Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/10/2003 5:32:29 AM EDT
I am not taking about a "shadow person", rod, white streak, cold spot or something lame like that. I am talking a full torso semi-transparent vaporous apparition. you know, like great aunt Lucy floating in the hallway. I have seen two. one occurred in an apartment I was renting. the apartments are located on clear lake Texas and I was sound asleep on the bed when something woke me up. first let me say light bothers me when I sleep so I keep my bedroom pitch black. I will put heavy blankets or black plastic over the windows to block out the light. well I wake up and the room is filled with a soft blue light. and I have the feeling something is in the room with me scares the hell out of me! so I sit bolt upright on the bed and there before me is a no shit glowing light blue semi-vaporous 18 century sea captain. he is dressed in a hat, great coat, pants and white beard and is resting his hands on a glowing railing. he is just standing there like he is on the bow of a ship looking to the horizon. so I look at him for a second and he doesn't notice me. then I do something really stupid and lean forward to touch him. as I lean over the front of the bed the specter moves just out of grasp. I reach way out and fall ass over tea kettle off the bed and onto the floor.[:)] when I do the ghost moves back and disappears into the wall. in over the course of 4 months it came back twice! I stayed in bed both times once turning on the bedside light and once the alarm went off. both "interruptions" made him disappeared. needless to say I didn't renew the apartment lease!... the second incident occurred while we were burring my grandma and it is probably due to stress. I had worked a lot of high stress overtime while my grandma was sick and I knew she would probably not leave the hospital. I should have gone to see her but the whole family was there and you know they needed me at work (the bastards laid me off 2 months later). but anyway when Grandma died I was able to take three days off Friday, Saturday and Sunday and had a long drive to the funeral. I left straight from working a 12hr shift. I slept a few hours on the floor at my aunts house and first thing in the morning we do visitation, church service. then off to the cemetery for the burial. there aren't enough seats so I have to stand in the sun and I am hot and sweaty wearing my black wool suit. the preacher is saying something and I am not paying attention. my mind wanders back to when I was a boy and she had her lake house and would take me finishing and long past summers. kind of like a country time lemonade commercial. my eyes drift over the cemetery and about 30 yards away sitting on one of the grave stones is a ghost that looks like a young lady. her skin is a glowing egg shell white in a summer dress made of pure white light with little indigo blue flowers. she appears to be sitting on a swing (on the tomb stone) because one of her hands is up and looks like it's grasping where the rope would be. and behind her stands a young man who is pure white with egg shell suit pants vest and a fedora. they are amazing but not painful to look at. I know instinctively this is my grandma and grandpa. they look right at me and the young man nods. just then my mom grabs my arm, I look down at her and she gives me the old "pay attention" look. well this is what happened to me. it's exactly as I remember. if you don't believe in ghosts don't make fun. I was not "drinking the bong water". if you think these were demons or something keep your opinions to yourself. there was nothing evil or demonic about either of them. I got the distinct impression the sea captain was on a journey and my grandparents were there to see the funeral. if you have seen a ghost I would like to hear your story.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:42:39 AM EDT
my dads first wife died in the living room... when I was little I thought i saw her but always felt a presence when i was alone... no one believed me... I slept in 3 of the 6 bedrooms in the house. Two of them were above and below each other. They each had a fireplace in them that was bricked in the 1920s to make it short as the years went on...we started to tear down the wallpaper in both of the bedrooms... we noticed a dark stain on the walls of the fireplace.... when you put the stains together in your mind..or looked at the pictures it was the silhouette of a woman in her mid 30's... go figure...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:44:05 AM EDT
One time when I was little we used to live in this old house....I was laying in my bed, and there was this orange glowing person standing in the room next to my bedroom. There was no detail, it was just looked like a rather large man, kind of a glowing orange color. Very hard to describe. I know for sure I was awake, because I hadn't fallen asleep yet and I pinched myself to check. I still don't believe in ghosts though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:48:52 AM EDT
Yes. Three times. Once at sea fishing in the Bering Sea during a storm. It was an evil female apparition and after that trip I never winter fished again. The second time this apparition came to me was in a 25' sailboat during another storm in the Gulf of Alaska. Ten minutes after she left, I saw my dead father below in the galley laughing his ass off at me for being foolish enough to take a small boat across the Gulf. When I saw him, I relaxed because I knew that I was going to come through the ordeal easily. I did, too. If I never say anything serious again on this forum, believe this: The Whore of Death is really Mother Nature in disguise. Trust me on this.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:54:17 AM EDT
Never seen a ghost, felt but never seen. I have, however, seen a demon. Maybe I'll tell that story sometime.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:01:04 AM EDT
A few years ago I was driving down a two lane road in the desert with two of my kids. It had just gotten dark and in the headlights the figures of a man, woman, and two children crossing the road appeared. I hit the brakes and veered to the right to avoid them. They had a sort of white translucent, or smokey look to them. As we got to where they "were", they weren't there any more. Both kids saw them too and asked "where'd they go?" - Darndest thing we've ever seen.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:01:55 AM EDT
I was a skeptic until I was stationed at Fitzsimons Army Medical Center in Aurora, CO. I worked the ER and late at night we would have to make runs to the medical records building to get a record on an emergency patient. The records building was part of the old Fitzsimons hospital and was the TB ward. From what I understand a lot of people suffered and died there. My run in with "something" happened one night when I went to get some medical records for a heart patient. I drove the ambulance over and pressed the "idle" button on the dashboard. The engine rev'ed up like normal. I unlocked door to the building and walked in and turned on a few of the lights and carried a flashlight to help find the record. As I walked down the rows of files I started to hear footsteps and talking. I thought it was old pipes and cats so I ignored it. The sounds grew louder and more frequent and the window blinds began to move, but there was no A/C in the building. At this point I was getting a little scared. I quickly located the record and hauled ass out and locked the door behind me. When I got in the ambulance and hit the "idle" button again, the engine continued to rev up even though my foot was not on the gas and the idle was off. It wouldn't stop revving. I threw the ambulance in drive in hopes to stop the revving and the whole thing lurched forward and died. I looked over to the windows on the records building and saw the blinds separate like someone was looking outside, but I never saw a figure. I eventually got the ambulance restarted and headed back to the ER. I filled out a PMCS form to have the vehicle checked out. Turns out they couldn't find anything wrong with it, or any explanation why it happened. It never happened again with me since. I am sure there is some logical explanation for what I saw and heard, but it seemed pretty genuine to me at the time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:11:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:13:33 AM EDT
Ghosts know better than to mess with me..... t
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:42:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By piccolo: Yes. Three times. Once at sea fishing in the Bering Sea during a storm. It was an evil female apparition and after that trip I never winter fished again. The Whore of Death is really Mother Nature in disguise. Trust me on this.
View Quote
Like to here a bit more about this, imo.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:47:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Tras: Never seen a ghost, felt but never seen. I have, however, seen a demon. Maybe I'll tell that story sometime.
View Quote
Like to hear more on this too......
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:02:42 PM EDT
"Like to hear more on this too...... " ditto -Sandman
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:06:27 PM EDT
More people have seen ghosts than have seen Imbroglio.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:08:56 PM EDT
Once on the Okra Winfree show, she asked the audience, "How many believe in ghosts?" Most raised their hands. She then asks, "How many have seen a ghost?" About 25 raised their hands. She then asked, "Who has had sex with a ghost?" Only one guy raises his hand. She invites him down to the stage. She says, "Where you from?" He says, "Vidor, Texas." She says, "And you had sex with a ghost?" He says, "Ghost? Ah, heck. I thought you said 'goat'".
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:12:50 PM EDT
Speaking of demon stories, remember that one guy who told the story about shooting at the "devil dog" while helping to remove the belongings of a friend from her abusive ex's home? I don't remember who wrote it, but bs or not it gave me the willies. I've posted my stories many times before, including one thread on the pool room (the floor is creaking up there now. I don't know why it does that. Does it all the time, doesn't sound like footsteps, but it's gone from "kinda weird" to "goddamn annoying".). Just the usual stuff, pianos playing, seeing stuff, an ashtray jumping off a table at my mom and aunt, cat ghosts (lots of cat ghosts in the world it seems). More recently, my mother saw our dog Oreo (big friendly dalmation) walking in the living room towards the window while she was going up the steps. Oreo died last year. She was a good dog. You can occasionally feel a warm spot in the places she liked to lay. Also, coming down the steps from the third floor I swear I saw just a shape in the pool room. Might have been something else catching the corner of my eye, but whatever. I don't much care for that room.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:16:23 PM EDT
No.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:17:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Old_Painless: Once on the Okra Winfree show, she asked the audience, "How many believe in ghosts?" Most raised their hands. She then asks, "How many have seen a ghost?" About 25 raised their hands. She then asked, "Who has had sex with a ghost?" Only one guy raises his hand. She invites him down to the stage. She says, "Where you from?" He says, "Vidor, Texas." She says, "And you had sex with a ghost?" He says, "Ghost? Ah, heck. I thought you said 'goat'".
View Quote
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:30:13 PM EDT
one time....at band camp.... -HS
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:32:47 PM EDT
....i see dead people....
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:47:35 PM EDT
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:01:35 PM EDT
schizophrenia
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:02:07 PM EDT
I see'nt a mermaid once does that count? Freshwater lake too! [shock]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:21:30 PM EDT
My math teacher said some ghost can be heard and sometimes seen upstairs in her house, when things are quiet. Never found out if it was true or not
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:16:07 PM EDT
I've had a few ooga-booga moments. There was a spot in upstate NY that I'd drive past once in awhile and I saw a guy right at the edge of the woods. Saw him maybe three times in probably a good hundred trips past the spot. Almost always around dusk or nightfall. One of those "corner of your eye" things - never straight-on and not every time. Nothing special about the guy - white male, maybe about 6'2", simple and homespun-looking clothes. Looked like he was wet, like he was out in the rain for awhile. Just stood and stared at me as I went by. Might have been imagination, but.... Best one so far was when my wife and I first moved to Boulder. I woke up in the middle of the night and felt like there was someone in the room. I cracked my eye just a bit and there was a guy against the far wall. Again, white male, maybe 5'7", thin with very short, black hair - maybe slicked back - and pencil-thin moustache. Formal clothes, which really stuck out in my mind. Looked like something out of a 1920s movie. His arms were folded across his chest and he looked *pissed*. After looking at him for a good 10 seconds and not seeing him move, I actually went so far as to grab for the gun. When I moved, he vanished. Chalked it up to a vivid dream until I mentioned it to the wife. She described him, down to his clothes, before I did. Go figure. Had two experiences that didn't involve apparitions but were, for lack of a better term, just frigging evil. Seriously, I mean it. Once when I was maybe 12 or so, the other when I was 16. I'm not religious at all but, since then, I believe that evil exists as part of us all but can also exist incarnate, independent of humans. Still gives me the heebie-jeebies when I think of it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:17:27 PM EDT
Our 1895 E Texas mansion is very haunted, but not in a bad way. We have 3 or 4 events daily that are inexplicable. Impressions from a head or body on bedspreads, sticky handprints that had to be washed off a mirror, footsteps, glowing lightballs, voices, papers blowing off desks, and many other unexplained phenomenon. Even our Rotties see this stuff, so I know I am not crazy. I live with our ghosts happily, after all, the place was theirs before it was ours. Only the Fundy Xtian town people seem to have a problem with it. They all wonder why we stay. I wonder why they would leave. I like our ghosties. I hope to haunt the place myself someday. I will be the Laundry Ghost, flipping loads of wash into Eternity.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:25:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hannah_Reitsch: Our 1895 E Texas mansion is very haunted, but not in a bad way. We have 3 or 4 events daily that are inexplicable. Impressions from a head or body on bedspreads, sticky handprints that had to be washed off a mirror, footsteps, glowing lightballs, voices, papers blowing off desks, and many other unexplained phenomenon. Even our Rotties see this stuff, so I know I am not crazy. I live with our ghosts happily, after all, the place was theirs before it was ours. Only the Fundy Xtian town people seem to have a problem with it. They all wonder why we stay. I wonder why they would leave. I like our ghosties. I hope to haunt the place myself someday. I will be the Laundry Ghost, flipping loads of wash into Eternity.
View Quote
Ever experiment with your camera, video recorder, thermometers, anything?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:29:07 PM EDT
I never really have seen one but there was one in my grandmother's house. It would open and close doors and move objects around. More than once I have put something down and left the room and turned around and went back and it would be moved across the room. I have heard the steps creaking as if someone were walking on them. This happened while I was standing right there at the bottom of the stairs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:34:55 PM EDT
Not yet, I have no need to prove their existance, but could undoubtedly produce some odd results I am sure, with scientific measurements. The inhabitants of my house are helpful, an illustration: we have a wireless doorbell from our office/service area to the upstairs where we live. On 2 seperate occasions, we have gone upstairs, out of earshot and accidentally left the front door unlocked. Both times, the doorbell has rung 10 times in a row, insistantly, so we ventured down to find out WTF, and found the front door unlocked. They are helpful. They want the place to run smoothly, and have only appeared to guests that inquired about them. Guests have felt a tap on their shoulder at night sometimes, and found no one near them. But only the guests that asked about ghosties. Very odd, but I will keep our ghosties, and I have no doubt they are really there. There are 3 or 4 daily events that convince me. No shit. Really. Come visit. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:42:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KeithC: Had two experiences that didn't involve apparitions but were, for lack of a better term, just frigging evil. Seriously, I mean it. Once when I was maybe 12 or so, the other when I was 16. I'm not religious at all but, since then, I believe that evil exists as part of us all but can also exist incarnate, independent of humans. Still gives me the heebie-jeebies when I think of it.
View Quote
You know, you can't just say stuff like that and leave it go without details. It's like saying "I got one of those camo frame Walther P22's with a same colored gemtech silencer" and then you don't post pics.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 2:51:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hannah_Reitsch: Not yet, I have no need to prove their existance, but could undoubtedly produce some odd results I am sure, with scientific measurements. The inhabitants of my house are helpful, an illustration: we have a wireless doorbell from our office/service area to the upstairs where we live. On 2 seperate occasions, we have gone upstairs, out of earshot and accidentally left the front door unlocked. Both times, the doorbell has rung 10 times in a row, insistantly, so we ventured down to find out WTF, and found the front door unlocked. They are helpful. They want the place to run smoothly, and have only appeared to guests that inquired about them. Guests have felt a tap on their shoulder at night sometimes, and found no one near them. But only the guests that asked about ghosties. Very odd, but I will keep our ghosties, and I have no doubt they are really there. There are 3 or 4 daily events that convince me. No shit. Really. Come visit. [:)]
View Quote
Heck Im just curious enough to like to do that. Could I take some photographs, video, EM Field measurements, sprectral audio recording, IR temp readings? [:D] No apparitions, correct? From years ago when I had some curiosity of ghosts and hauntings, I learned that it is a common belief that humanoid apparitions (full bodied) ghosts can't make physical stuff move. Typically if you cant see it you can hear it and vice-versa. Usually the really nasty hauntings or polterguists do not take to a visual form or apparition. Also hauntings are classified into another two classes (forget the terminology) on whether or not they exhibit intelligence (i.e. respond to stimuli or try to communicate). Many hauntings seem to just be a event or situation that is doomed to be played back over and over. Sounds like your ghosties have some intelligence.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:07:38 PM EDT
Boomholzer, you are more than welcome to come and try to get scientific measurements here. This house should be a VERY likely candidate. Contact through our website, we have an 800# there. [url]www.threeoaks-marshall.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:18:48 PM EDT
When there's somethin strange in the neighborhood, who ya gonna call?.......
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:23:27 PM EDT
dittos TRAS. i have had a couple of what i feel to be demonic encounters at night. i'm currently reading a book by dr. chuck missler called Learn the Bible in 24 Hrs. in it he states "the field of particle physics has totally altered our conceptions of reality. Scientists now tell us that the universe is a digital simulation within a much larger reality and consists of at least 10 dimensions. Some investigators believe that much of what we call paranormal phenomena is simply transdimensional episodes within that larger reality". OOOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOO! pretty cool stuff. i think that with the right atmospheric and ambient conditions many of these phenomenon may be playbacks of events that previously occurred. however, the demonic encounters like TRAS may have encountered i think are very real - extra-dimensional meddling, if you will. missler goes on to say that the scriptures identify this sort of thing in the hyperdimensional conflict between good and evil. pretty wild.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:24:32 PM EDT
dittos TRAS. i have had a couple of what i feel to be demonic encounters at night. i'm currently reading a book by dr. chuck missler called Learn the Bible in 24 Hrs. in it he states "the field of particle physics has totally altered our conceptions of reality. Scientists now tell us that the universe is a digital simulation within a much larger reality and consists of at least 10 dimensions. Some investigators believe that much of what we call paranormal phenomena is simply transdimensional episodes within that larger reality". OOOOOOOOWEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOO! pretty cool stuff. i think that with the right atmospheric and ambient conditions many of these phenomenon may be playbacks of events that previously occurred. however, the demonic encounters like TRAS may have encountered i think are very real - extra-dimensional meddling, if you will. missler goes on to say that the scriptures identify this sort of thing in the hyperdimensional conflict between good and evil. pretty wild.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:27:28 PM EDT
Aren`t ghosts deleted programs in the Matrix?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:34:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hannah_Reitsch: Boomholzer, you are more than welcome to come and try to get scientific measurements here. This house should be a VERY likely candidate. Contact through our website, we have an 800# there. [url]www.threeoaks-marshall.com[/url]
View Quote
Thanks for the invite! Ill try to schedule and bring the lady for a night. I always wanted to check out a real haunted house. The "professional" ghost nutjobs will have several cameras in different areas that start recording/photographing after a stimulus such as sudden temp change, EM spike, noise, etc. The "orbs" and thermal stuff to me is BS. Even the spectral analysis garbage can be interesting but doesn't have much weight. Some even claim that IR goggles help to see ghosts.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:48:08 PM EDT
Yesterday i was wondering if my pickup was haunted. three times I went out to it and found the door open. It drove me nuts. I was wondering if it WAS a ghost or that maybe I was losing it. Thday, I discovered the latch was loose so I tightened it.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:50:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By piccolo: Yesterday i was wondering if my pickup was haunted. three times I went out to it and found the door open. It drove me nuts. I was wondering if it WAS a ghost or that maybe I was losing it. Thday, I discovered the latch was loose so I tightened it.[:D]
View Quote
Your pretty handy for a blind guy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:50:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rosokill:
Originally Posted By Old_Painless: Once on the Okra Winfree show, she asked the audience, "How many believe in ghosts?" Most raised their hands. She then asks, "How many have seen a ghost?" About 25 raised their hands. She then asked, "Who has had sex with a ghost?" Only one guy raises his hand. She invites him down to the stage. She says, "Where you from?" He says, "Vidor, Texas." She says, "And you had sex with a ghost?" He says, "Ghost? Ah, heck. I thought you said 'goat'".
View Quote
[LOLabove]
View Quote
Years ago, I probably would have done the same thing. Besides being twisted, I can be damned deadpan.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:59:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spade: You know, you can't just say stuff like that and leave it go without details. It's like saying "I got one of those camo frame Walther P22's with a same colored gemtech silencer" and then you don't post pics.
View Quote
Alright, but it isn't anything beyond gut feelings. No big devils leaping out or anything. When I was pre-teens, my oldest brother moved to Vermont (we all lived in NY at the time). We drove up to visit him and his family in their first house, this little ranch style with a detatched garage. I hated it from the first moment I stepped foot in it - no reason, I just always felt creeped out and paranoid whenever I was left alone. No one else had a problem with it, so I stopped complaining and just dealt with it. A few nights later, everyone was crashed on the floors - this is only significant to the story because it made headcount easy - and I zonked. Had the most vivid and terrifying dreams - always something vaguely demonic, always involving being run to ground by something dark - and kept waking up in a sweat. Felt like half the night but it was usually only an hour or so each time. I woke from the last nightmare, wherein I'd been praying to make "it" go away, to a deep male voice telling me "Prayers won't help." Clear as a bell. So, there I am, a short, fat, little geek, covered in sweat in the middle of the night... and the freaking basement door slowly drifted opened. I was looking right at it and it was still open in the morning. No one was unaccounted for when it opened. I have no idea why it happened but I refused to be alone in that house again after that and never visited again until he moved. Scared the shit out of me. The second time was as a teenager, back in the Bronx. Just hanging out with my girlfriend (now my wife, btw) one summer night and we just both got really quite and creeped. Almost depressed. There wasn't a "magic moment" but we noticed that people were just acting kind of oddly (even for the Bronx). Distracted, aimless, lots of folks just sort of clearing out. Then we just felt panicked. *Really* panicked. No reason for it, either, just a little unfounded mass-hysteria. So, following this little lead-in, we noticed that there wasn't any wind, there wasn't a single frigging bird in the sky and even traffic had pretty much become nonexistent. Sort of a "Devil's Advocate" moment, but about a decade before the movie. The whole frigging sky suddenly went *very* dark and we just bolted. Please keep in mind, we've bolted about 3 times in 17 years. Just took off and ran into my building. About 5 minutes later, the whole thing blew over. Literally. Actually saw the darkness pass over, like a huge-assed storm cloud. Felt better almost immediately. So... maybe it *was* some sort of weird micro-burst/storm cloud/weather thing. Maybe a sudden drop in barometric pressure weirded us - and everyone else - out or something. I don't know. I just felt like a rabbit in a hawk's shadow (read that somewhere & it fits well). It just felt malicious and dangerous and huge. Yikes. Okay, I'm gonna go rent a Disney movie or something and load all the guns. Blech.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:22:28 PM EDT
Maybe getting off topic, but I think I saw a ghost pickup truck once. Me and friend were taking a road trip up to Glacier National Park in Montana one summer. We were driving through eastern Montana on the way to Jordan on this back country secondary highway. If you been in the area, you will know that there is nothing and nobody around for miles. Rarely ever pass a vehicle coming the other way, and very rarely have a vehicle come up on you from behind. If you do, generally it's because they are driving pretty fast and tend to pass you up right away and disappear into the horizon. So anyway, we are on this two lane highway, middle of the day, out in the middle of nowhere, fairly flat range land as far as you can see in every direction, when this red pickup pulls up behind us. The pickup stays far back enough that I can't see a driver and it has no license plate on the front. Anyway this pickup continues to follow behind us for the next half hour or so, never trying to pass us up or nothing. At the time I think it is kind of odd but don't think too much about it. Well after some time, we get stuck behind this propane truck that is weaving back and forth across the road, making it extremely hard to pass him up. We finally get a window and I slam on the gas, at which point my accelerator pedal gets stuck in full throttle. So now I am trying to pass this crazy propane truck driver and at the same time reach down and manual pull the accelerator pedal back up while moving some 80 mph in my little toyota tercel. We get around the truck, I get the pedal pulled back up and look in the rear view mirror and see that the red pickup had passed up the propane truck too and is still following us. At this point, I am a little unsettled, we are out in the middle of nowhere, possibly narrowly avoided an accident and that damn red pickup is still just merrily following us along. At this point I am checking the rear view mirror every 15 to 30 seconds. Then it happens, one second I look in my rear view mirror and the pickup is there, and not more than maybe 15 seconds later I look in my mirror again and its gone, disappeared. I turn around and scan the country in every direction and no sign of the pickup anywhere. Like I said, it's fairly flat and you can see for at least 20 miles in every direction. There is no pickup, no dust cloud from him driving off road, nothing. About 10 minutes later we pull into Jordan and both me and my friend are sort of freaked out. I end up popping the hood and find out why the accelerator pedal stuck, some cable got wedged between the trottle cam and carburator. Never did figure out, though, how that pickup just disappeared.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:43:15 PM EDT
15 seconds is a LONG time. maybe it just turned off the road.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:46:18 PM EDT
only at Disneyland in the Haunted Mansion [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:55:39 PM EDT
No ghosts that I remember, but I've seen quite a few demons. A '57 Chevy drove right through my bedroom one night, two other people saw it. Really strange.......
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:18:54 PM EDT
When I was a kid of about 10, my parents owned a house in Portland, Or. It was 2 stories with a basement. Up stairs there were 2 bedrooms. One was really huge. It was as big as three rooms today would be. 2 of my sisters, my younger brother and myself slept there. My parents slept in the other room upstairs. At night there was always some type of noise. And with up to 8 kids and their families it was hard to tell where it came from. But one night, it sounded like someone was walking around my bedroom. I slowly opened my eyes and of course nothing was there. Yet I pulled the covers up a little higher on my shoulder and rolled over. I then heard the walking again. This time I just figured it was one of my sisters going to the bathroom, and ignored it. Then a hand rested on my shoulder. Still thinking it was one of my sisters (since I was looking at my brother), I rolled over and asked what they wanted. Staring down at me was an old man that looked to be in his 90's. He was leaning down towards me and reaching towards me again with his right hand. I could see right through him, and yet I could see the detail in his face (and still can 30 years later). He had long stringy white hair, his teeth were broken. I could not scream nor move. Then he touched me again. And that released me. I jumped straight out of bed (and I believe, right through him), and ran to my parents room. Yes I cried like a baby and everything else I could think of to let them let me stay the night. Sometime later, I had done something to tick of one of my older sisters (I have 5). So she put me on the stairs and locked the door. As I was sitting there feeling sorry for myself I started hearing footsteps coming from the top floor. I tried opening the door, but it was locked solid. The footsteps were at the top of the steps now. I was beating on the door, pleadin for someone to open the door. No one came. The footsteps were amost to the landing. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs now. Nothing. I hear a footstep just behind me. I turn and look. I see a hand on the railing. I can't take it. I backup a couple of steps and jump at the door. The door flies open. I run into the livingroom. I scream at everyone there. Asking why they didn't come to help me? Everyone said they had not heard anything. I never went anyplace in that house by myself after that. Also 2 months later my father sold it. ED
Top Top