Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 11:50:25 AM EDT
Just on Fox news that a man in D.C. was arrested for having unregistered shotgun shells. What the hell is this?

Edit to add he is same one with gas tank strapped to roof of car.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF???

ARe you sure you heard that right??

SGtar15
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
All firearms have to be registered in DC, and you can only possess ammo for a firearm that is registered to you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Right.  Just like every 4th of July, there would be someone throwing big flash-bangs into the monument reflecting pool.  You know, the same one Forrest Gump and Jenny waded into...

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard it too! I even counted how many times the archorman said it. He said it four times.
They were "unregistered shotgun shells"
There was a suspicious van or something around DC with propane on the roof rack or something.
But, yes the anchor made it a point to say unregistered shotgun shells were found in the car/van.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry I was just leaving when this hit Fox News and I had to leave.
Vehicle seen driving in D.C. with a gas tank strapped to the roof of his vechicle. When stopped he was uncooperative and unfriendly. Shotgun shells were found and the explosives dogs were brought in. After the dogs hit on the vehicle 3 times, the driver weas arrested for having unregistered ammo and the bomb squad was called in.

Just got back so I don't what happened after that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
registered guns..unregistered ammo? Man I'm glad I don't live in D.C. and Mass. and Cali. and Maryland. I'm glad I live in the South, where common sense is the golden rule most of the time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm glad I live in the South, where common sense is the golden rule most of the time.
View Quote

Not just in the south. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]
And here we all blame CA for being the trendsetter for $hit gun law.  In reality, they get these stupid ideas from DC.

Who made these rules in DC?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#9]
WTF, Is this true !
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#10]
[Pete from Brother where art thou]
That don't make NO sense!
[/Pete from Brother where art thou]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I hardly ever drive into the District any more...too worried that I'll have forgotten someting in the trunk...there's almost always ammo of some variety rolling around in there.  I'm glad I read this thread, though, 'cos I know I've been down there with ammo before.  I always make sure the guns are out of the car, but never gave the ammo any thought.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[Pete from Brother where art thou]
That don't make NO sense!
[/Pete from Brother where art thou]
View Quote

[b]That's correct, it makes no sense.  My best friend works for the Secret Service at the White House, and says they jack people up all the time for "unregistered ammo."  I asked him how one goes about "registering ammo" in DC, and he said you can't.  It's their little loop whole.  Nobody except for LE can carry in DC, so you've really got no point in needing ammo their.  Just sucks if you get stopped, and forgot to remove your ammo from you car if you had any.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm glad I live in the South, where common sense is the golden rule most of the time.
View Quote

Not just in the south. [:D]
View Quote

As long as your not in Seattle.

North Bend  here
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The seat of our Federal government is exactly like Mexico.  Isn't THAT comforting?!?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top