Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 2:27:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 2:32:14 AM EDT by Dragracer_Art]
Here's a copy-n-paste of an email I just got... WTF do I do now ??? The original message was received at Mon, 2 Jun 2003 05:09:50 -0400 (EDT) from aeroequity.com [208.60.161.22] *** ATTENTION *** Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----". The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----". The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a general translation for other e-mail servers. Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail administrator. --AOL Postmaster ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- ----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to air-xj03.mail.aol.com.: >>> DATA <<< 554 TRANSACTION FAILED - Unrepairable Virus Detected. Your mail has not been sent. 554 ... Service unavailable
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:32:05 AM EDT
What OS do you have and what anti-virus software are you running? You DO have AV software, don't you?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:33:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Airwolf: What OS do you have and what anti-virus software are you running? You DO have AV software, don't you?
View Quote
...UM, What's that ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:35:38 AM EDT
Just found something called iRiS antivirus in my computer. I've run this before, but it's never found anything... I think it's a few years old...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:38:41 AM EDT
Oh, boy. Stronlgy suggest you get a copy of Norton Anti-virus and scan your system ASAP. You can download a trial version from here: [url]http://nct.digitalriver.com/0001/[/url] Get the standard version (in the upper lefthand corner). What OS are you running? I'm assuming from the email that you're using AOL?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:40:55 AM EDT
Here's ANOTHER one I just got... Looks like emails are going out all by themselves at random... The original message was received at Mon, 2 Jun 2003 06:20:05 -0400 (EDT) from ballisto.biz [64.4.207.8] *** ATTENTION *** Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----". The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----". The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a general translation for other e-mail servers. Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail administrator. --AOL Postmaster ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- ----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to air-xf03.mail.aol.com.: >>> DATA <<< 554 TRANSACTION FAILED - Unrepairable Virus Detected. Your mail has not been sent. 554 ... Service unavailable
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:42:26 AM EDT
I'm not sure what you mean by "OS" ? My ISP is epix...
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:43:20 AM EDT
You're infected if your mailer is sending without you doing it and you didn't set it up that way. Many viri do that today. Get the trial version of Norton and scan your system. It will take care of most (if not all) the bugs.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:44:16 AM EDT
OS == Operating System. Are you on Windows and if so, what version (95, 98, ME, 2000, XP)?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:51:46 AM EDT
I'm pretty sure it's windows 98. I started the free download. 5 hours 33 minutes ??????? Hell, I could run to Wal-mart and back with the software faster than that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:53:35 AM EDT
2.59kb /sec [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:56:39 AM EDT
Eeek! Been on DSL too long. I think about 40Mb downloads in a couple of minutes. Almost any current AV software will be in that size range, so it wouldn't help trying another brand. I'd still suggest the trial version first unless you do want to hit the store and pick up a retail copy. AV software is an absoulute must these days (as you've fouhd out the hard way). I've got to hit the rack but there's enough geeks on the site that should be able to jump in and get you through this. Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:03:14 AM EDT
I may just run out and grab the software... I see it on ebay for $10 ? Must be something wrong with it... I'll give wally world a try.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:05:32 AM EDT
[sarcasim] OK, what you want to do you drive down to best buy and buy "Red Hat 9.0", [/sarcasim] Linux solves all woes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:54:31 AM EDT
Klez or Klez variant. Pick up Norton Anti Virus, and be sure to follow the instructions on cleaning up your computer BEFORE you install the program. Jay
Top Top