Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/4/2003 6:42:37 AM EDT
Stayed up past my bedtime to watch Combat Sniper Competion at Fort Benning(?) Ga. last night on OLN (11:00 pm EST). I was impressed with these guys level of shooting. They had teams from Canada and the U.K. competing also. The various stages were things like unknown distance shooting, odd angles, known distances out to 1000 yards, shooting after physical exhertion, shooting the spotters weapon and pistols, night shooting, and stalking. To a nonshooter it would have looked like they were missing a bunch. But any shooter would appreciate the level of chalenge they were presented. One thing that bothered me. The team from the U.K. was not allowed to bring the ammo they shoot at home due to import restrictions. Consequently, they did very poorly (but were good sports). What kind of import restrictions would keep them from bringing their own ammo with them? The Canadians didn't report any issues with their ammo. If it plays again I would recomend watching this program. Kent
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:48:10 AM EDT
I watched it too. It was too bad the British team couldn't use their own ammo; I wanted to see how they compared to everyone else. Lots of really nice, really expensive rifles though. . .[:P]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:57:59 AM EDT
I watched it too. It was pretty good, I really liked the shoot where they could choose to shoot at smaller and smaller targets for more points, but would lose all the points they had when they missed. (Called "know your limits", or something like that) Interesting notes: Longer ranges this time, after experience in Afghanistan. Teams that stayed together did well. Army and Air National Guard teams were finishing high, as well as the Canadians, because they were long time teams. Would not reveal Canadian shooter's names or faces, after what they did in war on terror.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:08:57 AM EDT
the air national guard tech sergeants did awesome....
Top Top