Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 3:43:35 PM EDT
Went to eat today with some guys from work at a fast food place.  When we got back to work I realized I had left my jacket there, with my cell phone in it and my S&W Airlite.  SON OF A B*&#@$@#$$@$#!!!!!  I hauled ass back there and the jacket was right where I left it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Time to rethink your carry method?  Go for something on-body, if you can't go with some type of belt holster, try a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I lost an EA preban lower once.

Found it two days later under a stack of magazines.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Live and learn. Nice to have it back. Why did you forget the jacket ?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Not flamin' here but, how can someone "forget" their gun?
AB
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well Robert Blake did, so this wasn't the first time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey that's the excuse that Robert Blake used...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
When you "temporarily misplace" a firearm, it does get you pacing the floor for a while, while sweating profusely, until it comes to you where you left it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry a Kel-Tec P32 to work (office), but I can't carry it on me.  So, I keep it in a holster in the catch pocket of my soft Eddie Bauer briefcase (my purse).  One day, I was looking for my cell phone battery when I noticed it was missing.  Can you imagine the panic of thinking that your pistol is lying somewhere around your department offices?

I found it 3 minutes later on the front seat of my car, where it fell out.  That afternoon I got a new clip-holster (and a new pair of underpants).
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Only time I ever realized I had misplaced one is when I heard it clanging around in the clothes dryer.  doh!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... I hauled ass back there and the jacket was right where I left it.
View Quote

Quoted:
Well Robert Blake did, so this wasn't the first time.
View Quote

Fortunately, when SNorman got back to work, no one was dead.  Or at the Tacky Taco, for that matter...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Reading some of these replies, maybe some people [b]shouldn't[/b] have guns after all....[%|]Poster boys for gun control- sheesh! Don't give the antis any more ammo, please![nono]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Stepped out of the truck to take a shot. 10 -15 minutes later I looked over and din't see my rifle where it usually rides. Found it on the side of a two track road a few miles back. Luckily it was on my place.

Stupid me.

cruizer
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I once worked in a restaurant and The hostess asked me check one of the booths , because a customer who was just there called to let us know that he may have lost his gun there , sure enough , I go back and there is a S&W .38 laying on the seat....

t
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Well with the warm weather and all, plus my skinny frame, it is hard to conceal a pistol on my body.  I keep this S&W tucked in the inside pocket of my leather jacket and take it whenever possible.  It was warm in the joint so I slipped the jacket off and freakin got up without it on.  None of the other 3 guys noticed either.  BTW I also carry a SIG in a backpack I bring to work which stays under my desk [:)].  I tell you guys, I thought when I got back to the restaurant there was going to be cops waiting for me. Or, no jacket.  Or, the jacket sans S&W.  I was so relieved afterwards I stopped by the BMW/Aprilia motorcycle dealer on the way home and caressed some fine bikes.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:23:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Can't say as I've ever lost or forgot my gun, although I did leave one of my magazines in one of my bags that I use to keep clothes for trips in and forgot about it.  Worried me a bit, but never my gun...  
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:34:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Only time I ever realized I had misplaced one is when I heard it clanging around in the clothes dryer.  doh!
View Quote

Ouch!

And I feel bad when my Buck pocket knife gets a ride in the washer/dryer...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:50:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Yea, good thing the North American Arms mini wheel gun is stainless. Wifey learned at that point not to pick up my clothes and just chuck em in the laundry without checking all pockets.  hehe  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top