Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/10/2003 9:37:41 PM EDT
The over pressure relief valve started to leak water. It's going all over the basement floor. It does not seem to be coming out as steam or very hot. Does it just need to be replaced? If so, are they a standard size/type? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:02:49 PM EDT
It needs to be replaced. Cut off the water supply & power to the WH, remove the old pressure relief valve, and take it with you to get a new one. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they're all pretty much the same. Been a while since I had to replace one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:17:29 PM EDT
While you are at it, pipe that thing where it won't make a big mess if you can.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:20:40 PM EDT
I don't know if the plumbing standards has changed, but I would double-check, but you can use the heavy plastic lawn-sprinkler pipe to pipe to a suitable location to drain the water, such as sink, etc.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:49:31 PM EDT
Thanks guys, hate to admit this, but I put a bucket under it, and never thought to rout it to the drain. ARF comes through again! Excuse me, I have a garden hose to go cut up.
Top Top