Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 12:30:23 PM EDT
Need a good place to take the wife and kids for vacation here in Texas. New Braunfels was last year, so that is out. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
austin..san anton,  gulf coast...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Six Flags?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. All good choices. We are regulars in San Antonio. We live 30 minutes from Astroworld. However, we have never been to Austin. Looking into that now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll second Six Flags.  Took my granddaughter last summer.  She loved it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have to stay in Texas, South Padre Island or CC is fun. Other than that San Antonio is great fun for adults, not sure kids would enjoy it as much.

TT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
rent a houseboat on lake amistad...........that was some fun shit

camp out and raft the frio (you can never do it too much)

its a HOT MF down here in corpus christi right now, stay at the marriott and do the beach thing if you're into that

ummmmmmm, brain fart, all i can think of right this second
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
South Padre. Hit the new Schlitterbahn park down there, the head to Mexico for an evening. Head back towards Corpus Christi, see the USS Lexington, Columbus fleet, and the Texas State Aquarium. After that, head to Port Aransas for some fishing (Deep sea, or take one of the boats that goes out just past the jetties...I have good luck on them and they're cheap). Then you can go to Mathis, TX hit Lake Corpus Christi for an evening picknick with the fam, or go to Wayne's World Animal Safari.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for Corpus...
Or if you head up to Austin drop by Fredericksburg...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The Frio is a great place for just kickin' back and enjoying Texas hospitality. Try Neals Cabins or Neals lodges - can't remember which one. Secluded and quite. Or try the coast if you want a more active thing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#12]
As long as you are in San Antonio, the Museums at Ft. Sam Houston are worth a visit.  Kind of a neat post to drive around on also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top