Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to already.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course.  If they want to argue that "poll tax" horseshit, states that don't require photo ID can issue single purpose voter ID cards for free.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Awful lot of people supporting gun control here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Should have to do a damn retina scan or sum shit to keep the dead out the booth...........
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You need an ID card to buy a firearm, and just about everything else.  I don't see what the problem is with requiring an ID card.  How do people without an ID card live without one?
View Quote

Boggles my mind. You need one to bank. A state issued id is like $8 where I'm from.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Not yes but FUCK YES
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck, we should go back to requiring that you own property in order to vote.

I don't give a damn if it's "not fair."  I'm tired of elections being decided by the most uninformed, uneducated, poorest, most irresponsible lowlifes in our country.

A colossal number of voters aren't making a well-informed decision when they cast their vote.  They're voting based solely on race, gender, appearance, how their name sounds, how much free shit they're promising, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't give a damn if it's "not fair."  I'm tired of elections being decided by the most uninformed, uneducated, poorest, most irresponsible lowlifes in our country.

A colossal number of voters aren't making a well-informed decision when they cast their vote.  They're voting based solely on race, gender, appearance, how their name sounds, how much free shit they're promising, etc.
View Quote

I'd be good with bringing your 1040 with you from the previous four years.  Didn't pay net taxes? Don't vote in federal elections.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So a disabled vet, or an honorably discharged vet living on their stipend while going to college forgo their right to vote? Gotchya and fuck you

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, and pay taxes.

So a disabled vet, or an honorably discharged vet living on their stipend while going to college forgo their right to vote? Gotchya and fuck you

Slow your roll.

It's easy enough to add a line that says "all honorably discharged veterans are eligible to vote."
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Voted Yes!

Do I believe you should have an ID to vote? NO! We should be a country of free men(and women), we should be a country of honest men(and women)...But...............we don't live in fucking shouldland!

How things have been in this country as of late, we NEED to show ID makes sense to me! Will it crack down on all of voter fraud? No! Do I believe it will help crack down on voter fraud? Yes!

Before any of you fuckers use ANY gun law against what I am saying, Guns(2A) are a right Voting is a privilege!

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They're free in Texas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't each state offer identification cards? I get that not everyone drives but I thought each state issued personal identification cards if you request one.
Are you expecting the poor, downtrodden minorities to actually pay for an ID? /sarcasm

They're free in Texas.

They're free in every state that requires them.

That's part of the requirement of being able to pass the law. Otherwise it's a "poll tax"

They all also help hunt down birth certificates and pay the fee for that for you...it's literally just some of your time.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:31:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I genuinely don't understand the liberal stance that voter ID laws disenfranchise minorities and prevent legitimate voters from voting.  First of all, how does anyone of voting age not have a photo ID in 2016? You need a photo ID for every day life. And second of all, it's so fucking stupid easy to get an ID card. You're telling me people can't find the time to get an ID once every couple years? Bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember watching news footage of the first Iraqi elections that showed all the proud voters with the purple ink on their fingers and thinking that Iraq has better voter fraud protection than Chicago.

Sad.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes and I am every time I vote!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Poll results will most definitely be a high percentage yes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Does one really need a state gov issued ID to exercise their second amendment or voting rights?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Of course not, how do you expect dead people to vote?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:52:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ok who said no.
View Quote
OP did.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:52:31 PM EDT
[#19]
ID should be the first requirement, not the only one.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Meh. Republican propaganda about voter fraud on the "other side" due to no IDs is bull. Waste of time legislation.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Meh. Republican propaganda about voter fraud on the "other side" due to no IDs is bull. Waste of time legislation.
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#22]
yes
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll say it again. There should be two requirements to vote:

1. Be 'Murican

2. Fucking prove it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#24]
If they're going to let in millions of illegals, then yes, we need ID to vote.

The idea that someone somehow "can't get an ID" is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:27:25 AM EDT
[#26]
you need an ID to drive, buy beer, cigarettes and firearms. why is it not required to vote?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:30:05 AM EDT
[#27]
yes and have done so
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#28]
And probably pass a background check too.

Well, it would surely bring gun background checks/gun rights........to the forefront of discussion topics.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:49:29 AM EDT
[#29]
I am 52 and have had to show ID to vote since I was 18. Thru the years I've lived in a number of states and have never been able to vote without showing my ID. (also never voted as a Democrat or in the hood, so that may be the reason for needing ID)
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#30]
At a bare minimum, you should be required to identify yourself and prove your citizenship.

I would like to see an additional layer added to that.

For example, a requirement that a voter is supporting them self financially or has made an effort to support them self financially, or that they are being supported by family members or a private charity organization, rather than the government.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:57:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll say it again. There should be two requirements to vote:

1. Be 'Murican

2. Fucking prove it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes it should be a Federal law.
View Quote

Quite unconstitutional.  While the Constitution places some limits on qualifications, the act of running elections and of determining qualifications for voters is left entirely o the States, and rightfully so (although I think our Constitution goes to far on restrictions on qualifications).

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:05:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
its bullshit. what adult does not have a id? besides someone mentally screwed up enough they cant function, or your ass is In prison already.

you cant get a job without a picture id, you cant buy alcohol, you cant buy a gun, you cant open a bank account, you cant cash a check, you cant drive a car, you cant go to college, you cant get on welfare, or food stamps, or unemployment. you cant get a loan for.. anything.. I doubt you can get cable of sat tv without id, you cant buy a house, you cant rent a house, you cant get a hotel room, you cant buy a airplane ticket, I doubt a bus ticket.

what people do not have id??  its a scam, and its 100% democrats wanting to keep voter fraud going. if your ass cant get a picture id, I'm pretty damn sure you wont be bothering to vote either.
View Quote

I'm not a fan of the current trend of requiring ID for everything, the culture it engenders, and the power it gives the state.  However, the legal exercise of power, and thus ultimately violence, against others is such an important thing that it really does warrant ID.  IMO, people who register to vote should be issued a voter ID card which has a picture, biometrics, address, precinct, and what elections you are qualified to vote in, should they differ for different purposes.  Have both manual checks and swipes of the card to record voting and alert the clerks if the card has already been used to vote.  Limit absentee voting and require a person provide proof beyond a signature that they are who they say they are.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#34]
1) Voting isn't protected by the Bill of Rights and was never intended to be a right by our framers.
2) Voter-ID serves solely to confirm you are who you say you are when voting.
3) This wouldn't be an issue if industrial-scale voting fraud weren't a problem.

When I can buy an RPG-7 at wal-mart without ID, we can talk about voting without ID.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If they're going to let in millions of illegals, then yes, we need ID to vote.

The idea that someone somehow "can't get an ID" is ridiculous.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#36]
YES
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#37]
If I'm required to show an ID to purchase a gun, then I should be required to show an ID for voting.

All rights being equal and what not
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
1) Voting isn't protected by the Bill of Rights and was never intended to be a right by our framers.
2) Voter-ID serves solely to confirm you are who you say you are when voting.
3) This wouldn't be an issue if industrial-scale voting fraud weren't a problem.

When I can buy an RPG-7 at wal-mart without ID, we can talk about voting without ID.
View Quote

First of all, not being mentioned explicitly in the Bill of Rights does not mean something is not a right nor that it is not protected.  The Bill of Rights itself has a provision making this quite clear, and the continued validity of the common law when not overridden by the constitution or statute as may be provided for by a charter or constitution means that one may also have rights protected by the common law as well.  Then you have the privileges and immunities of citizens, which are protected but not enumerated (they have been enumerated in court cases, though; they include things like freedom of travel and conveyance, which is at odds with our current laws regarding air travel, driving, etc.).

However, you are correct that voting is not among our rights, enumerated or not.  The Constitution does provide some limits on voting qualifications, but a State can make being a billionaire a requirement to vote and not run afoul of the Constitution, although it could suffer come time for apportionment of Representatives (male citizens at least 21 years old disqualified for voting for anything other than commission of crimes are removed from the census population totals when it comes time for apportionment).  The Founders largely did not consider it a right, and tended to advocate major restrictions on the franchise and viewed with concern places like Pennsylvania which were loosening such requirements and otherwise democratizing at the time due to egalitarian impulses (nationally mandating a qualified franchise was even considered as something to be included in the constitution).  Voting is the exercise of power over others, and that can never be an absolute/natural right.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:34:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes, it keeps the dead people in the graveyard and out of the voting booths.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.  The founders had it right.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I genuinely don't understand the liberal stance that voter ID laws disenfranchise minorities and prevent legitimate voters from voting.  First of all, how does anyone of voting age not have a photo ID in 2016? You need a photo ID for every day life. And second of all, it's so fucking stupid easy to get an ID card. You're telling me people can't find the time to get an ID once every couple years? Bullshit.
View Quote

It's simply a front to make sure that as many likely democratic supporters as possible can vote, regardless of their eligibility.  I had an opportunity to review voter rolls in Broward county, FL.  During my review of just one poor neighborhood in Ft. Lauderdale, there were about a dozen people on the voter roll that had their address as the local bodega, a half dozen at Home Depot...all magically appeared after the "get out the vote" efforts prior to Obama's first election.

They're opposed to ID because it'll shut down their illegal efforts to register and vote ineligible people.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Never not had to.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#43]
It's so incomprehensibly stupid that this is even a question.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have to already.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#45]
You should have to pass a NICS to vote.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Yes and the ID should be "free".

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top