Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2001 12:47:53 PM EDT
Anybody own one?
accurate? reliable?
I am looking at a Romanian Romak 3 Dragonuv,comes with scope, etc.
for $799
Any comments on this weapon? thanx
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
They're crap and have just been recalled because of some problem. You can get a REAL "sniper" rifle - a 700PSS - for about $100 less.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy one now while you can.  You can always sell it later for at least what you paid for it if gun laws keep going the way they are.

The Remington is nice and all, but for an additional $100.00 there is no semi-auto version.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
"they're crap"
not what I wanted to hear....
It looks like a neat sniper rifle,but is it worth it? seemed like a "deal" to me,a cool looking SEMI-AUTO sniper rifle,for 800 bucks,
and it's used by alot of countries,and I figure it must be reliable.....anybody here own one?
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The Romak 3 is not a bad gun but it's not really a Dragonov you know. Diff gas systems and bolt carrier set up I hear. It's just a really big AK with big ammo to match. Look at it this way. It's $800 right, but with a PSO scope. So really it's $700 for the rifle and $100 for the scope. Get them to knock it down $50 and if the wood matches all around it will be an good buy. Some I have seen had mismatched looking handguards that didn't look anything like the stock. Should be very reliable and fair re: accuracy. Maybe 3"s at 100yds. Again kinda like some AK's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1277466&a=9460188&p=46364974&Sequence=0[/img]

I really am enjoying mine.  It is the shorter version.  a Russian Tiger.  It has the same action and shoots fairly well as long as you get used to the Russian PSO scope.  I am a graduate of sniper and its not as accurate as a bolt action, but it is fun to shoot, and the recoil is faily mild. with the drag action.  If you can get your hands on one, you will enjoy it. by the way the Romak is not a drag, its a RPK action, just made to look like a drag.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I owned one for a while.If you checked the run out of the bullet and took the best it would shoot a inch.For the first three shot group.The barrel is light and it will start to wander.It will shoot about 3" at a fast pace with ball.Basically it is a big AK.It is kinda of neat but someone offered me more than I had in it so I took it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#7]
For the same price, you could buy [b]16[/b] Mosin-Nagants, which fire the same round.

I'd rather have the Dragunov, but 16 Mosins is nothing to sneeze at.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys,especially you guys who have experience with them.I already own an M4 carbine,so I really feel no need to buy an AK,but I do want a "AKish" weapon,so I decided on this sniper rifle design.I would like to get it,but if it "shoots like a AK" then I mine as well "snipe" with my AR carbine,ya know?http://www.gunsnammo.com/
there's the link above.It's under "rifles and recievers" it's near the bottom.It appears new,and it comes with a few basic items as well.
Any other suggestions for my "sniper" fever?
I would prefer spending this much,or less on the "sniper" weapon....any good suggestions?
thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
some people may be down on it, just like some are down on some of my boomsticks, I never bought an AK or SKS because they were reliable or accurate, think about if you'd have fun shooting it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top