Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 4:09:56 PM EDT
I have a older DPMS ar15 that i havent used in many years ..Was thinking about taking it out and doing some plinking with it.,...BUT! It has a short barrell 16 inches flash surpresor,  bannet lug and folding stock. Iam not sure if this is a pre band or post that some one made up and i got hold of it...The ser # is 90xx....does anyone know where i can find out about  this   thanks Dwayne51
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get it?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
a [b]bannet[/b] lug? boy, that's one of them rare ones!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
DPMS (800)578-3767
Below 10300 - Pre-Ban.
Some or all lowers are cast. Black in color. Some lowers are Stainless Steel.

View Quote

This is the info that I have.  You could always call them too.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
besides being below 10300 it must not have any prefixes or suffixes to be a preban.  call them up, they'll tell you when it left and it only takes a minute or two.

example:  
1234   pre 94
1234S  post 94
F1234  post 94
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:02:51 AM EDT
[#5]
You'll probably need to call them anyways to find out if it left the factory as a complete "assault weapon."

Does he have to check to make sure that it was never sold in disassembled form after the ban?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does he have to check to make sure that it was never sold in disassembled form after the ban?
View Quote

As long as it was in "preban" configuration prior to 9/13/94, it can later be disassembled, sold for parts, whatever, and the receiver is still considered a preban rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top