Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 7:58:03 PM EDT
I know Lightfighter has Eagle stuff when available to them, but Eagle is making products and [i]somebody[/i] has to actually have most of their stuff in stock, I would think. Maybe this company is a little screwed up or only has so much production capability and finds no need to increase it, so vendors only get a little at a time.

One would think that demand for the stuff would be going down a little now that the Iraqi situation has somewhat stabilized.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]

I ordered an Eagle Recon Buttpack and Eagle Folding Ammo Pouch a few weeks ago from Lightfighter and it shipped within two days.

Seems they have Eagle stuff in inventory.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I ordered an Eagle Recon Buttpack and Eagle Folding Ammo Pouch a few weeks ago from Lightfighter and it shipped within two days.

Seems they have Eagle stuff in inventory.
View Quote

I will definately keep calling them about gear I'm interested in and hope they eventually can get some of the stuff I want.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Could one of you please provide a website if possible?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Could one of you please provide a website if possible?  Thanks.
View Quote

[url]www.lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.stubbygear.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.texastacticalgear.com[/url]

TS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Why not do a web search for the manufacturer's  site, then contact them and ask which of their dealers has what you want?

Or would that be too much trouble? [;D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a tactical sling directly from Eagle about a month ago.  They were out of stock and said it would take two weeks to make.  Called last week to check, they couldn't find my order, then transfered me to somebody who had no idea why she received my call so she hung up on me.  Ten minutes later I was on the phone to Coal Creek ordering a CBQ sling instead.  If the Eagle ever shows up it will be returned.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I like Eagle gear, but getting it is a hassle.  SteyerAUG recently became a dealer, and I got some stuff from him, but he has been ... slightly disillusioned ... with dealing with the company.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Eagle has 250 actively sewing people in Fenton, Missouri -- I have been there on a number of occasions and consider John Carver, the owner, to be among my closest personal friends. John has been rapidly growing his company since 1982. Unfortunately, they have a HUGE following with the military and special operations community and cannot meet that demand, especially during the war footing for the past two years or so -- they have actually turned away more large deals from the Army and USMC because they cannot expand any farther and faster. It is a good problem for them to have as a business.

I have tens of thousands of dollars of Eagle Gear in stock; more than they do, actually. However, there is some sort of Zen Kharm bullshit that has cursed my three thousand square feet -- I NEVER have whatever color, item, variety, or style of whatever some people want. I might have it in black; but the customer wants Olive; or I might have the Becker; but not a large becker. Weird. The best way to get what you need from Eagle is to make an order and wait for it to be made; I recommend (of course) that you make the order with a good dealer who can track the backorder efficiently for you). Looking around for the item that you need to be in stock anywhere is rarely effective nor productive. I have tried to be the place that stocks it always; but I order double, they make double; we sell it all before it is even here. Order early and prepare to wait; it is frustrating but Eagle's gear is worth it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have yet to see anyone who waits for their Eagle gear be mad once it arrives [:D]

It's definately well worth the wait..plan ahead and you'll be happy!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#13]
www.ironwolf.com
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks guys.  Eagle stuff seems like well-made, American-made, gear and worth waiting for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top