Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 8:28:07 PM EDT
How about it guys, how many pro-lifers are out there killing babies with birth-control pills?
It takes 5 or so days from fertilization until the "preembryo" begins implantation into the uterine wall.  All during these 5 days after fertilization, the zygote has been dividing, creating a life.

Or have you conveniently decided that life doesn't begin until the preembryo has been implanted?

If you are on the pill, then you must also be alright with RU-486, used as an aftersex prevention.  After all, fertilization takes up to 24 hours.  Implantation takes 8 to 14 days.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#1]
man your looking at getting something started here huh. This is a vary touchy subject to be throwing around here on this board. And anyway each person will have his (or hers) own opinion. sorry man but I'll stay clear of this one. good luck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
pull out

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Bible thumping anti women's rights [:K] alert!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How about it guys, how many pro-lifers are out there killing babies with birth-control pills?
It takes 5 or so days from fertilization until the "preembryo" begins implantation into the uterine wall.  All during these 5 days after fertilization, the zygote has been dividing, creating a life.

Or have you conveniently decided that life doesn't begin until the preembryo has been implanted?

If you are on the pill, then you must also be alright with RU-486, used as an aftersex prevention.  After all, fertilization takes up to 24 hours.  Implantation takes 8 to 14 days.
View Quote

A hundred bucks says you are a man.  Did you know that 100% of people taking the pill are women?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF are you talkin' about? I think you have some of your classifications ie Pro Lifers sorta vague there buddy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bible thumping anti women's rights [:K] alert!
View Quote

reading comprehension down a bit there jackass?

he's taking a jab at the pro life side

he's one of you
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A hundred bucks says you are a man.  Did you know that 100% of people taking the pill are women?
View Quote

You have a point?  Since you didn't make it, I'll have to guess.
Either you take exception to my vernacular use of the word "guys.
American Heritage dictionary -- guys Informal. Persons of either sex.

or you fail to realize that it takes two people, one a female and the other a male to have intercourse such that an egg would be fertilized.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice try.  You were deceptive, and it was probably intentional seeing the tone of your post.

----------------------------

Most birth control pills contain the combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). If a woman doesn't ovulate she cannot get pregnant because there is no egg to be fertilized.

One type of birth control pill, known as the Minipill, contains only the hormone progesterone. Although progesterone alone may prevent ovulation, this may not occur reliably every month. The Minipill also works by thickening the mucous around the cervix, which prevents the sperm from entering the uterus. It also affects the lining of the uterus so if the egg is fertilized it cannot attach to the wall of the uterus

Taken from:

[url]http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/contraception/contraception_birth.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Most hard core Anti-Abortionists know this already. They do think that the majority of birth control out there is no different from a abortion. Most forms of hormonal birth control work by denying implantation, not ovulation-becuase stopping ovulation and menustration can have side effects. The Catholic church is the foremost amongst those opposed to birth control but many Protestant antis are too. They just avoid saying it in public because these measures are also so popular with married couples. It would split the "Pro-Life" movement.

Just like the Bradys say that guns for "hunting" are ok but "assault weapons" and hand guns are evil. Its the incrimental approach once again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Most hard core Anti-Abortionists know this already. They do think that the majority of birth control out there is no different from a abortion. Most forms of hormonal birth control work by denying implantation, not ovulation-becuase stopping ovulation and menustration can have side effects. The Catholic church is the foremost amongst those opposed to birth control but many Protestant antis are too. They just avoid saying it in public because these measures are also so popular with married couples. It would split the "Pro-Life" movement.

Just like the Bradys say that guns for "hunting" are ok but "assault weapons" and hand guns are evil. Its the incrimental approach once again.
View Quote

DID YOU READ MY POST??? MOST ARE NOT IMPLANT DENYING!!!!!

Call and ask your local Ob/Gyn or are you too afraid to ask?

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:37:08 PM EDT
[#11]
everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten [:(]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Facial???
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice try.  You were deceptive, and it was probably intentional seeing the tone of your post.

----------------------------

Most birth control pills contain the combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). If a woman doesn't ovulate she cannot get pregnant because there is no egg to be fertilized.

One type of birth control pill, known as the Minipill, contains only the hormone progesterone. Although progesterone alone may prevent ovulation, this may not occur reliably every month. The Minipill also works by thickening the mucous around the cervix, which prevents the sperm from entering the uterus. It also affects the lining of the uterus so if the egg is fertilized it cannot attach to the wall of the uterus

Taken from:

[url]http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/contraception/contraception_birth.html[/url]
View Quote

Then I stand corrected.  I apologize to all the pro-lifers I always assumed were hipocrites.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten [:(]
View Quote

Thats a lot of friggin pussy.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:41:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok.  I've been thinking about posting a birth control (pill) thread for some time.  I guess I won't hijack, I'll just start a new thread.

TS
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#16]
[peep]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#17]
PEARL NECKLACE!!!

i jsut had to add to the stupidity.

With that in mind... IBTL.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
If this thread's an IBTL, mine's DOA.

TS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Nah, there's no reason that this thread should be locked. There's not much left to argue about, as it's pretty much all been discussed. Some pills cause the embryo to not be able to attach to the uterine wall. Most pro-lifers are against these (I certainly am), some are just uneducated about what the pills do. Most pills work the other way, and I don't have a problem with them, except for the health risks that go along with them. Have you listened to the list of warning that accompany a birth control commercial? Back when dossages were high, I had an aunt die, presumably from taking the pills and smoking at the same time. There's a lot of stuff to take into account when you start thinking about using birth control...
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#20]
This pro-lifer doesn't use birth control pills (er- that is my wife doesn't) because as we understand their function they do not prevent conception, allowing the fertilized egg to pass.  In addition to not being a doctor or lawyer, neither am I a pharmacist (I guess I'm just an all-around layman, or is that a lay all around man?).

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:39:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Do you know some people will die when they take asprin.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:41:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:47:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
pull out

View Quote

Please tell me you are not serious in thinking this is for of birth control....it is 3rd world at best..IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not going to lock this thread.  You know why?  Because not one post makes any sense at all.  No sense!  I don't know what you people are talking about, except it's something about a pill, and pussy, and a bunch of other word sequences which add up to nothing.  Try harder, boys!
View Quote

damn DoubleFeed, you owe me for one coffee soaked keyboard!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:51:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:04:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pull out

View Quote

Please tell me you are not serious in thinking this is for of birth control....it is 3rd world at best..IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!
View Quote

It works for an awful lot of people. Cheap too.
View Quote

Again, "pulling out" is NOT a form of birth control.   In your mind it may be but there are millions of children out there because of this....and I am sure many more that have been teminated.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey [:K] this is America you moron and it is their choice, crawl back under your rock you Kaliforniastan Liberal. [nana]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:06:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Everyone immediately jumps on to this guy and claims troll.  Blah blah blah.

Instead of just saying, "you suck troll, get out of here," why don't you refute his argument.

Listen to an argument and make one of your own.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Paul or Doublefeed,
Feel free to lock this thread.  I learned what I needed to learn.

1) I learned how the pill really works from ar15bubba.
2) I learned from ArmdLbrl and Brohawk that I was not the only person to believe that the pill prevented implant of a fertilized egg.
3)I learned from NWatson99 and Paul that it is human nature to not gather all the evidence before opinining.  Apparently, not even Mods are exempt from this fault.
Quoted:
Then I stand corrected.  I apologize to all the pro-lifers I always assumed were hipocrites.
View Quote

It takes a man to apologize when he's wrong.  It clearly also takes one to accept and move on.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Before ya' lock it let me add....

There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on.
You're a Catholic as soon as Dad came.

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted.
God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted.
God gets quite irate.

Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground.
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found.

Every sperm is wanted.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighborhood.

Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted.
God gets quite irate.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighborhood.

Every sperm is useful.
Every sperm is fine.
God needs everybody's.
Mine!
And mine!
And mine!

Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill and plain.
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed.
In your neighborhood.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite iraaaaaaate!

Monty Python
The Meaning Of Life

Hey, it makes as much sense as the rest of this thread.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Not really.  A sperm cell without the egg, or an unfertilized egg, do not constitute bona fide human life.  When they combine and the genetic material is complete we have life.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#37]
C'mon, sing it with me....

"Every sperm is sacred..."
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I think I know where this is going....and on that note.

IBTL!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not really.  A sperm cell without the egg, or an unfertilized egg, do not constitute bona fide human life.  When they combine and the genetic material is complete we have life.
View Quote

Yeah, thanks.

IBTL!

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top