Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 9:26:48 AM EDT
[b]Nariyah Al Sabah refutes this.[/b]

[url=www.itv.com/news/267953.html]Bin Laden 'shunned' Saddam link-up[/url]
17.27PM BST, 9 Jun 2003

Osama bin Laden rejected proposals to plot joint terror attacks with Saddam Hussein's regime, two captured al-Qaeda leaders have told CIA interrogators.

Bin Laden vetoed the suggestion because he did not want to be indebted to the Iraqi leader, according to al-Qaeda planner and recruiter Abu Zubaydah, who was seized last March.

Another al-Qaeda leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the group's head of operations before he was captured in Pakistan earlier this year, also claimed that the terrorist network did not work with Iraq, US officials said.

Washington frequently cited alleged links between al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein's regime as a justification for the war on Iraq.

President George Bush warned several times of the dire consequences of the terror network getting hold of weapons of mass destruction from Iraq.

US forces have not discovered any firm evidence of joint operations by Iraq and al-Qaeda, or any proof of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, in the two months since the war ended.

Zubaydah's debriefing report was circulated within the US intelligence community last year, but his statements were not made public by the Bush administration when discussing alleged ties between Iraq and al-Qaeda, senior American officials said.

"This gets to the serious question of to what extent did they try to align the facts with the conclusions that they wanted," one intelligence official said.

"Things pointing in one direction were given a lot of weight, and other things were discounted."

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:33:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I just heard the President on Fox say there was a link and gave the name of a guy who was captured.  

NY newspaper reports are becoming more unreliable everyday.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Since when where they reliable?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
You know what's amazing to me?  If 'Brog had read a British TV news blurb about how the US needs more gun control, it would piss him off and he obviously wouldn't believe it.
But ANY source, no matter how left wing or anti-American, that produces a story that bashes Bush he will accept without question.
Hypocricy, thy name is Imbroglio.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Since when did we starting taking the words of Al Qaida operatives as the truth? These detainees have never done anything besides feed us bullshit. So why should we believe them now? I guess it's ok to believe our enemies, terrorists hell bent on our destruction, but not our own administration? I guess the news is just kinda slow and boring and now these folks just need something to do to attempt attracting sheeple viewers. If it comes to believing old Al Zu-whatever or Bush, I'll believe Bush.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
"Mahmoud, if you get captured, don't tell them Saddam let us put his WMD at our Club House in Syria, OK? Tell them we thought he was a dweeb or something. Yeah dats a good one! I mean he kinda is. God I hate having to play D&D with him in his palace. Those paintings are so trashy. The mans a billionare for Allah's sake can't he get some hookers? He's on the other line, I told him you were Osama. Yeah he's soooo dumb."
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]Reality has shunned Imbroglio[/b]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[b]Nariyah Al Sabah refutes this.[/b]
[url=www.itv.com/news/267953.html]Bin Laden 'shunned' Saddam link-up[/url]
17.27PM BST, 9 Jun 2003
Osama bin Laden rejected proposals to plot joint terror attacks with Saddam Hussein's regime, two captured al-Qaeda leaders have tod CIA interrogators.
Bin Laden vetoed the suggestion because he did not want to be indebted to the Iraqi leader, according to al-Qaeda planner and recruiter Abu Zubaydah, who was seized last March.
Another al-Qaeda leader, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the group's head of operations before he was captured in Pakistan earlier this year, also claimed that the terrorist network did not work with Iraq, US officials said.
Washington frequently cited alleged links between al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein's regime as a justification for the war on Iraq.
President George Bush warned several times of the dire consequences of the terror network getting hold of weapons of mass destruction from Iraq.
US forces have not discovered any firm evidence of joint operations by Iraq and al-Qaeda, or any proof of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, in the two months since the war ended.
Zubaydah's debriefing report was circulated within the US intelligence community last year, but his statements were not made public by the Bush administration when discussing alleged ties between Iraq and al-Qaeda, senior American officials said.
"This gets to the serious question of to what extent did they try to align the facts with the conclusions that they wanted," one intelligence official said.
"Things pointing in one direction were given a lot of weight, and other things were discounted."
View Quote
WGAF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top