Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 12:37:36 PM EDT
Anybody read the Washington Times? Besides quoting a gun control supporter as saying that Democrat advisers "should be shot" (Can you imagine what would happen if the NRA did that?), it also quotes House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.

[url]http://washingtontimes.com/national/20030531-122824-1062r.htm[/url]

Asked whether she would push for a discharge petition, which requires support from a majority of House members, to force an up-or-down vote on the assault-weapons ban, Mrs. Pelosi balked, saying that "our discharge focus is now on unemployment compensation."
View Quote

So, not only is Tom Delay saying that this isn't going to make it out of committee... now we have the House Minority Leader saying she isn't going to force a vote on the issue. Sounds like the Dems don't want to see a vote on this either...

Read the article, it is a good piece... Pelosi also implies she doesn't have the Democratic votes to get it to the floor anyway.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
[:D]

But be careful in public places for the next 16 months.

Especally places where children congregate. Someone may try to give them a helping hand.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
so can i buy my folding stock or not?
also need to get that barrel threaded
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow.
I think i'll sell a couple of my "prebans" now... Not all of them, but a couple.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have found that most people who support restricting firearms ownership do so because they do not trust their own emotional state and propensity towards violence.  They presume others also share their lack of self control.  a statement of violence by a supposedly peaceful person against a US congressperson is reprehensible.  I guess in that sense it sorta proves my point.  Gun controllers are violent people who lack self control.
View Quote

Projection as a psychological defense mechanism.

When I was in college and the debate got to this point, I would always say "don't project your fantasies onto me".
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your move. Don't attract the attention of the ATF for the next year and a half (like by posting here) and you should be home free. Otherwise just do what I am doing and try to stack up funds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking about ordering an M4 upper. Bushmaster is going to be selling those things like, well, M4 uppers after the ban repeal, and will probably be backorderd.

Maybe sell a few 30-rounders, too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just save money for those preban/postban mags that will be oh, so cheap.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#9]
It's OK to have the evil parts around, just as long as they aren't assembled into a firearm. So it's OK to possess a telestock and an M4 upper, as long as you don't put them on a post-ban lower. On the day the ban expires you can spend five minutes with a screwdriver and snap them all together.

So I think the plan will be to buy evil feature uppers before the rush, put them in the back of the safe, and wait, while resisting the urge to draw the curtains and commit a felony at 2 AM one night by putting them all together.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]
From the article:

Democrats abandon the gun issue at their peril, said Blaine Rummel, spokesman for the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.
   He disputed the NRA's political success stories, noting that Mr. Gore won Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin — states where advocates on both sides of the gun issue spent heavily on political advertising.
   [red]"There isn't a shred of evidence that says gun control is a political loser," Mr. Rummel said. "It hasn't cost a candidate a political race anywhere."[/red]
View Quote

Mr. Rummel, this is Houston. Come in, please....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top