Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 3:54:17 PM EDT
Good God almighty...I just saw her on ESPN get beat by the [b]little[/b] Belgian chick...Serena must be 5'11" 160 lbs.

Thats a man baby!!

The little Belgian must be 5' 2" and a 100lbs.

Is this fair? Maybe they should have a weight division in women's tennis...or even an Adam's apple check. Just the picture of those two shaking hands..freaked me out. Those Williams girls are big...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You better hope not...

If she is a man, this means that women can compete equally with men at a high level in sports.

A lot of people here would be most upset at that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]Is Serena Williams a man?[/b]

Not that I am aware of.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I dunno but [strike]s[/strike]he's a poor sport.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this her?
Doesn't look like a dude to me. [BD]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13366[/img]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was lousy the French crowd was heckling her, and thought it was so weird.  But I found out why they did it.

[b]Williams certainly did not endear herself to Paris with the comments she made in March after winning the Nasdaq-100 Open in Miami.

Asked about anti-French feeling in the United States, a snickering Williams mimicked a French accent and said: "Well, we don't want to play in the war. We want to make clothes. We don't want the war."

The intense jeers could have simply been Serena paying the price of her ill-advised joke.[/b]

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/2968154.stm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just a big ol collard green eatin girl!
Nothing wrong there!
View Quote

Darn skippy!  If only she'd dress up as WonderWoman/Xena... ...hmmmm, amazons, hmmm....
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually her sister is like 6-2,very defined,but still proportioned well.

Serena on the other hand is built like a frickin gorilla.

Squat,big ass cheeks and hams.Large defined shoulders and cut arms.

She is definatly in a whole different catagory that most of those lithe little european girls.

Actually most all of those tennis babes have real strong thighs and hams[naughty]but Serena is big and wide.

I have a feeling that if she wasn't playing tennis every day ,she'd be one big girl.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
She reminds me of the kind of girls that Robert Crumb draws.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you say STEROIDS!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I think she's a very beautiful woman.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
She reminds me of the kind of girls that Robert Crumb draws.
View Quote

Like this? [:P]
[img]http://www.bowendesigns.com/Images/Crumb_1_Statue.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.crumbmuseum.com/ns6.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can you say STEROIDS!!!!
View Quote

Exactly!! these two chicks are fully pumped with enough Sostinol, Testosterone and Bovine Growth Hormone to make any mans dick fall off
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I would
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd hit it........inbounds the grass court!

SGtar15

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep...she's big.

No racial prejudice, no name-calling, point is...she's as big as a man. Hell, she's bigger than Agassi.

It just "looks" one-sided to me. It's a wonder they ever lose...it's not a wonder why noone watches them play. They're just a little too "athletic" to be playing much smaller women with less strength and reach.

It's just odd to me...no biggie.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#17]
KD Lang has an Adam's apple.

Clear in most of her(?) pics.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]
This is better.

[img]www.jelena-dokic.com/photos/gallery10/946.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#19]
The hottest tennis chicks are Martina Hingis and Anna Kournikova.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah..Where is Hingis these days???
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't seen her in ages but every time she steps onto the court she looks good!  I'll look it up.

Sometimes it looks more like she's going out for a night on the town than playing tennis.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

She had a string of injuries & retired. Monica Seles is also on the cusp of retiring. I know I'm crazy but I think Seles is a babe.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:54:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just a big ol collard green eatin girl!
View Quote

[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:06:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would
View Quote

[@:D]  [>:/]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

She had a string of injuries & retired. Monica Seles is also on the cusp of retiring. I know I'm crazy but I think Seles is a babe.
View Quote

Yep. Persistend foot/ankle injuries....probably one of the worst kind to get as a tennis player. No great loss for me....was it a French Open a few years ago, when she just bawled like a little girl after losing? Lost pretty much all respect for Hingis after that.

And you are not crazy. Seles IS a babe. She looks better in RL than on TV/the court.

Quoted:
It just "looks" one-sided to me. It's a wonder they ever lose...it's not a wonder why noone watches them play. They're just a little too "athletic" to be playing much smaller women with less strength and reach.
View Quote

The reason they're starting to lose is also the reason I get very bored seeing them play (sat through two williams/williams finals at the US Open. Argh). They are extremely athletic, yes....but they really are sorely lacking in strategy and skill. They, Serena moreso than Venus, rely on brute force and simply overspinning and overpowering their opponents to win. What's happening is that we are starting to see some players get to a physical position where they can 'keep up with the Williamses', and they're using a more strategic approach, pushing against the Williams' weaknesses.

I get a lot of flack for my dislike of the Williams sisters, for the obvious reasons. The fact is, I just don't think they're very skilled tennis players. I so wished one of them would take up Johnnie Mac's challenge, as he'd wipe the floor with them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:00:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I thought it was lousy the French crowd was heckling her, and thought it was so weird.  But I found out why they did it.

[b]Williams certainly did not endear herself to Paris with the comments she made in March after winning the Nasdaq-100 Open in Miami.

Asked about anti-French feeling in the United States, a snickering Williams mimicked a French accent and said: "Well, we don't want to play in the war. We want to make clothes. We don't want the war."

The intense jeers could have simply been Serena paying the price of her ill-advised joke.[/b]

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/2968154.stm[/url]
View Quote
Not an ill-advised joke, actually pretty funny and accurate.

Fuck the French and anyone who defends them.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#27]
"too athletic"....thats pretty funny. I think some people dont like them because theyre not the right shade which is pretty sad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top