Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 1:15:21 AM EDT
My Brother-in-law just got a nice bass boat. A 92' Lowe console with a 50 hp Evinrude.  Boat is in excellent shape and looks like it was a yard queen but there are a couple of problems.  The power trim functions fine but the motor when trimmed up creeps back down real slow.  I'm assuming there's a seal or something bad.  The fluid isn't leaking anyplace we can see so I think it is flowing back into the resevior?  Would low fluid cause this?  Also the beeper that tells you when the oil is low and/or the temp is high stays on constantly.  Bad sending unit someplace?

TIA
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:02:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Bueller?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, at least you got the most important thing correct.....It's your BROTHER's-IN-LAW.

yep...the best boat to have is one that doesn't belong to you.

I have no idea about the hydrolics....or the light.

I would just use the thing, keep a good eye on the oil and put it in the shop in november...

have fun

-HS
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I would start by asking is the water pump working?  Are you hooking this up to the hose when running or in the water? Or running it DRY? The tilt trim is probably a seal.  BOAT= [b] BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND[/b]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:02:53 AM EDT
[#4]
The trim problem could also be a bad check valve.

Get the shop manual if you are up to performing the work youself.

Like it has been said before the best boats belong to friends or relatives.  Unfortunately, I didn't learn this before I bought my own hole in the water.

One last thing: 92 feet and only 50 HP?  [:)]

Kent
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I found a wonderful boating webboard that has 24,000 members, and offers a lot of info.
Try [url]www.iboats.com[/url]
Good folks and good search results.
I believe thay answered your question a few days ago, so try a search.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:28:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Make sure the hydrolic fluid reservior is full. Top off, cap and then go fully up and then down. Check level. Top off if necessary. Repeat.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Check the manual tilt valve to see if it is tight(look in 1/2 inch hole on side of transom clamp for flat head screw), with the engine cold turn the key on if the warning horn sounds(stays on) disconnect the brown wire on the top cylinder, if the horn stops replace the temp sender.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top