Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Never found?  http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/iraqi_mobile_plants/index.html

Never had?
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/cw/unscom.htm

Are you looking to be next in line (after Cyanide)to be declared a moron?
View Quote

drudgereport.com has a 'developing' link ready with this description

ANALYSTS DISPUTE CONCLUSION THAT IRAQI TRAILERS WERE GERM LABS... DEVELOPING...  
View Quote

be interesting to see who these "analysts" are and whether or not their argument is sound
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Little doubt in my mind he used them against, the Kurds, the Iranians, HIS BEST TROOPS in the Iran/Iraq war. Like smokes in the old Army, 'smoke if you got em...'He had apack, he wa smokin em....
View Quote

Exactly! He did use them, but that was when he was our boy. We (or Our Government, at least) used Sadaam to decimate his own people as well as the Iranians.

The neo Libs/Bush haters seem to wanna say, 'Neener neener you aint found em, the war was about'.....BLANK...
View Quote

Man, will you ever get beyond the left/right BS? (Look at all the quotes in my first post. The first damn quote is by Lieberman! Hillary and others are quoted there lying, too.) As far as I'm concerned, the Dems are complicit in this BS war, and of all the Members of Congress, only [b]ONE[/b] has a child in the military in the war zone. They don't give a damn about you and me, and could care less whether we're a democRAT or republiCON.

Ok, fine. We will move them to the back burner, call us liars now, when we find them you can [i]FRENCH[/i] kiss my ass at Times Square till you draw a crowd.

Until then I will deal with your BLANK...

Blank- The war was about oil....You drive a fuckin car dontcha? Your home is warm aint it? We as American are crackheads for oil. PCLiberalfaggotdoubletalkbs prohibits saying it BUT, 'if' it was about oil, we got it, so we, America WON! If you wanna be a righteous loser, get the hell out.
View Quote

Again, "America" didn't win, the Oil corporations (and others, read: Israel) did. You and I won't be seeing any savings from this. On the contrary, we'll be paying for it with our taxes ($200+ Billion), as well as our soldiers' blood, [pissed] just so a small group of people can get rich off of our backs. (Not to mention the Iraqis who are getting royally screwed in this deal.)

Blank- Sticking our nose in where it didnt belong...We had 3000 people die in our country. Ours and others under our watch who were civilians and murdered in cold blood. Saddam financially supported the terrorists by sponsoring/funding the families of the 'martyrs', even posthumus still is financial support.
View Quote

There, you go watchin too much TeeeeeVeeee, you don't know which side is up anymore. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, and last time I checked we are not Israel.

Blank-America being the policeman of the world...Again, you got us. We pay the bills, we call the tunes. You cant hack it? Find another country (China or Fag-rance spring to mind)where you are free to be happy, as we would hate to hold you back.
View Quote

Again, you've gotta ask, "why" are we trying to police the world? Is it for the good of humanity around the world? NO. Is it for the benefit of everyday Americans like you and me? Hell NO! [pissed] Our brave men and women are not defending our country, they're busy killing and being killed to "police" and "aquire" property for the corporations that run the show.

BTW, how much do we have to find b4 you communistspinkossubversiveslibs fine americans will stfu??
View Quote

Calling people names just brings attention to the weakness of your argument.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has Robert Byrd become an ar15.com member?

As Sec. Rumsfeld said today, "We haven't found Saddam yet and no one is running around claiming he never existed."
View Quote

Damn that's a good line. Does anyone know rumsfeld's position on guns? He may be the guy for president in 2008!
View Quote

He is pro 2nd Ammendment.
View Quote

So is both Bush I and II...[rolleyes]  (You know, the same II said he'd sign the AWB renewal! Just like rummie prolly would!)

Fucking people lie to you about a war that cost the lives of your neighbors, and you turds talk about electing them to office!!!

I'd laugh about it, if I wasn't choking on my tears.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I see that no one's answered the question(s) DScott has posed.

Quoted:
and quit inspiring other trolls like Cyanide, who hasn't had one original idea since he came on board.
View Quote

Haha.. You and others like you wouldn't recognize an "original idea" if it walked up and kicked you square in your ass.

The problem is, you're so short sighted you think the only source for ideas are the DU or FOXNews, neither of which are original. Think for yourself. The media & gov are NOT your friend.
View Quote

The Government is not our friend?   Whats that all about,we gave Saddam all the time in the world to move all his WMD across the border to his new  home in Syria!

I think he is just taking his time till our troops are smaller,and then going to launch his own tet offensive with his new Syrian Armies!

Hope thats wrong as my daughters in Iraq now as we speak.

Bob
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm praying for your brave Daughters.

I think Sadaam, bin Laden, et al are just gonna be used as convenient phantoms to justify further wars against the People.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey ARgue, how many AR15.com user names have you had so far? Is this your second? Your third? Your fourth?
View Quote

Your sig pic fits you to a T!! This is your 3rd, or 4th post, amd you have yet to present 1 FACT to rebut the original post. You're just a heckler who doesn't have shit to say, 'cause his head is full of it.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Come on folks! (cyanide, you too)

Who is actually going to admit that they TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs?

Because if you do, you've a few questions to answer.
C'mon now, step up.  
Don't be afraid.
View Quote

Who the fuck cares if he "ever" had 'em... Your govt. said he HAS them. That's why we invaded, remember?? Well... where the Hell are they?? We should have found something by now, if WMD existed at the time our leaders said they did.

If the war was such a good idea otherwise, why didn't they sell it to us with the truth???

I'll tell ya why, none of them are legal reasons for an invasion under international law, so they are a "no sale". WMD's were the only LEGAL excuse, now we see once again the US govt fabricate evidence, this time on a nation, rather than one of it's own citizens...

Hope ya "feel" real good 'bout that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thnk it's a pretty reasonable question, actually.  Questioning our government is still OK, isn't it?

No one is saying there NEVER have been WMDs- that's pretty obvious.

But most agree that the pretext for this war was the presence and possibly imminent use of WMDs.  

So where are they?  I haven't heard of any evidence being found for the presence of WMDs currently in Iraq.

What if they are never found?  Does that change anything?
View Quote

Never found?  http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/iraqi_mobile_plants/index.html

Never had?

Are you looking to be next in line (after Cyanide)to be declared a moron?
View Quote

First, if you're going to be rude, fuggedaboutit.

Second, the CIA's own analysis is incredibly weak:

Coalition forces have uncovered the strongest evidence to date that Iraq was hiding a biological warfare program.

Kurdish forces in late April 2003 took into custody a specialized tractor-trailer near Mosul and subsequently turned it over to US military control.

The US military discovered a second mobile facility equipped to produce BW agent in early May at the al-Kindi Research, Testing, Development, and Engineering facility in Mosul.  Although this second trailer appears to have been looted, the remaining equipment, including the fermentor, is in a configuration similar to the first plant.

US forces in late April also discovered a mobile laboratory truck in Baghdad.  The truck is a toxicology laboratory from the 1980s that could be used to support BW or legitimate research.
View Quote

[url]http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/iraqi_mobile_plants/index.html[/url]

The "strongest evidence to date" is one *complete* trailer and one *looted* trailer that was "possibly" used in BW research or production, and a 20 year old mobile labratory?

Wow.  I'm overwhelmed.  [rolleyes]

Third, that FAS UNSCOM report is from *5 years* ago.  

Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Monday, November 02, 1998 9:36:21 AM
View Quote

*This* moron wants evidence that's a little more recent and a little more compelling.  

If that satisfies *you*, well...

Fourth, my last question was rhetorical, doncha know!  Care to venture an answer?  

What if they are never found?  Does that change anything?
View Quote

What if...?
View Quote

Dscott, fergit it, you're dealing with a guy who would believe it's ok to kick down your door, and shoot ya for a pre-ban upper on a post-ban lower..[rolleyes]

I don't call trucks WMD's, any more than I call pipes, or bags of fertilizer "bombs"....
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think Sadaam, bin Laden, et al are just gonna be used as convenient phantoms to justify further wars against the People.
View Quote

Ashcroft has some new ideas, he mentioned needing additional legislation, to keep us "safe".
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Ashcroft has some new ideas, he mentioned needing additional legislation, to keep us "safe".
View Quote

Fear not!  The Patriot Act is what allows me to sleep safe at night.[rolleyes]

And with the expansion we'll all be able to sleep safe at night.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:10:59 AM EDT
[#11]
All the excuses in the world for [b]NOT[/b] finding WMDs won't mean jack if they are not found. What [b]WILL[/b] matter is, if they are not found, is that Bush Jr. will not be re-elected.
You can sit here all day and think up other reasons for getting rid of Saddam (who should have been gone in '91!) but the [b]ONLY[/b] thing that will matter to Bush in the end is finding them and getting re-elected (or convincing everyone it doesn't matter when it does).
But maybe this all boils down to what your meaning of "is" is.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All the excuses in the world for [b]NOT[/b] finding WMDs won't mean jack if they are not found. What [b]WILL[/b] matter is, if they are not found, is that Bush Jr. will not be re-elected.
You can sit here all day and think up other reasons for getting rid of Saddam (who should have been gone in '91!) but the [b]ONLY[/b] thing that will matter to Bush in the end is finding them and getting re-elected (or convincing everyone it doesn't matter when it does).
But maybe this all boils down to what your meaning of "is" is.
View Quote
[b] Forget it , people here are rabid Bush supporters, no matter what he does, no matter how bad the economy, no matter what.[/b]
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 4:56:37 AM EDT
[#13]
From the portable trucks that undoubtedly had some other use than BW (what we don't know) to the delivery systems we found both before and after the UN (that Saddam "forgot" about).

- It don't matter

From the week that every fish died on the Euphrates to the huge mounds of radioactive material found in an underground lab the UN had never seen.

- It don't matter

From the underground "pesticide" plants to the banned missiles actually used in the war.

- It don't matter

From the mass graves in the south to the children walking out of prison for the first time since they were three.

- It don't matter

The war was wrong.

- Why?

Because someone on da intarweb told me so.
(A libratardian mantra - tactus)
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Sometimes I can't help but be amazed at the ignorance of you liberals.  There is nothing that you folks won't do to impress us with it either.  Pathetic, and at the same time, laughable.  You won't hear any more arguments from me about this topic because you all have made up your ignorant minds about it.  

ARgue and Cyanide and all the others, I do believe you are in the wrong forum.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Not so, I like firearms, and shooting, this is after all a gun forum. I only disagree with most here on a few things.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:44:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Come on folks! (cyanide, you too)

Who is actually going to admit that they TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs?

Because if you do, you've a few questions to answer.
C'mon now, step up.  
Don't be afraid.
View Quote

Who the fuck cares if he "ever" had 'em... Your govt. said he HAS them. That's why we invaded, remember?? Well... where the Hell are they?? We should have found something by now, if WMD existed at the time our leaders said they did.
View Quote

Boy, you are ill informed on this issue.
By never, I'm not talking ten years ago.  I mean, didn't have them last year.  You may be shocked to hear this, but he hid them.  Hid them well.  Maybe even destroyed some of them, in the hours before the war.  ARE YOU SAYING THAT BETWEEN 1998 AND NOW, THAT THE WEAPONS CEASED TO EXIST?  IF YOU INTEND TO SUPPORT THAT, PLEASE TRY.

If the war was such a good idea otherwise, why didn't they sell it to us with the truth???

I'll tell ya why, none of them are legal reasons for an invasion under international law, so they are a "no sale". WMD's were the only LEGAL excuse, now we see once again the US govt fabricate evidence, this time on a nation, rather than one of it's own citizens...
View Quote

Don't you even read a paper, now and then?
Good God! You're knowledge on this issue is so lacking.
The WMDs were not the "legal reasons for an invasion under international law".  It was the Cease Fire agreement from the first War, in tandem with 1441.
I am amazed at how some of you are so indignantly full of opinions on this issue, yet so utterly ignorant of the very basic facts.
It's as though you rely on the spin from the left, which is nothing more than innuendo and straw man arguments.

Hope ya "feel" real good 'bout that.
View Quote

I do.
How does it feel to be so ill informed?
You act as though I am somehow being manipulated and fooled.
Yet it is you who is the one who is repeating the lies of those who wish to trick the ignorant masses.
You're the dupe.
I'm surprised they haven't yet convinced you that a semi-automatics "spray from the hip".
You seem that gullible.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Let me just say, that if they produce anything that would have been a viable threat to us or our interests, I will feel better about the whole situation, if they don't, I will do a write in vote come election time rather that vote for a liar, I have had it with lying politicos. A fucking missile that flies 198 miles and was rated at 150 is no freaking big deal, hell the wind may have been with it, I don't turn a blind eye to that kind of bullshit the military/or our government spreads.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#18]
It's so simple.

If we couldn't summon the will to remove Saddam, we would not have been able to summon the will to keep the sanctions in place forever.
And with Saddam there, those sanctions HAD to remain.
Lift the sanctions, and Iraq would have become the world's richest oil state.
WMDs, nukes, you name it.  He would have been able to continue producing, and outright purchasing whatever his heart desired.
Had he demonstrated a desire to have these weapons?  Yes.
Had he demonstrated aggression towards his neighbors, and the US?
Yes again.
Did he try to prevent the UN and us from finding the WMDs?
Yes.
Why?
If they no longer existed, the only possible reason would be that Saddam had destroyed them.

So why not provide documentation and access to scientists, so that the the sanctions would be lifted?

Why indeed?

Good God people!  How much common sense does it take to understand this.
None of what I stated above is a lie, or propaganda.  They are very basic truths.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#19]
The Left is being quite tricky, in their non-accusation accusations.
Paul Krugman, OpEd writer for the Times is a master at this. Here's a quote from a recent column he wrote:
"The public was told that Saddam posed an imminent threat. If that claim was fraudulent, the selling of the war is arguably the worst scandal in American political history — worse than Watergate, worse than Iran-contra..."
View Quote

Here's the problem.
No one in the administration made the claim that Saddam was an "imminent threat".  If you recall, it was the Left, in decrying the pre-emption policy, who said that UNLESS an enemy posed an "imminent threat", going to war was never justified.  They were saying this in reaction to the Administration's claims, that Saddam needn't BE an "imminent threat", just a potential threat.
So when Krugman said:
"The public was told that Saddam posed an imminent threat..."
View Quote

It's a straw man.
A lie.

Now put it all together...
"The public was told that Saddam posed an imminent threat. If that claim was fraudulent..."
View Quote

Yes that claim is fraudulent.
It is fraudulent because the Bush Administration never made this claim.
It is fraudulent because Krugman and his ilk pretend that that Bush made this claim, and now they use it as a straw man.

When [b]liberty86[/b] makes the claim:

I'll tell ya why, [red]none of them are legal reasons for an invasion under international law, so they are a "no sale". WMD's were the only LEGAL excuse, now we see once again the US govt fabricate evidence[/red], this time on a nation, rather than one of it's own citizens...
View Quote

It's the same tactic.
WMDs had nothing to do with the "legal reason" under international law.  It was the Cease Fire agreement from the first War, in tandem with 1441, that justified the war, and made it "legal".
(and as if we are to believe that liberty86 is now a big fan of "international laws" [:)])
This is pure disingenuous innuendo that those who lack the facts and moral courage to make outright charges, engage in.
It is sickening.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#20]

There is no beef.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
WMDs had nothing to do with the "legal reason" under international law.  It was the Cease Fire agreement from the first War, in tandem with 1441, that justified the war, and made it "legal".
View Quote

Correct, and the issue was WMD's! The US, AT THE TIME OF THE INVASION, said Iraq possesed WMD's, in defiance of the ceasefire, and UN resolutions. Remember Powell laid it all out at the UN???

(and as if we are to believe that liberty86 is now a big fan of "international laws" [:)])
View Quote

Ya got me!!! BUT, if this administration is going to continue to force me to live under agenda 21, and sign all these international agreements, don't you think they should abide by them??

This is pure disingenuous innuendo that those who lack the facts and moral courage to make outright charges, engage in.
It is sickening.
View Quote

The US govt said Iraq was in violation. Iraq denied it. Un inspectors found squat, so have we. Other than a couple of missles that had 25 or so miles longer range than authorized, and a couple of trucks, we have found shit.

So here's my "outright charge".
The US govt, lied to it's citizens, and everyone else in the world with it's excuse to invade Iraq. The US, also waged illegal war, under international law.

Now, having said that, as you may or may not know, I opposed the war because there was no evidence of WMD, UNTIL GWB did his "press conference" stating he had determined Iraq WMD's were a threat. That's HIS job, and I supported him, based on his statements that night, because he is the President, (something I would have NOT done for a Clinton).

Now it appears Bush's statements, like Clintons, were a lie...
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Correct, and the issue was WMD's! The US, AT THE TIME OF THE INVASION, said Iraq possesed WMD's, in defiance of the ceasefire, and UN resolutions. Remember Powell laid it all out at the UN???
View Quote

It is you who apparently don't remember.
That Saddam had/has WMDs was considered a "given", in 1441.  His cooperation was what was required.  He had to display them.  1441 does not question whether he had them.  1441 merely demands he present them, or proof of their destruction.
Again, with this being SO IMPORTANT, how could you be so ignorant to the very basic facts???

It is sickening.
View Quote

The US govt said Iraq was in violation. Iraq denied it. Un inspectors found squat, so have we. Other than a couple of missles that had 25 or so miles longer range than authorized, and a couple of trucks, we have found shit.
View Quote
AGAIN, you seem unaware of the facts.
The inspectors were NOT there to "find" anything.
They were there to verify information that Iraq was ordered to provide.
Iraq chose to ignore the order.

AGAIN, I ask you.  
How can you not know these simple facts?

So here's my "outright charge".
The US govt, lied to it's citizens, and everyone else in the world with it's excuse to invade Iraq.
View Quote

Based on what?  What are you saying is a lie?
Your charge has no substance.
I hope it's not based on your previously stated mis-statements.
The US, also waged illegal war, under international law.
View Quote

Not so (unless you're Ramsey Clark).
As I have shown, the ceasefire agreement, and 1441 allows us to use force.
No "international court" of repute has stated otherwise.
Only anti-war folks, or people with axes that need grinding.

Now, having said that, as you may or may not know, I opposed the war because there was no evidence of WMD, UNTIL GWB did his "press conference" stating he had determined Iraq WMD's were a threat. That's HIS job, and I supported him, based on his statements that night, because he is the President, (something I would have NOT done for a Clinton).

Now it appears Bush's statements, like Clintons, were a lie...
View Quote

Have patience.
The cries to give the "inspectors" more time (months and months) now sound silly, when those same people are insisting we find the weapons immediately.

You really should read the entire actual Resolution, before you attempt to comment on it.
It's not that difficult a read.
Please don't say that you've in fact read the document.  Because if you have....
....your reading comprehension skills are lacking.

You rely on others for your info, and you get manipulated.  You become a pawn.
Try to avoid this in the future.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm patient, he has till election time, with me and the rest of the country. At which time his wag the dog thing, won't work anymore.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm still amazed at how uninformed so many of you are.
To actually believe that there are no WMDs hidden in Iraq requires one to abandon all logic and reason.
Only ignorance or an agenda of lies allows a man to do such a thing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#25]
One thing I find interesting is the coincidence I have seen in people who believe there were no WMD in Iraq and their adolescent/adult use of cannibis.

Cyanide, did you (or do you now) smoke weed?  

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#26]
[smoke]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top