Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 7:51:24 PM EDT
I bought a new BBQ grill last year and have had problems with the tank, for some reason it acts like it has run out of fuel even when it is half full.

It will work fine one day and then refuse to light the next, I took it to get filled a couple of times and it only took 2.5 to 3.0 gal to fill it. It's a 5.0 gal. bottle.
It will work fine till it gets down to that level,any Ideas what is up with this POS??

What really chaps my ass about this, besides the inconvienence is I get charged for the full 5 gals. (they have a 5 gal. minimum)!!!

For the record I should state that this a new type bottle that came w/overfill protective device installed in valve. I guess you could say it is a POSTBAN!![:D]

Don't know if that has anthig to do with it or not, So, are there amature Hank Hills out there who can hook me up w/ an answer??

Thanks,  AZMAN.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Slap some Tannerite on it and take it a wide open range.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Pooched regulator?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
AILapua
 6/3/2003 11:57:03 PM

Pooched regulator?
View Quote

Any Idea how I could varify this??
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously, buy a whole new tank.  Either the regulator is bad or the pick up tube(if there is one).  

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Try another BBQ tank that is known to have fuel, if the same symptoms occur, replace regulator.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]
take the tank and exchange it at one of the exchange bins at some gas station or lowes.and try it.if still happens get new regulator.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
[Hank Hill] Sweet lady propane is Gods gas. [/Hank Hill]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
this is stretching my memory...

but IIRC, there are 2 types (~) of propane tanks, ones for liquid and ones for gas (?)  some are horizontal mount and others are vertical mount.

maybe you got the wrong type on your grill ??

it's been over 10 years since I messed with refilling tanks, that knowledge has been replaced by other useless information [:)]

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah,Hank Hill says: GET A REAL GRILL--CHARCOAL BWAHAHAHAHAHA...ok...I'm better now [:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah,Hank Hill says: GET A REAL GRILL--CHARCOAL BWAHAHAHAHAHA...ok...I'm better now [:D]
View Quote

You beat me to it.  Charcoal more better - Yo!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:01:50 AM EDT
[#11]
AZMAN,
You know what that fancy over fill protector is?  It's a float like in a gas tank.  My guess is it's not functioning correctly and closing as it drops.
If it was mine, I'd crack it open and inspect the whole guts.  I noticed walmart has a retrofit valve.  If I determined the valve was the problem, it would get replaced.

The other and easiest option is [url]http://www.bluerhino.com/nearestretailer.asp[/url]  Then it will magically become someone elses problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top