Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 7:08:52 PM EDT
I watched 44 minutes today. At one point I switch to upn and though "self Buffy is a known quanitity, 44 minutes has shown itself to suck so far, what am I going to watch?" Joss Whedon is writer behind "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", "Angel", "Firefly", "Speed", "Toystory"... None of his stuff is more that anti-gun (some quite pro), and the writing is varied and interesting. Does anyone else worship the guy?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:16:22 PM EDT
Never got into Buffy, but the few episodes I watched were good and I can see how it got to be a huge hit. I'd like to kick the asses of everyone who was involved in Firefly getting put off the air. It was quirky, didn't fit into a defined niche and so they canned it. Damn fine premise, acting and the possiblilties were amazing. The only network I could see picking it up would be Sci-Fi but since they just axed Farscape the chances of them picking up another "non-standard" sci-fi show is between slim and none.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:43:33 AM EDT
Not to mention that the French owners of Sci Fi recently announced that they are putting almost everything up for sale. They canned an award winning, but not high rating, show in favour of Scare Tactics and that Dream Team nonsense. Where's the Sci Fi in those shows? As for Firefly, it seems that Fox did everything they could to get the show axed before it hit the air. They showed the series out of order, ie the pilot episode was shown last. Plus there was almost no advertising for it. So far Farscape, Buffy, Black Sash and John Doe are all gone. That leaves me with very little to watch during the week besides news.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:03:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By zx2dragon: So far Farscape, Buffy, Black Sash and John Doe are all gone. That leaves me with very little to watch during the week besides news.
View Quote
Well, there's always 24 and The Shield...
Top Top