Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/4/2003 10:34:08 PM EDT
What to people on this board collect? (try to exclude firearms, since thats too obivious). Other weapons collections might be interesting. I have a weakness for watches, tool gadgets and sliderules myself (I'm an engineer and a geek, what can I say). Phased
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:38:04 PM EDT
Tools, knives, trucks, books, enemies & dragon scales.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:43:12 PM EDT
Hmmm... Firearms accessories. Old computers (I used too). Books, thats it, I have tons of books. Most people just borrow non-fiction from the library, I have the unfortunate habit of buying it new.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:47:25 PM EDT
Um....I don't really collect anything but I love planting flowers and my garden Sgatr15
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:02:07 PM EDT
Anime and Manga.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:15:43 PM EDT
What do i collect?? useless shit
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:21:32 PM EDT
I like to collect: classic movies on DVD's business cards from every restaurant I eat at interesting books about history militaria from WWII, Vietnam war [VC/NVA]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:22:32 PM EDT
GT6 parts. (now 65 Ford Galaxie parts) Let me know what you got!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:25:00 PM EDT
HOT WHEELS!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:34:19 PM EDT
Lately? Dust! Unemployed with no leads on a job. I'm feeling like a waste. I collect Silver Eagles for my daughter. I get her one for every year since she was born in 1997. No big deal, just something to give her when she grows up. I keep them in the safe but she thinks they are treasure and likes to look at them. My wife collects Disney movies on VHS. She has hundreds. I used to collect and play guitars. I have to have something that has some tangeble function to pique my interest. Stamps or the like seem boring. On the other hand, with my experiences of late I guess I could start collecting loose women? [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:45:08 PM EDT
Zippo lighters, knifes, and sun glasses.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 11:58:57 PM EDT by 45calmike]
Hot Wheels. Too bad it's not old ones like when I was a kid. I had some good ones, but when you're a kid, you play with em. 1:18 scale die cast metal cars. Started collecting in late 2001. To date (I have slowed down significantly since I started buying guns and stuff), I have over 110. As for the 1:64 scale Hot Wheels (Used to raid Wal mart at 12-1 A.M. while they were restocking the toy section) Over 600+. Again, although they are less than a dollar a pop, I slowed down on buying those too. If I occassionally see a cool piece, I'll buy it. But since Wal-mart sporting goods is in the next aisle, I can't pass up buying cheap .45 ACP and .40 S&W instead. I like to collect sports cars and muscle cars but focus on Ferrari's. I can't believe almost half of my storage space is full of this crap. I'm also a pack rat for old magazines and books. I'm still looking for my copy of "The Ultimate Sniper" that I bought back in college for $10 used. Amazon.com wants to sell it new for like $50! It's here somewhere....... Also waste my money on DVD's, again, this has slowed to a crawl too....I take that back, I bought Tombstone colectors edition and Red Dawn yesterday....I think the DVD count is up to 150. Let's not forget MP3's on my hard drive. To date I have about 50 GB of MP3's. I don't know what that equates too. Probably a round trip from here to the moon 10 times and still have enough songs not to repeat or some crap like that. Wallets.....I save my old wallets and I have wallets that I bought or received as presents that I've never used before....I'm strange....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:01:36 AM EDT
Pain. All kinds; physical, emotional, mental, good, bad, organic, non-organic, fried, baked, basted...I'm not picky and I have an amazing capacity. Oh yeah and anything that I could possibly lose money on at a later date. For the past few years it's been coins, for example, although soon I may switch to something more sure. Like, say, French wine stock. cynic (forever keeping a keen lookout for an opportunity to snatch defeat from the hands of victory)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:09:16 AM EDT
I collect, build, and play Warhammer 40k miniatures. I also love to collect old DOS games. (Carmen Sandiego, Starflight, Oregon Trail, etc) Oh, I almost forgot, I like to collect odd-ball ammunition. I have a drawer full of odd size cartridges.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:19:52 AM EDT
ok, I need to know where to find those old games. I had forgotten about them WOuld you mind sending them to me?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:21:21 AM EDT
My top three hobbies: - Guns - Knives - Watches
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:47:46 AM EDT
Just judging from the looks of my house at the moment, I must have unknowingly collected lots of shit over the years! But seriously, I like to collect various whiskey and other alcoholic beverage bottles (not that I drink), war movies and documentaries, books, coins and artifacts.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:54:03 AM EDT
I tried collecting foreign beers once, but you know how long that lasted. [beer]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:35:08 AM EDT
Old Playboy Magazines.[:P] I have one that dates back to the 50's. And there are Many, Many, Many from the 60's. That's when I really started to have money to buy them.[jump] Ok. Get somebody Older to buy them for me.[:I] But I have Boxes and Boxes. Of "Boxes".[naughty] And they're all nice and clean too. I mean the magazines. Dirty magazines that are clean without being an oxymoron.[whacko] Next Question please.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:41:54 AM EDT
I collect anything and everything. I'm the typical Georgia Bad Neighbor. J/K I guess I help my fiancee' collect critters. Also I'm into Odd Ball firearms, I love to pull a firearm out that the people at the range just look and go what is that. My next Odd Ball I'm picking up will be either a Hakim or a Rashid. Snorkel_Bob you can find a lot of old dos games online. Some have trouble running in the newer operating systems though. My fav classic DOS games are Kings Quest and Sopwith
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:54:17 AM EDT
According to my wife, everything! Of course the only thing of value is my guns!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:35:07 AM EDT
I collect diecast cars: Hot wheels , johnny lightning, racing champion. Mostly muscle cars and 60's Nascar. I guess you could say I also collect palm trees and Sagos. I have 79 on my property. Also like military books covering German-Russian conflict in WW2 and Holocaust. Collect Barbies for my two girls (5,7)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:39:25 AM EDT
Teeth
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:46:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 4:49:45 AM EDT by Dredd308]
Originally Posted By sgtar15: Um....I don't really collect anything but I love planting flowers and my garden Sgatr15
View Quote
[img]http://www.funtigo.com/go?i=i478186_43936.jpg[/img] [lol] j/k Knives Zippos Lap Dances
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:49:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:58:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By meltdown: what movie was it where the guy collected ears ?
View Quote
"The Life and Times of Vincent Van Gogh"?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:01:23 AM EDT
Fossils/ minerals and beer tins consume the majority of the money I could be spending on ammo and guns. I think I need to start something new. It seems that whatever you collect, you eventually get to a point where you only want/ need expensive examples. My fossil/ mineral collection is at the point where carnivore and reptile fossils are the only things that interest me. With beer tins, its got to be discontinued brands or old logos of existing brands. Guns are the same way....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:20:57 AM EDT
Manga (Japanese comics). At the moment it's Ranma 1/2, Usagi Yojimbo and anything by Shirow Masamune.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:38:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
View Quote
View Quote
His collection topped out at two. Hardly what I would call a collection.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:12:55 AM EDT
silver coins, gemstomes, watches, & tattoos
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:22:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By u-baddog:
Originally Posted By Old_Painless:
View Quote
View Quote
His collection topped out at two. Hardly what I would call a collection.
View Quote
Yea, but he had the whole spectrum. Attached and non-attached.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:24:55 AM EDT
Men.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:42:06 AM EDT
Before my wife passed, we collected antiques. Furniture, silverware, depression glass. We would take off on a road trip every other weekend and travel to different places. I got hooked on the Fenton bud vases. Must have 50 or so. My wife loved the tea cup and saucers. I still have everything, but may sell some of it soon since I'm losing my job and will be moving. Now I just collect firearms.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:05:34 AM EDT
1/10, 1/12, & 1/18 Die Cast Race Cars. 1/48 Warplanes. Lionel Trains.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:07:13 AM EDT
Colt paper. Have every catalog made since 1957, plus a lot of the other special catalogs, brochures, price lists, commeroratives, etc since then.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:12:28 AM EDT
Knives and watches, mildily. Other than that I've learned better than "collecting crap" that dosent appreciate in value, or at least hold at least 50% of its cost(gunz) at any given moment. But now theres always someone on e-bay who'll buy your err........"collectables"
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:43:21 AM EDT
i collect beer cans and whiskey bottles because its fun as hell "preparing" them for display [booze] other than that i just accumulate crap, from smoke grenades to neon signs, nothing worth anything, but all neat as hell
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:14:09 AM EDT
Balsa, C.A. glue, Futaba radio's, Monokote, #10 X-acto blades, Sullivan Gold-N-Rods, gallon jugs of Nitro Fuel, Saito engins, and AMA memberships.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:28:03 AM EDT
Non gun stuff eh, well....... Comic books, several titles I've read since childhood. But mostly anything and everything that would be considered memorabilia of the Chicago Bears !! Especially old trading cards and older (1960's) era stuff.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:33:55 AM EDT
Shot glasses. TitaniumT...FYI, I am quite collectible. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:38:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:48:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 10:51:22 AM EDT by sgtar15]
Originally Posted By TitaniumT: Men.
View Quote
Side job?? Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:42:51 PM EDT
I collect debt. [i]sigh[/i]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:08:51 PM EDT
Bouncy Balls
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:59:44 PM EDT
I can't really think of anything. I don't have the money to collect anything. Although I do collect empty brass. I only have like 15 or so calibers since I don't really have a 'source' for it. Anyone have empty brass they want to send me? [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:01:11 PM EDT
View Quote
UNIVERSAL SOLDIER starring Jean Claude Vam Damm and Dolph Lundgren.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:03:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sgtar15: Um....I don't really collect anything but I love planting flowers and my garden Sgatr15
View Quote
Seriously? What kind? I love planting roses (and would lose a formal rose garden someday), and I've got a bunch of day lillies out front that I got from the St. Louis Botanical Gardens.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:53:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GummyBear1: TitaniumT...FYI, I am quite collectible. [:D]
View Quote
Thanks, but my collection is complete! One very fine, wonderful man. [naughty] TT [wave]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:53:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
View Quote
Seriously? What kind? I love planting roses (and would lose a formal rose garden someday), and I've got a bunch of day lillies out front that I got from the St. Louis Botanical Gardens.
View Quote
[img]http://www.ebaumsworld.com/homo.jpg[/img] [:D]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:04:00 PM EDT
Antique (1890-1900) and Balloon (1932-52) bicycles. Art by Richard Corben and Georges Pichard.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:47:03 PM EDT
Guns, cars, books, sunglasses, lighters. [8D] Panzer Out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top