Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sparticas was also crucified!  And all that would fight the right fight against popular trendiness will be crucified as well!

Cowboy up!   Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Scripture teaches that Christ did actually die on the Cross. He did not survive the crucifixion and this was in fulfillment of all the prophecies relating to this event.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
In reply to Kabal57- those who desire eternal life and not hellfire will care about this issue very much. I believe in Christ and what the Scriptures say.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
While thousands, perhaps millions were crucified, the significance of Christ was the fact that God the Son shed His Blood on the cross to take away the sins of the world.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
the Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord:

Who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, [b]died[/b], and was buried.

He descended into hell.

The third day He arose again from the dead.

He ascended into heaven
and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty,
whence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting.
View Quote

To quote Rich Mullins' "Creed"
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea, he was, but so were thousands of others. One of the flaws of Christianity is that they symbolize The Cross to be significant to Jesus only. Crucifiction was commonplace.
View Quote

Umm, if you took the time to read the bible before making your decision on its validity, you would realize that even it mentions that at least two others were crucified on the same hill at the same time.  Of course it was commonplace!  So why wasn't there a bible written for each of them?

Do you understand at all what was different about Jesus?  He was God in flesh, a man who lived a life [b]without sin[/b].  Because God is perfectly just, He demands that all be righteous in His presence.  It was the [b]flawless[/b] lamb, Jesus Christ, who was the blood sacrifice for the sins of all people.  By His death our sins have been paid in full.  By His resurrection, the grave has no power over us.
View Quote

The question was whether or not he died on THE cross as if it were just one. Jesus died on A cross.......and if you want to get into theology we can...I'm tired of all these brain-washed narrow-minded ignorant assed Christians, but I'll take the time to TRY to debate it with you even though I know what you'll say before you say it.
View Quote

You're splitting hairs over "the" or "a". The significance is Who was on the/a Cross and what He accomplished for man's redemption.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top