Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2003 3:56:43 PM EDT
I didn't get to see the movie from the very beginning, I turned on the TV  with the start of the bank robbery.

If someone taped it maybe they can answer this:
During the slo-mo shot of the spent AK-47 shells dropping to the floor...Didn't that look like brass?...and didn't that look very similar to .223 shells? Who makes brass 7.62x39 shells anyways?

I realize this is Hollywood, but jeez...I think they fudged a tad bit with the collateral damage bullet holes...looked more like something a 12ga. sabot would make rather than an AK.

Wonder if the radio operator back at hdqters got as tired as I did of " they got AK's and full body armor..!!!!! "

This was not a very good advertisement for AK's...1500 rds and nobody died but them?
If only they'd have had that bayonet attached....hmm.

The gunstore cop comment was blatant Bradyeisque. "...we need assault rifles...", Why? cause you want guns that are as cool as the bad guys? If one level headed LEO had just reached over and picked up a Savage 110 30-30, loaded its 3 rd. magazine while the rest of the good guys were wasting time unloading the shelves of black rifles , he could'a went back outside---took care of business---and been home to watch the 6:00pm News.

And what the hell was the deal with the shopping cart????? What...are the police cars really that slow out there? Was this a director's attempt to draw awareness to the homeless???
Wonder if that cop's self-esteem has suffered that he looked like a complete weiner-head pushin' a shopping cart full of rifles after everything went "Code 4"

And apparently none of the guns from the gunstore actually got used...is this true?

I was surprized to learn that the bad guys spent all that time and attention to full body armor...and all they had for their noggins was a black ski mask???
....and nobody could get a decent headshot off???

Movie vs. Real Life sometimes confuses things.

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I understand it none of the rifles from the store were actually used as an On-Scene Supervisor told the officer's not to use the rifles (they had not qualified on them).

The other thing I did not like was that at the end of the movie one of the captions said something like" ...and due to this incident LAPD Officers now have access to MACHINE GUNS in their patrol cars."

Hollywood

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
winchester white box and federal classic make brass 7.62x39
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was surprized to learn that the bad guys spent all that time and attention to full body armor...and all they had for their noggins was a black ski mask???
....and nobody could get a decent headshot off???
View Quote

I wondered the same thing the day that happened. But then again, their armor wouldn't have stood up to any reasonable rifle round and the cops had no rifles at all?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:27:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The other thing I did not like was that at the end of the movie one of the captions said something like" ...and due to this incident LAPD Officers now have access to MACHINE GUNS in their patrol cars."

Hollywood

View Quote

It actually said "M-16" machine guns. Aren't LEO allowed to buy full auto, or is it just for the military?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw a news report and it was also on Tales of the Gun. The LAPD has been getting surplus M-16A1 rifles to be used by officers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If the police can justify it, they have access to cheap M-16s.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top