Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/11/2003 4:19:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:23:29 PM EDT
I will give you $50.00 but, you pay the shipping / insurance. I know, not much help. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:36:05 PM EDT
needs pics
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:39:00 PM EDT
IIRC, you can take the rocks out of what you have, and put them in a new mount on something you prefer. (just another option)
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:45:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:50:29 PM EDT
go to any local pawn shop and check out the price tags...get an appraisal there. that's the real world value. as suggested, have the rock remounted in a new setting.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:06:07 PM EDT
Don't Movie Stars have inexpensive copies of their expensive rings made so they can leave their expensive rings home in the safe? Maybe you can find a jeweler in LA that will get you a white gold copy of one of their really expensive rings at a fair price. Who the hell looks at them that close anyway?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:19:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lostwildcat:
Originally Posted By cyanide: needs pics
View Quote
Do you think you can tell anything from pictures? if so i'll try to get some.
View Quote
It would help me see the settings, thats all, and make for a easier estamite, if you want a real appraisal it would behove you to see a Jeweler, since money is involved. Just trying to lead you in a --- what's best for you-- direction.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:24:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By CAMPYBOB: go to any local pawn shop and check out the price tags...get an appraisal there. that's the real world value. as suggested, have the rock remounted in a new setting.
View Quote
No it's not, pawn shops make a killing on the [b] loans they give[/b] and hold merchandise. Avoid a pawn shop like the plague. At a pawn shop they pay you for the metal weight, only, forget the fabrication process, and you will be killed on the diamond value. In turn they will sell it for up to three times what they offered you.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:40:42 PM EDT
Cyanide is right. Go to a reputable jeweler. They may charge you for an appraisal, but you will ge the real worth. Find someone in your area who is recommended. Don't go to a pawn shop. I am in the process of buying an engagement ring right now and I had an idea like Amotramp to have a real ring and a fake ring but I have to say it is a bad one and here is why (as explained by a family friend who is my jeweler). The whole purpose of wearing a copy of your real ring is so that if it is stolen you do not care, meaning you are wearing the ring somewhere that it could be stolen. This means you are still going to get robbed because they saw the ring and possibly shot (or have to shoot back) over a piece of fake jewelery. Sorry for the side note but thought he made a good point.
Top Top