BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I offer my condolences as well, ETH.

I've lost, due to various illnesses and other factors, 5 people in the last year and a half. It's not easy, but the Good Lord looks out for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#2]
OH MAN!!! ETH I am so sorry for your loss. Sad that I have walked in your shoes, screwed me up real bad for MANY years ... (I was young and didnt know how to react) and I still dont know what to say.

I am so sorry [:(]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
My mother died when I was 16.  My best friend died when I was 20.  The woman I loved and was with for 6 years left me a year and a half ago.  Even though the deaths were hard on me, I think I took the news of my ex leaving me the hardest.  I was in the same state of mind your friend was in and it's a miracle I'm alive today.  You have my sympathies and prayers. [V]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm extremely sorry to hear of your loss ETH.  I will pray for you and yours and your friends family.  I know it's a large blow when something like that happens.  If you need to talk or need some comfort, im me and we can talk on the phone or what ever you need.  Whatever you need bro, I'm here for ya.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
So sorry for the loss..I too have lost a very good friend to suicide.It was 20 years ago and I still think about him and I get mad that he cheated me out of that friendship. He was almost like a brother and we talked at depth about everything .. He was having trouble with a collapsed disk...I never saw it coming...what a waste...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:02:40 AM EDT
[#6]
 Eric...my condolences....I lost my best friend to almost the exact same circumstances about 8 years ago.  I am sorry to have seen this happen to you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
[V] Traggic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#9]
This really sux. I feel for you Eric, as well as the guy's family. It's always tough to lose someone you care about, but when it's under these circumstances, it only makes it that much worse. A young life snuffed out far too early. You folks will be in my prayers and if you need anything, don't hesitate to let us know. Take care of yourself.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:07:50 AM EDT
[#10]
My sincerest condolences ETH.  Such a shame.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:18:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm so sorry to hear about this.  I pray that our Heavenly Father comforts you and your friend's family with the peace that passes understanding.

Suicide is something that has been debated for centuries by theologians.  Obviously, your distraught friend was not in a rational, objective state of mind.  Who could be?  Therefore, I can only rely on the love and mercy of our Father, knowing that only He is qualified to judge such things.  His mercy endureth forever.  Amen.

Peace to you & yours.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:33:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear it, old buddy.  I will be praying for all concerned.

I am thankful that when we stand before that Throne, it will be our merciful Savior judging us.

Let me know if ther is anything I can do.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#13]
tear to the eye...sad
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#15]
So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:24:41 AM EDT
[#17]
so many sad stories when marriages fail...

my condolences to you, eric, and to dmuldrew and mickeymouse. it is hard to lose someone so close.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#18]
My condolences.

If someone is determined to take their life there is very little you can do to stop them. I had a family member choose this option but I still don't understand it.  It a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:36:15 AM EDT
[#19]
ETH, I am very sorry to hear about this. I don't believe that someone who commits suicide is damned and that even in their final moments, God can forgive. God is just and will account for your friend's situation. His wife might not be so lucky.

Stay strong and look to God.

I am so touched by your (WHOLE) situation down there at the present that I will even set aside my facade of agnosticism for 2 minutes and ask God to give you strength and healing.

But then it's back to denial again. [:D]

Keep the faith my friend.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Thank each and every one of y'all so very much, for your kind words, thoughts, and stories.

If Chris' life is to have any further meaning in this world, it will be as an example of how [u]not[/u] to deal with your personal grief.

It is, tragically, a lesson that none who choose to follow him, will ever learn.

[b]God be with him, now, and with his family.[/b]

Eric The(Amen)Hun[>]:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top