Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 1:02:11 PM EDT
Really been eating it in a very limited capcity as of late.  Since Xmas I've had maybe 4 dishes with beef.  Been eating fish mostly, salmon to be exact.  I love seafood.  

I like the health benefits fish offers and the lower fat content.  Beef tends to lay in my stomach for hours where fish feels filling but light.

What say all of you?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I love seafood but I got a have my red meat but I've been picky about what it is I eat. I don't like eating ground beef in placeslike taco bell or hambugers at fast food restraunts.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No wonder Cowboyin ain't paying.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It is also a good idea if you are in the least bit concerned about the environment ....the cattle industry is responsible for the loss of a lot of land due to desertification from it's grazing practices...

Before I get accused of being a hippie , let me just say that I do in fact eat beef , but try to keep it to a minimum...

There are health  benefits as well....

t
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Have you felt better since cutting out the beef?

If you feel better not consuming beef then carry on.

I have considered lowering my beef/red meat intake. At least for a short experiment to see what happens.

But I can't resist a nice medium rare steak!

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No wonder Cowboyin ain't paying.
View Quote

What about a Catfish farm?

Or, if it would make you feel better, Dogfish.
I know how cowboys, like to punch them doggies. [lol]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is also a good idea if you are in the least bit concerned about the environment ....the cattle industry is responsible for the loss of a lot of land due to desertification from it's grazing practices...

Before I get accused of being a hippie , let me just say that I do in fact eat beef , but try to keep it to a minimum...

There are health  benefits as well....

t
View Quote

I believe the "environmental Impacts" were debunked in the Vegitarian post last week, IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually quit redmeat for 6 months.....then I was tempted by the almighty PRIME RIB....damn I love red meat
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah, another sucker to the PETA adverts.  Beef is NOT the problem.  My grandfathers lived until their 90's eating beefsteak blood-rare, covering their plates and thick.  (damn, getting hungry now)

Good, ranch raised beef is best.  Grandpa used to let the calves range until a month before slaughter.  He penned the calf up a month before slaughter.  Tender, LOW FAT and the best flavor.  

I eat beef.  Lots of beef.  I am just like my grandfathers, skinny and tall, able to walk forever, run like the wind and do other near-superhuman stuff.

The fat people want to blame something and those cute cattle need to be saved...RIGHT!  They are raised for FOOD!!!

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're going to give up red meat, you need to do it properly.  "I'm a vegan.  All you meat eaters are wrong!  Cows are smart; fish are dumb.  I am not anemic!"  All in good fun, of course.

Quoted:
...the cattle industry is responsible for the loss of a lot of land due to desertification from it's grazing practices...
View Quote

OK, I'll bite.  Where?  Am I to understand that the cattle industry is driving itself out of business?  Why didn't all the buffalo that used to roam cause the same problems?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I love beef.  I find it very tastey.  I also believe that the human species was ment to be a preditor.  Our eyes are facing forward.  How many non preditory creatures have eyes facing forward?  We were designed to eat meat.  Also all I have to do is think about the steak I had a few months ago at this private club that I could never afford and I could never give up the possibility of having another steak like that.  Damn best tasting thing I have ever ate in my life.  This place was in the Bank of America building in Tulsa OK and it was FREE.  Boy that made it taste even better.   I need to learn how that chef cooked that steak and the cut and how long it was aged.  OMG I am drueling.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
and right after the report on fish feeling pain came out....................you barbarian!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can only fear what a fish only poo smells like
View Quote

Probably just like cat shit.  Mmmmm.  My dogs act like it's almond roca.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay I am gonna admit it ....I messed up  , my original post was made with things I learned in College as the basis .... I should have known better than to make an assertion about something (desertification) without either being an expert or having facts and figures to back it all up....

oops

t
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#15]
college huh?  well, you're forgive since you realized your mistake, because the source explains it.....................

hell, i went to school in kingsville tx for an ag degree and STILL came across bunny huggers bent on converting me to stupidity in my required basic classes

for example:  southwest borderland studies (curriculum based on informing students as to how evil america is to her neighbor mexico)

enlish: rhetoric and composition (oh, it was english alright, but that didnt stop the teacher from making horseshit remarks every day about something off the wall)

etc...............
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I love beef, within the last 7 days so far Ive
eaten beef with four meals:

Friday: sweet & sour pork with fried rice & fried chicken leg ,thigh
Thur: ground beef patty
Weds: Rib eye steak
Tues: grilled chicken
Mon: sticky rice in leaf wrapper with pork
Sun: BBQ tri-tip
Sat: Beef stew with tendons with noodles & soup
[beer]

I eat beef about half the time, the other half
is usually chicken or pork or fish, I plan on
cooking corned beef brisket & cabbage for the next meal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#17]
i cant remember what i ate for lunch today, much less the menu for the week, but just off the top of my head..............

shish ka-bobs
chicken fried steak
fried chicken
fajitas
hamburger

all in the past week, theres more but who knows what.  whats weird is when i DONT eat meat at a meal
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Have you ever tried weasel?

It's the other yellow meat.[:P]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a rare 18 oz T-Bone on Sunday and a rare 16 oz Porterhouse on Wednesday.  Steer taste too good to give up.  I drink a fiber/water shake a couple times a week to help keep my system clean.  Not enough veggies in my diet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Dont deny your carnivore roots.  Forward facing eyes and canine teeth exist only in animals designed to hunt and rip flesh from bone.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I always thought venison tasted better than beef==though I've eaten some prime ribeye that made me wonder...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I enjoy salmon the best and recently learned the additives of farmed salmon mess with the eyes
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Our eyes are facing forward.  How many non preditory creatures have eyes facing forward?  We were designed to eat meat.
View Quote

Quoted:
Dont deny your carnivore roots.  Forward facing eyes and canine teeth exist only in animals designed to hunt and rip flesh from bone.
View Quote

Gorillas
Pandas
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#24]
While you're at it, buy some birkinstocks and go to a ANTI BUSH PROTEST, [:K]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I love eating a great steak but I am really beginning to think the low grade stuff ( taco bell and other fast foods) are really giving me fits with my stomach. I love filet mignion-misspelled
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Giving up beef?  HOMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top