BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 10:36:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
The 'Bigger Hammer' approach.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Kill em all.  Fuck restraint.  I get so tired of Colin Powel talking about restraint.  Restraint wont end terrorism, killing terrorist will stop terrorism.  

Hey Colin, how much restraint did we show in Iraq?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Wipe them out....wipe them all out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]
owned!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
... look at these Internet rumors.

[url]http://www.aviationtoday.com/reports/rotorwing/previous/0301/0301defup.htm[/url] about 2/3 down the page.

"Israel Procuring Apaches and Black Hawks"

... dang!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#6]
The Pals were just stupid to call for all out war against the IDF, they are fucked now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
They must have some damn good intel to regularly hit moving vehicles with Hamas targets.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Pals were just stupid to call for all out war against the IDF, they are fucked now.
View Quote

Arabs doing something stupid?  Whats new.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#10]
What are that many people, ESPECIALLY CHILDREN, doing in the street that close to a car in the middle of the night??????
View Quote
 Providing  a target rich environment.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Think about the logistics of eyeballing a target getting into vehicle, observing where that vehicle goes, scrambling a helicopter, interepting that vehicle, and getting a shot on target. At night. Against people that know they're targets.

I wonder if they're using Predator drones
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Good, another one gone.  

They are there on the scene because they do not have jobs for the most part.  They have bought into being perpetual victims.  To be honest I have a hard time believing a lot of their wounded stats because they lie about everything else.

As far as the Israeli intelligence, when you've been hunted the entire time you've been around, you get good or you get dead.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Think about the logistics of eyeballing a target getting into vehicle, observing where that vehicle goes, scrambling a helicopter, interepting that vehicle, and getting a shot on target. At night. Against people that know they're targets.

View Quote

maybe all the cars are getting "transpondered" when nobody is looking......[;D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#15]
The Israelis also use a special paint on the roof of the cars.  Gives the roof a special glow that the piolts can pick up in the helicopters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

They invented the modern RPV. The Pioneer drones, still used by the USMC, are Israeli made and were used over Lebanon in 1979. Earlier, "one of" experimental models and the limited production Mastiff drone go back to 1975 or so. Credit goes to IDF aviators who were also kit plane hobbiests who wanted to avoid a repeat of the aircraft losses from the Yom Kippur War in 73. During that war the Israeli airmen also were introduced to the existance of small, cheep CCDs when we supplied them with Maverick AGMs and Walleye glide bombs.

They just put the two technologies togeather. but in a way the hidebound USAF of the era never thought of.

They still are among the world leaders in RPVs and they have many small RPVs, similar to the USMCs still experimental Dragon Eye system. And in areas near the borders and on the perimeters of settlements they have mast mounted cameras in both IIR and LLLTV with high magnification zoom lenses.

In addition to RPVs and cameras they have both fixed and mobile radio and cell phone tracking systems. The whole of the wire telephone nets in west bank and Gaza are wired into IDF wiretapp posts.

And then there are the spies. More than a few Palistinians work for the IDF. And they have had some success in infiltrating Israeli Arabs and Druze into terror organizations.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#18]
And again, I have to point out that while the IDF solution here is certainly creative, I don't think it is what we would do right now if we encountered this.

Most cases-unless it was a quick target of opportunity and the only choice was a quick shot from a Hellfire armed Predator- we would solve this with one or two bullets from a helicopter, rooftop or nearby hill.

Or the "men with green faces" would come in the night and they would just disappear.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

They have been using UAV's since the 1982 war, but those were to map Syrian air defenses.  The Israelis have these mini helium balloons with surveillance equipment posted over all sorts of trouble spots.  Silent eyes in the skies with long endurance.  Also like someone said, a great intelligence network of spies, informants, moles, bugs, etc.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Hadji is just a real slow learner. It's not really his fault. It's something in his DNA that makes him constantly strive to be the top in his class of future Darwin Award winners. [stick]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And again, I have to point out that while the IDF solution here is certainly creative, I don't think it is what we would do right now if we encountered this.

Most cases-unless it was a quick target of opportunity and the only choice was a quick shot from a Hellfire armed Predator- we would solve this with one or two bullets from a helicopter, rooftop or nearby hill.

Or the "men with green faces" would come in the night and they would just disappear.
View Quote

thats simply not the truth. In fact the u.s. in most cases just drops bombs on the target(which I agree with)or also uses missiles(like that recent strike in yemon that was modeled after what the israelis do). Its too long to list all the examples but suffice it to say the u.s. didnt use your tactics in iraq but used a bit more havier(understatment!!)firepower to go after the leaders there. If you ask me, the solution is to allow israel to do excatly what the u.s. does in its fight against terriosim.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#22]
1) The 'US Equivalent' of this operation would not be a spec-ops team with rifles... Maybe a spec-ops team with laser designators, but the preferred 'American response' since 1991 has been heavy precision-guided munitions (Tomahawks, Paveways and JDAMs)...

Failing that, the 'new' response would be to send the Army through to kick down doors & flatten stuff, ala Iraq... I wonder how well Hamas would fare against an OIF-sized force (what's the biggest armor formation the IDF has sent in since 2000, anyhow???)...

2) The Israelis are trying to ensure that no one in the vehicle survives. 30mm cannot achieve this, so they use Hellfires. It only fails when they miss (which is rarely)...

In short, you can't force peace, except through war... Hamas needs to be destroyed... Israel seems to be the only candidate to do it...

My suggestion: If the UN wants to prove their worth, why don't they put one of their vaunted 'coalitions' together and go flush out Hamas? I mean, they're such great peacekeepers, why not try it in the most obvious spot? Roll on in, kick Hamas in the ass, and secure the peace...

That's right... The UN has never found a peace it could successfully keep... Although an international force might have a better chance at destroying Hamas while avoiding inflaming the rest of the population (if there is a 'rest of the population) since Israel would not be involved at all...

Then again, they may need to slug it out untill the Palis are tired of dying, and do their own radicals in...

We'll see, my bets are on the last scenario, though...
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#23]
time to clean up the $hit, and maybe close the 50+ yo relocation camps
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't help but think the people of Israel must be among the most patient in the world.  They put up with this crap day in day out for years.  If that were to happen for a week in this country you would not hear people (here at least) counseling restraint.  If the government did not take care of things fast I believe the people of this country would.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[

thats simply not the truth. In fact the u.s. in most cases just drops bombs on the target(which I agree with)or also uses missiles(like that recent strike in yemon that was modeled after what the israelis do). Its too long to list all the examples but suffice it to say the u.s. didnt use your tactics in iraq but used a bit more havier(understatment!!)firepower to go after the leaders there. If you ask me, the solution is to allow israel to do excatly what the u.s. does in its fight against terriosim.
View Quote

Damn straight!!! When we thought we had Sadaam we dropped several laser guided 2000lb bombs on that house in Baghdad. Oops, no Sadaam (at least we aren't sure). But when Israel did this once in Gaza Powell went nuts. We should stop being such hypocrites and let Israel kick the crap out of them. I'd wait for one of those funeral parties where they fill the streets with gunmen and drop a few cluster bombs on them. Powell needs a huge cup of Shut the Fuck Up! Stay safe IDFM_203.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#27]
M.O.A.B.

hmmm....I always seem to have the same idea about how to deal with [s]pali's[/s] trash, reject, arabs.[X]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top