Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2003 5:44:46 PM EDT
My day at the Rock Quarry.

I met up with Pthfndr and his friend around 9:30  We drove deep into the National Forrest till we got to the old Rock Quarry.  It was a nice sunny day and we had many firearms to try out.  The Quarry has a nice natural fire line and rock/dirt backdrop about 75 yards out.  A great place to spend a Sunday afternoon.  I set up my special target, an old shovel head with a broken handle, about 50 yards out..  I was plinking at it with my AR15 in .22LR with an old SP1 upper and Ceiner .22LR conversion kit.

After empting 10 rounds Pthfndr inturupeded me.  He pointed out what he thought was a squirrel on a rock a few feet behind the shovel.  I looked thru the binoculars and say a small 1" wide x 1/2" height shape on a whitened rock.  "To small to be a squirrel", I stated.  So I knealt down one my left knee; steadied my rear foot.  With my focus one the 35y.o. old SP1 front sight, I swept the target and squeezed........

[red][i][b]CRACK!!!![/i][/b][/red]

[i]Flip...[/i]

"Well....whatever it was you nailed it Sgtar15!!!!" stated Mr Pthfndr.

So we went over to the scene of the crime.  And there we found a small 3" long lizard with a front right clean neck shoot!!  By bullet entry he must have been standing on his front legs looking at me when I nailed him.

One of my best shots by far.  A 35y.o. barrel, Remington .22LR @ 50+yards using A1 iron sights!!  Kneeling!!  With a bad back!!

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  Good times...good times

Sgt[sniper2]ar15
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
good shooting, but............
[red][b][size=6]WHERE'S THE DAMNED PICTURES?[/SIZE=6][/b][/red]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Just a luck shot.....[naughty]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW..   Are you aware that the subject of your carnage is a federally protected species?

Rumor has it that some of the "EX-DFW Crew" have already reported you to PETA and the proper authorities.

Please send me all of your guns for safekeeping during your incarceration!

[:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  [:D]  
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought maybe you were in prison.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a [b]GREAT[/b] shot!

My fault there are no pics. I took the camera along. We walked out, turned on the camera, zoomed in, pushed the button and ... NOTHING. The friggin battery went dead!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My fault there are no pics. I took the camera along. We walked out, turned on the camera, zoomed in, pushed the button and ... NOTHING. The friggin battery went dead!
View Quote

DOH!!! I hate it when that happens.  I'm waiting for GG&G to come out with a nifty spare battery holder for my little Canon.[:D]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

DOH!!! I hate it when that happens.  I'm waiting for GG&G to come out with a nifty spare battery holder for my little Canon.[:D]

CHRIS
View Quote

Actually, GG&G makes a vertical foregrip that has a supposedly waterproof compartment for batteries or whatever.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, is it NOT illegal to have a gun in a National Forrest? (And if not, where would I have gotten that from?)
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I sure hope not John, it's a great place to shoot.

SGtar`15
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Okay, is it NOT illegal to have a gun in a National Forrest? (And if not, where would I have gotten that from?)
View Quote

Most National Forests are ok. National Parks and National Monuments, and some BLM lands, are no go for casual shooting.

In the El Dorado National Forest - here in [b]CALIFORNIA[/b] it is perfectly legal. And I have that in writing from the USNFS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top