Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 12:25:29 PM EDT
As you know I have been on a fitness regimen running 3-4 days a week, exercising, etc. I satrted last fall about 248-250lbs@ 6'4". I'm down to 220# now, been there for about 6 weeks. I have stopped losing any weight. I am losing fat because my clothes are getting looser. What gives? My wife says my calfs are bigger as well as my thighs but I can't tell. Also my resting heart rate was 78bpm on average before I started, I'm at 58bpm now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Muscle weighs more than fat.  Lose fat, add muscle, get smaller, but stay a little heavy.  Good trade off if you ask me!  

220lb at 6'4" doesn't sound too bad, but it might just be where your frame wants the rest of your body to be.  I'm 6'1" and 185 or so (not the best shape), so if you figure about 10lb per inch, you should be right about right.  (I could be wrong)

Sounds like your reduced heartrate is a good thing, too.  Keep it up!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
keep it up, You may have just hit a plateau....or the amount of fat you are shedding is proportional to your muscle gains.

great progress....I should do the same...

-HS
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
'Roids teld to do that to people.

Just say no![stick]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Congrats!

Your body is turning into a "more efficient machine" instead of an old slug. You've broken over onto the other side and starting putting on muscle and leaning out instead of just leaning out!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of us will lose fat and gain weight at the same time. Don't pay any attention to the scale. If you are stronger, your clothes are lose, and your resting pulse is way down you are obviously doing good. A mirror (or in your case - a wife) can tell you how you're doing better than a scale can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top