Gray Davis, withOUT this link???? - http://www.recallgraydavis.com/

We need more sigs.

Help the Rescue of Kalifornia from Dem/Lib clutches.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw a guy in front of a Longs drug store today trying to get folks to sign the "anti-recall effort"

He didnt have any signatures when I saw him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I saw a guy in front of a Longs drug store today trying to get folks to sign the "anti-recall effort"

He didnt have any signatures when I saw him.
View Quote

If I saw him I would tell him/her to take their symbolic signature clipboard and shove it up their grAY piehole.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bob-

Found this from another article:

Recall efforts have been begun against every California governor in the past 30 years, but none has collected the needed signatures. This effort seemed headed for a similar fate until Issa started pouring money in. Supporters say they now have more than 600,000 of the 897,000 signatures they need.

If organizers reach their goal, a recall election could be held as early as this fall. If voters then decided to oust Davis, they would choose his replacement from a list of candidates on the same ballot.

----

CRC
View Quote

The recall people must get at least 10% of the number of voters in the previous election. That election had a record low voter turn-out, so we have a pretty good chance of getting the required signatures.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Every single gun owner in CA should be out collecting signatures......
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Every single gun owner in CA should be out collecting signatures......
View Quote

I don't live in CA but that is part of the reason I posted about it.

I mainly posted about it cause I hate liberals.

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top