Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/3/2003 11:37:22 AM EDT
OK, I just came back from the store with " NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2003" Before I unseal the box and render it unreturnable, I have an important question. HOW do I determine whether or not it will work in my computer ??? The computer is a Packard Bell and as an emblem on it with "AMD K6 2 Processor 3D NOW" It also has a sticker on that says "Designed for Windows 98" The Norton software package says: "Windows ME/98 System requirements" -Intel Pentium (or compatible) 150MHz or higher processor.[red]???[/red] -48MB RAM (64MB Recommended)[red]???[/red] REQUIRED FOR ALL INSTALLATIONS: -60MB of available hard disk space[red]???[/red] -DVD or CD ROM drive[green]YES[/green] -Microsoft Internet explorer 5.01 or later.[red]???[/red] -Microsoft Windows Internet support.[red]???[/red] I have NO idea how to find the info about whats installed in my system. Things I'm not sure about are highlighted [red]???[/red] Any suggestions ?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:00:45 PM EDT
You really need to find out the details of your system, at least the processor speed & RAM. Go to your control panel under "My Computer", doubleclick "System", under "General" it should tell you your processor speed & amount of RAM. If its a K6 2 you should be fine, all those requirements are pretty basic, if you can't meet them it definately time for a new computer. You can upgrade your version of explorer if you need to and you obviously have internet support if you are posting here.
Top Top