Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 7:06:26 PM EDT
[url]http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/61103_local_planecrash.html[/url]

I was flying when and heard it all.  I still cant belive it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats pretty sad. Too bad John Denver had to go the same way, I liked him. Back when I worked at a fiberglass factory, a coworked that used to live in Arizona and was a manager of "Desert Rat Offroad" told me John Denver would stop in to talk to him whenever he was in town. It always sucks when someone dies before thier time[:(]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank God it was only a plane. For a min I thought something terrible happened, like a chemical plant exploding.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
HAAAAAA HAHAHAH
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I just now got home from working an ultra light crash with two souls lost. Apparent engine trouble. Ten more feet of altitude and they would have made it to a nice big field.

It was a nice Chinook Plus 2 pusher but it did not fare very well versus a pine forest...

We will be back out there in the AM documenting the scene.

RIP, Gentlemen.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#5]
About a month after I got my private ticket my favorite instructor crashed and burned.  Was showing a new girlfriend that you could glide a Cessna 152 in the updrafts of the Tehachapis.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HAAAAAA HAHAHAH
View Quote

Yeah, real funny. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Well today winds were 20 knots at 190...then 210...i dont even know what the gusts where.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top