Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/1/2003 10:34:33 AM EDT
Muslims don't believe it was Jesus who died on the cross.  [>:/]  

[url]http://www.alshindagah.com/janfeb2002/Jesus.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]
jesus DIED? god dammit! now who's gonna mow my lawn?

[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus mows your lawn, too?

Damn that guy is one busy hombre.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys are awful...laughed out loud at that one....
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#4]
And I think Mohhamed was a child molester. Fuck them. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I'll pass on letting heathen Muslims guide my Christian faith.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Christ died on the cross.  Rose from the DEAD after 3 days.

I am not concerned what Muslims believe or say.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, [b]died[/b], and was buried.

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

Eric The(c.215AD)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder which religion is the right one,

hmmm they live in a desert and are constantly blowing themselves up and we live in a very nice country and actually have jobs other than being a camel jockey.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder which religion is the right one,

hmmm they live in a desert and are constantly blowing themselves up and we live in a very nice country and actually have jobs other than being a camel jockey.
View Quote

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you, but I believe that I will pass on letting godless, heathen muslims tell me what to believe.

I will continue to believe the Bible.

They can continue to believe the koran.  Right up till the time that they bust their noses on the back wall of hell.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Although I am not religious, I gotta give this one a hearty "Amen!"  Read some fucking history of Muhammed sometime...that guy and all his followers were creepy assholes more interested in political power than anything having to do with religion.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Not only does Jesus mow lawns, but he and his brother's  Juan, Miguel and  Pablo re-roofed my house last year.

-HS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe Jesus lives in South Park, Colorado now.  He has a cable access TV show too.  If you see him, you can see he bears the marks of the crucifixion.  He beat Satan in a PPV boxing match too.

Bilster

PS  He died on the cross.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Although I am not religious, I gotta give this one a hearty "Amen!"  Read some fucking history of Muhammed sometime...that guy and all his followers were creepy assholes more interested in political power than anything having to do with religion.
View Quote

Yep, although I am fairly religious I do read history. Good ole Mohamed the sick fuck married a CHILD who was 9 years old when he was ~52-54. THAT is fucking sick in any culture. Most Arabs today haven't progressed past that mentality.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Leaving discussions of magical events aside.

The Romans were the most efficient executioners on the planet at the time. The crucified tens of thousands annually. The men who did it were assigned to goverment of the province and performed executions as a full time job. Crucifixion victims died 100% of the time.

But there were irregularities in the crucifixion of Jesus. It was done on the morning of the day BEFORE the Jewish Sabbath. Jewish law prohibited bodies being left out on the Sabbath. The HAD to take the bodies down AND bury them before sundown. So instead of being out there for three or more days, the Crucifixion lasted only a few hours. In substitution all the victims were stabbed before being left for their families to remove.

Well when that kind of intervention has to be performed it opens the door for all sorts of irregularities. A few cistercies to the right person and a sponge full of drugs, a nasty looking but ineffective stab from a pilum, plus the short time actually on the cross, it is within the relm of possibility that a person could of survived the event.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry guys, I personally BELIEVE that Christ died upon the cross.

I also personally believe that Islam should be NUKED off the face of the earth.

Crusades anyone ???

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yep, although I am fairly religious I do read history. Good ole Mohamed the sick fuck married a CHILD who was 9 years old when he was ~52-54. THAT is fucking sick in any culture. Most Arabs today haven't progressed past that mentality.
View Quote

I just re-read what I said, and I realized it might be interpreted as implying you hadn't read history.  I apologize if it sounded that way...I meant it more as a rhetorical statement like "Oh my God, look at the history of these people!"
Beyond the fact that Mohammed was a child molester, the fact is that the first damned thing he and his followers did was wage a war against a neighboring city and conquer it.  Religion of peace my ass.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Did Jesus really die on a cross?

The correct answer to this is WHO REALLY GIVES A FUCK.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#20]
ibtl
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Not to let my bias show through, but the body of Jesus was very severely tortured prior to even being hung on the cross.  We all know the story, He was scourged with a whip consisting of broken jagged rocks which tore the flesh from his back revealing muscle and bone.  He had inch and a half long thorns driven into his skull.  He was beaten beyond recognition and made to carry his cross to the point of collapsing.  He was on the cross still alive for six hours.  He had undergone such torture that he died much earlier than the two other individuals on the cross next to him.  Medical experts explain that the water that gushed forth from his side after being run through with a spear was from the pericardium (fluid from around the heart.)  The Romans knew he was dead so they did not break his legs to cause suffocation.  He was buried in a tomb that took several strong men to place the rock to cover it.  The tomb was guarded by two Roman soldiers.  The Romans and Jewish leaders took every precaution to be sure that body would not go anywhere, yet it did.  He presented himself not as a half dead man, but as a risen victor.  The lives of the disciples were changed completely from that of scared children to men who set the world on fire for their Lord.  

Jesus is risen.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Leaving discussions of magical events aside.

The Romans were the most efficient executioners on the planet at the time. The crucified tens of thousands annually. The men who did it were assigned to goverment of the province and performed executions as a full time job. Crucifixion victims died 100% of the time.

But there were irregularities in the crucifixion of Jesus. It was done on the morning of the day BEFORE the Jewish Sabbath. Jewish law prohibited bodies being left out on the Sabbath. The HAD to take the bodies down AND bury them before sundown. So instead of being out there for three or more days, the Crucifixion lasted only a few hours. In substitution all the victims were stabbed before being left for their families to remove.

Well when that kind of intervention has to be performed it opens the door for all sorts of irregularities. A few cistercies to the right person and a sponge full of drugs, a nasty looking but ineffective stab from a pilum, plus the short time actually on the cross, it is within the relm of possibility that a person could of survived the event.
View Quote

LOL!

Conspiracy theory!

I like it.

And yes, Jesus died on the cross.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:01:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

born of the Virgin Mary,

He descended into hell.

He ascended into heaven

the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

View Quote

'Nuff said!  Amen!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus mows your lawn, too?

Damn that guy is one busy hombre.
View Quote

I'll let you guys know where to send them royality checks for use of a former sig line. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#25]
People "worshiped" before this "jesus" thing ...........[b]right ?[/b]  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Yea, he was, but so were thousands of others. One of the flaws of Christianity is that they symbolize The Cross to be significant to Jesus only. Crucifiction was commonplace.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Did Christ die on the cross? I believe this is correct, but I can't prove it, even though I've examined the evidence, which brings into play the whole faith thing.  I don't know everything.  Since I lack complete knowledge of all worldly things, I have retained Christ as my lawyer, as I'm certain I can't stay out of eternal jail on my own.  I do OK here in the land of mortals (so far).  

Don't hate muslims, they are trapped behind enemy lines.  Any one of us could've been born into it if the cards played out a little differently.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jesus is risen.
View Quote

He is risen indeed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

born of the Virgin Mary,

He descended into hell.

He ascended into heaven

the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

View Quote

The Apostles creed...AMEN Brother
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yea, he was, but so were thousands of others. One of the flaws of Christianity is that they symbolize The Cross to be significant to Jesus only. Crucifiction was commonplace.
View Quote

Umm, if you took the time to read the bible before making your decision on its validity, you would realize that even it mentions that at least two others were crucified on the same hill at the same time.  Of course it was commonplace!  So why wasn't there a bible written for each of them?

Do you understand at all what was different about Jesus?  He was God in flesh, a man who lived a life [b]without sin[/b].  Because God is perfectly just, He demands that all be righteous in His presence.  It was the [b]flawless[/b] lamb, Jesus Christ, who was the blood sacrifice for the sins of all people.  By His death our sins have been paid in full.  By His resurrection, the grave has no power over us.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Ah yes brother Hun, hittin' it on the head again.

Christ did indeed die on the cross for our sins, that we might have that hope and promise of eternal life thru him.

May the Lord bless you all on this, another, fine Lords day... the first day of the week.

May the Lord watch over you my fine AR15 brethren.

Dramborleg
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:15:21 AM EDT
[#33]

If the Romans used machine guns for executions, would Christians wear an M2 replica around their necks?

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:29:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, a few here are addressed in Matthew 7:6, and also in The Cow, 2:6
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:05:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

born of the Virgin Mary,

He descended into hell.

He ascended into heaven

the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
and life everlasting.

Amen.

View Quote

I like ETH more and more everyday
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

The majority of scientific and medical evidence contradicts this assertion.

It is an attempt by pseudo-religious scientists to discredit the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Once the death of Jesus is disbelieved, the whole foundation for his to be claim to be Messiah is removed.

This is the reason for which all others - Scientists, Muslims, etc. desire to cast doubt on Jesus's death on the cross.

Read [url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/0310209307?tag=arfcom00-20]The Case for Christ,
by Lee Strobel[/url]

[b]Jesus died on the cross.[/b]

--LS
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Jesus died on the cross...

Absolutely...documented by pagan Roman officers...under penalty of death themselves for obsfucating or cooperating with terrorists (Christians)

The Roman soldiers (the most disciplined and organized of their age) documented the spear wound to the crucified body of Jesus of Nazareth (The Lord Jesus Christ)

The spear wound to his side...leaked "water" not whole blood...

Consistent with a heart not pumping...
His body was well inspected by both Roman and Jewish authorities who wanted to make sure He was dead...

Roman guards were placed around a sealed tomb...one with a large rock. blocking the narrow doorway typical of tombs found in that area one.that would take more than one man great efford to move.

The penalty for sleeping on guard duty for Romans was summary exectution by the Centurian ...you dont fall asleep on no guard duty in the Roman Army

After three days Jesus was again alive in the flesh...and seen and even touched by many of his followers..on his ascension he was seen by hundreds...

There are thousands of reliable witnesses to the miracles of Jesus..both those who were believers and those who hated him..
His enemies admitted his miracles and accused him of collusion with the devil...

Muslims deny both the deity and reality of Jesus because they are warriors who love death..they wish to convert others at the point of the sword...torture slavery rape murder and robbery are their stock in trade..

Muslims are peacefull when they live in societys that tolerate them and they are the minority...they bide their time to make their moves...eventually they will revert back to their warrior states...it is the true face of Islam..

Witness life in  the majority of countries in which they dominate.....living hell....
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Witness life in  the majority of countries in which they dominate.....living hell....
View Quote

9d,

Absolutely correct.

The "Anti-Christ" is alive today, and goes by the name Islam.

--LS
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Umm, if you took the time to read the bible before making your decision on its validity, you would realize that even it mentions that at least two others were crucified on the same hill at the same time.  Of course it was commonplace!  So why wasn't there a bible written for each of them?

Do you understand at all what was different about Jesus?  He was God in flesh, a man who lived a life [b]without sin[/b].  Because God is perfectly just, He demands that all be righteous in His presence.  It was the [b]flawless[/b] lamb, Jesus Christ, who was the blood sacrifice for the sins of all people.  By His death our sins have been paid in full.  By His resurrection, the grave has no power over us.
View Quote

The question was whether or not he died on THE cross as if it were just one. Jesus died on A cross.......and if you want to get into theology we can...I'm tired of all these brain-washed narrow-minded ignorant assed Christians, but I'll take the time to TRY to debate it with you even though I know what you'll say before you say it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Jesus died on A cross.......and if you want to get into theology we can...I'm tired of all these brain-washed narrow-minded ignorant assed Christians, but I'll take the time to TRY to debate it with you even though I know what you'll say before you say it.
View Quote

buffalo-soldier, this is called a discussion forum.  The purpose is to discuss, politely, various subjects and to maybe learn something in the process.

If you feel we Christians are "brain-washed narrow-minded ignorant assed Christians", then perhaps you ought to find another hobby.  We didn't insult you, we were just discussing the subject in the topic.

If you want to be insulting, you are not understanding what is going on here.

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yea, he was, but so were thousands of others. One of the flaws of Christianity is that they symbolize The Cross to be significant to [red]Jesus only.[/red] Crucifiction was commonplace.
View Quote

WRONG!

Every Christian I know and deal with on a daily basis knows that crucifixion was commonplace. Every pastor I've ever heard teach on the subject and every major denomination in the world today teach the commonality in those days of crucifixion.

I'm pretty sure that's why all 4 or the Gospel writers chose to include the two thieves on either side of Jesus when they were all 3 crucified at the same time.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#42]
did Jesus really die on the cross? Yea ok? and I put two of every animal, including animals native to salt water on a giant boat while the earth was flooded.  I for one will never worship a god who would torment his followers as proof to Satan that they loved him.

It all depends on what part of the world you're from.  

You believe your religion is THE ANSWER, muslims believe theirs is, etc etc etc

I'm going to go poke my dog with hot prods now and then tell my brother, "I told you so" after my dog eats a sausage out of my hand later tonight.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes He died on the cross but more importantly He rose from the dead!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Free will. You either believe and accept his free gift of salvation or you don't.

Know this torment is what the Chief Liar does to you, not God.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The question was whether or not he died on THE cross as if it were just one. Jesus died on A cross.......and if you want to get into theology we can...I'm tired of all these brain-washed narrow-minded ignorant assed Christians, but I'll take the time to TRY to debate it with you even though I know what you'll say before you say it.
View Quote

Why get into theology?  It appears your problem is with semantics.  Of course it is perfectly valid to say that Jesus died on the cross, just as it is valid to say so-and-so died on the gallows, or so-and-so died on the electric chair.  Your point is irrelevant, and if that is your big problem with Christians  that reflects on you more than anyone else.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I for one will never worship a god who would torment his followers as proof to Satan that they loved him.
View Quote

I suggest you take the time to actually read the book of Job rather than repeating what some angry atheist told you.  It is quite clear that it was Job who benefited from the experience.

It all depends on what part of the world you're from.
View Quote

Truth is absolute.  It does not change with location.  We are to use our God-given wisdom and discernment in our attempt to understand what is Truth.

You believe your religion is THE ANSWER, muslims believe theirs is, etc etc etc
View Quote

It is the answer.  All other religions, particularly Islam, fail miserably both in their numerous contradictions and in their worldly [b]depravity[/b] (e.g., a religion where the chief prophet marries 9-year-olds and the chief idol is supposed to hand out sexual favors to his faithful is utterly contemptible).
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm supposed to believe what a gutter religion like Islam says?I think not.Mohhamed,Allah or whatever,all I know is that Satan goes by many names.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#48]

Did Jesus really die on a cross?

The correct answer to this is WHO REALLY GIVES A FUCK.
View Quote

[ROFL] My sentiments exactly! [ROFL]

[lol] This made me laugh out loud! I've personally have watched more people die than I care to remember let alone count. I haven't seen one die yet an athiest.  So my answer is

[b]YOU WILL![/b]
View Quote

Somehow I doubt that...when I die, I'm going to just say "oh, well" and die...I'm not going to look in vain for some non-existent God "fire escape" from a non-existent hell...I know death is the end, so I plan to live as long as possible.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#49]
If Jesus did not rise from the grave,as he said he would, then why did his followers continue to follow him at the risk of almost sure death?If he had not risen then that would have been the end of the movement.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I did not bother reading the threads,,,What is the differance? 99% of people miss the piont/ messege,,,compassion! and did not,at least one of his apostles carry a sword,,you no th guy who cut off an ear ,,when one of P.P's boys came to get him? oh yea,,,Jesus's boys were armed,,do ya think that they would have had firearms if they could? Of cours now run and carry the ball,,I can't belive that Joe Botz aka K.C.K. fom NY was the first one to pick up on this one,,,remember me boys,,,I'm going in!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top