Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 2:49:48 PM EDT

While at the dentist today waiting to go into the chair, I read some interesting articles in a magazine called "The Trumpet."  

Not sure what type of magazine it is, but it seemed like it was politically oriented. Anyway, one of the articles mentioned the German General Staff being reinstated. The other article was about Germany entering into a new alliance with Russia. Anybody else heard or read anything about this?

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Good!  Maybe the French will shut the f*ck up and go back to kissing our deserving  *ss now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can I join?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not sure what type of magazine it is, but it seemed like it was politically oriented.
View Quote

[img]http://www.thetrumpet.com/images/logotype.jpg[/img]

Like, gag me with spoon, dude. [rolleyes]
"Prophecy Comes Alive in Iraq!"
"A Mysterious Alliance"
   A look at a Psalm that strongly indicates which countries will be allied with the king of the south
"The Polish Connection"
How the EU will gain a presence near Jerusalem

Anybody else heard or read anything about this?
View Quote

You mean crap like the articles as such, or "We WANT Armageddon, hallejuhah!" bullshit magazines like that in general?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While at the dentist today waiting to go into the chair, I read some interesting articles in a magazine called "The Trumpet."  

View Quote

Does your dentist leave these mags in his waiting room to numb the brains of his patients, so he won't have to spend so much $$ on Novocaine?.....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Does your dentist leave these mags in his waiting room to numb the brains of his patients, so he won't have to spend so much $$ on Novocaine?.....[rolleyes]
View Quote

Must work; I left there feeling better than when I arrived![:D]

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Does anybody else besides me see something wierd about a "panzersergeant" asking questions about what the Germans are doing?

Don't you read your newsletters?

P.S.  www.google.com is your friend...

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Must work; I left there feeling better than when I arrived![:D]

Panzer Out

View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what type of magazine it is, but it seemed like it was politically oriented.
View Quote

[url]http://www.thetrumpet.com/images/logotype.jpg[/url]

Like, gag me with spoon, dude. [rolleyes]

"Prophecy Comes Alive in Iraq!"
"A Mysterious Alliance"
   A look at a Psalm that strongly indicates which countries will be allied with the king of the south
"The Polish Connection"
How the EU will gain a presence near Jerusalem

Anybody else heard or read anything about this?
View Quote

You mean crap like the articles as such, or "We WANT Armageddon, hallejuhah!" bullshit magazines like that in general?
View Quote

I thought it sounded a little farfetched. I only flipped through if for a minute two before I was seen by the dentist. It had a very convincing "Time/Newsweek" format to it. Still, think of the repercussions if the Germans were to restore their general staff and ally with Russia. The first thing on their agenda would be to recover East Prussia. After that, Alsace Lorraine. But that is still a long ways off; It took almost 60 years to wimpify the German army; it will take at least as long to restore it to its former blitzkrieg self. And who knows if NATO or the UN will even be around then?

No one has ever taken American soil by force (for you hair-splitters, I am talking only about the continental US). But if someone ever did, I am pretty sure we would want to take it back... no matter how long it took.

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No one has ever taken American soil by force (for you hair-splitters, I am talking only about the continental US). Panzer Out

View Quote

Except the Canadians who burned the capital in the war of 1812.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does anybody else besides me see something wierd about a "panzersergeant" asking questions about what the Germans are doing?

View Quote

I am actually a panzercorporal; I only impersonate a panzersergeant on the internet because its easy to get away with.[;D]

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one has ever taken American soil by force (for you hair-splitters, I am talking only about the continental US). Panzer Out

View Quote

Except the Canadians who burned the capital in the war of 1812.
View Quote

By taken, I mean captured, occupied, and annexed.

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I am actually a panzercorporal; I only impersonate a panzersergeant on the internet because its easy to get away with.[;D]

Panzer Out

View Quote

Rank has it's priveleges, I suppose!

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Still, think of the repercussions if the Germans were to restore their general staff
View Quote

Then what? It would merely be a label for an agency that most likely exists anyway, but has no money or support whatsoever. That /might/ have been a cause for concern back in the 1950s, when the German generality (and is there such a things a colonelity? ;) in charge of building the Bundeswehr consisted of Wehrmacht generals still in their prime.
But no plans for War would gain any support whatsoever within the German population. Remember? Only a few months back? No matter how much Germany's allies tried to bully and wheedle, there was no support for any invasion of any country for no reason whatsoever.
The generation who lived through the horrors of Stalingrad is still alive, and the ones who didn't survive WW2 are an even more loquatious reminder. Here's another hint: although certainly the Greatest and Bravest Generation ever to live in this country, American forces suffered had about 300,000 KIA in World War 2. Germany lost about 250,000 KIA and POW at the Battle of Stalingrad [i]alone[/i] (of the 91,000 POW taken after the fall of Stalingrad, only 5,000 returned to Germany 12 years later).
After Germany's defeat, it was divided and occupied for almost half a century. Could you imagine that they might have learned the lesson of War being not worth it?

Let's all say it together: Never again is Germany going to wage a war of aggression, no matter how well the "good" reasons for it are presented. And whoever calls Germans and Germany a traitorous ally and a weasel for it can suck dick and look like a dumb-ass screaming chimp. Flinging shit won't help his cause.

The first thing on their agenda would be to recover East Prussia. After that, Alsace Lorraine.
View Quote

Whatever the hell for? If Germany wants it, they can buy it. We're talking about Europe of today, not the Europe of the 18th century. The borders within Europe are open, there is one common currency, one common market, every EU-citizen can work in every EU member country, Eastern European, Asian, North African countries and even Israel standing in line and begging to be admitted. Remember who owns Chrysler, Voicestream ("Guten Tag, choose Deutsche Telekom, or else!  We have ways of making you talk over our lines. Understand, Dummkopf?") , Rolls-Royce, Bugatti, etc etc.
Money talks louder than cannons.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still, think of the repercussions if the Germans were to restore their general staff
View Quote

Then what? It would merely be a label for an agency that most likely exists anyway, but has no money or support whatsoever. That /might/ have been a cause for concern back in the 1950s, when the German generality (and is there such a things a colonelity? ;) in charge of building the Bundeswehr consisted of Wehrmacht generals still in their prime.
But no plans for War would gain any support whatsoever within the German population. Remember? Only a few months back? No matter how much Germany's allies tried to bully and wheedle, there was no support for any invasion of any country for no reason whatsoever.
The generation who lived through the horrors of Stalingrad is still alive, and the ones who didn't survive WW2 are an even more loquatious reminder. Here's another hint: although certainly the Greatest and Bravest Generation ever to live in this country, American forces suffered had about 300,000 KIA in World War 2. Germany lost about 250,000 KIA and POW at the Battle of Stalingrad [i]alone[/i] (of the 91,000 POW taken after the fall of Stalingrad, only 5,000 returned to Germany 12 years later).
After Germany's defeat, it was divided and occupied for almost half a century. Could you imagine that they might have learned the lesson of War being not worth it?

Let's all say it together: Never again is Germany going to wage a war of aggression, no matter how well the "good" reasons for it are presented. And whoever calls Germans and Germany a traitorous ally and a weasel for it can suck dick and look like a dumb-ass screaming chimp. Flinging shit won't help his cause.

The first thing on their agenda would be to recover East Prussia. After that, Alsace Lorraine.
View Quote

Whatever the hell for? If Germany wants it, they can buy it. We're talking about Europe of today, not the Europe of the 18th century. The borders within Europe are open, there is one common currency, one common market, every EU-citizen can work in every EU member country, Eastern European, Asian, North African countries and even Israel standing in line and begging to be admitted. Remember who owns Chrysler, Voicestream ("Guten Tag, choose Deutsche Telekom, or else!  We have ways of making you talk over our lines. Understand, Dummkopf?") , Rolls-Royce, Bugatti, etc etc.
Money talks louder than cannons.
View Quote

Your argument is sound, KAR98 (although I can't make much sense of the last half of your second paragraph[>:/]). You seem to know your history. You also sound like you might be of German heritage. I lived in Germany for seven years when I was in the army... brought back a German car and a German woman... still have both.[;D]

Germany is a stable democracy now, but who knows what it will look like 50 years from now?

Given the history of European politics, the day will come when Germany will once again become a force to be reckoned with. Though dormant now, they are a war-like nation with a history of battle that goes back to the Germanic tribes who fought the Roman Legions. It is in their nature.
[%(]
As far as money goes, all that means is they can afford to buy all the weapons they want.

Hitler did not become dictator by coupe-de-etat.
He first gained a foothold at the ballot box. Enough people voted for his party to give them  the clout necessary in the fractious Reichstag
to eventually convince President Hindenburg to name Hitler chancellor. From there it was an easy step to naming himself Fuhrer.

The most likely scenario in any future conflict involving Germany would be if they had to come to the defense of a former eastern bloc country turned NATO ally fighting annexation into a resurgent USSR. Where it would lead from there is anybody's guess.

Panzer Out

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top