Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 1:21:18 PM EDT
In order to recognize France's efforts to support Saddam Hussein

http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=11266&forum=DCForumID70

There's a cool Bastille Day celebration at a (Danish) restaurant in my town, but they've been doing that for years.  DU is celebrating to laud France's loathesome politics.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to post this everytime I read another one of DU's finets. It heals me and makes my mid laugh instead of going over there and making threats.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11997[/img]

Ahhhhhhh feeling better now.....

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Can I bring along my guillotine? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always observed Bastille Day with a little ritual of my own.

Recognizing that Bastille Day marked of the end of the French Monarchy and the beginning of the First Republic, I felt that as a citizen of the [i]finest[/i] republic, the United States, I was raising our flag as a salute to another revolution against monarchy. [b]"Death  to the Aristos!"[/b]

So for many years, every July 14th, I raised the flag, and then trotted in the house and played Rush's "Bastille Day" [headbang]

Now this year, the DU is tarnishing my little ritual. Phuck Them! [:(!]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top