Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 4:42:25 AM EDT
Well I am now 42 years old, & my family is gearing up to celebrate the happy event. I don't feel any older than I have in the last few years. I know it's a common enough event, but I wonder if it's really something worth celebrating. I haven't ever did anything I would consider noteworthy, or impressive. I'm just an average guy. Celebrating the birth of a person that has never accomplished much by my age just seems a little silly, or strange to me. I'm not trying to sound sad or depressed about it, because I'm not. I just really think people are odd, & it strikes me as funny that people would wish me a happy birthday. I was so young when it happened that I don't really even remember it, I'm sure my mom was glad to get it over with though. Anyway, I'm 42 now, whoopie.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:48:39 AM EDT
Well, Happy birthday anyway! Enjoy the love and friendship of those that care enough to make a big deal out of it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:52:28 AM EDT
[b]It's my birthday= big harry deal.[/b] who's harry??? happy birthday!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:56:22 AM EDT
Happy Birthday. I know how you feel. Had my 43'ed in April and seemed just like another day.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:00:43 AM EDT
I'm turning 26 this week and feel like an old man [:P] Men don't normally put the same importance on birthdays as women do. If I don't make a big stink about my wife's birthday she'd get her feelings hurt. I'm the exact opposite... I could let my birthday pass without a word and be absolutely fine with it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:04:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 5:04:56 AM EDT by Aimless]
Top Top