Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/9/2003 9:29:33 PM EDT
I have never really been into revolvers, but the silver guns that Doc Holiday carried in the movie [i]Tombstone[/i] were down right awesome looking. Does any one know the name of these pistols and where you can find a decent price on a simlar model made today? I'm not really looking for an antique piece, but a shooters gun. - Matt
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:39:45 PM EDT
Sorry I can't help but I need to comment here. With a username like that, you've never been into revolvers? I actually here that from a number of people. Then I watch them scurry around the range picking up their brass.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:42:27 PM EDT
go to CDNN investments I think they had a revolver sale, old single actions that is.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:46:50 PM EDT
I believe that Holiday carried a Single Action Army and a Double Action Colt Lighting. Also what Kilmer carried. You should be able to find a repro of the SAA, but as far as the Colt Lighting, I don't know of anyone making it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 9:53:44 PM EDT by Kar98]
Along with dozens of Colts and Spencers and Sharps, there were five 1876 Winchesters in .45-60, three in the hands of Johnny Ringo, Breckenridge and Sherm McMasters. Cowboy gang member Pony Deal carried a 28 shot Evans rifle made by Evans of Maine in the early 1870's. Wyatt Earp of course had his 10 inch Colt buntline and the three-triggered double-barreled 10ga., and Doc's gun was a Colt 1873, backed-up by a Remington .41RF derringer. However Doc's primary handgun was an early Colt Navy conversion from a percussion arm to a cartridge firing weapon. It was in .38CF using Model 1851 parts. It was nickel plated and had ivory grips.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:57:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kar98: Along with dozens of Colts and Spencers and Sharps, there were five 1876 Winchesters in .45-60, three in the hands of Johnny Ringo, Breckenridge and Sherm McMasters. Cowboy gang member Pony Deal carried a 28 shot Evans rifle made by Evans of Maine in the early 1870's. Wyatt Earp of course had his 10 inch Colt buntline and the three-triggered double-barreled 10ga., and Doc's gun was a Colt 1873, backed-up by a Remington .41RF derringer. However Doc's primary handgun was an early Colt Navy conversion from a percussion arm to a cartridge firing weapon. It was in .38CF using Model 1851 parts. It was nickel plated and had ivory grips.
View Quote
[shock] Nice
Top Top