Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 10:00:29 AM EDT
Active Duty Military... Get it while its hot. Fingers VegasBeat -- Timothy McDarrah: BunnyRanch offers free 'active duty' ••• WEEKEND EDITION: June 1, 2003 In military parlance, a "TA-50" is the kit that holds an assortment of field essentials, such as ammo,a canteen, a compass, a sleeping bag, a mess kit and so on. Now Dennis Hof, the owner of the Moonlight BunnyRanch brothel (known as the place where Jesse Ventura was once a customer), is featuring a "T&A 50." The pack includes a BunnyRanch T-shirt, a condom, a menu from his establishment, drink tokens and a coupon for free, uh ... for free sex. The first 50 servicemen or women who show up at the Mound House brothel just east of Carson City with proof of their active duty status get their T&A package. After that, for the next 50 days, all military personnel get a 50 percent discount on BunnyRanch services, along with other trinkets. "We all pray that the soldiers get home safely and when they do, they deserve good, safe sex -- right here at the BunnyRanch," Hof said.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:18:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:24:04 AM EDT
What a nice way to be disrespectful to our armed services. And yes, I hope no rubbers are broken, otherwise Uncle Sam will be paying for the meds.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:25:33 AM EDT
I wonder how fast the word is spreading among the folks at Ft. Irwin? $100 says they have all been given very clear orders that that place is off-limits and they will be punished under the UCMJ if caught.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:36:22 AM EDT
Praise the Lord and please pass the pussy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:00:57 AM EDT
I seem to recall reading that the US Army in France in WW I actually used to inspect brothels and instruct soldiers in proper hygiene to reduce STDs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:20:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Adam_White: I wonder how fast the word is spreading among the folks at Ft. Irwin? $100 says they have all been given very clear orders that that place is off-limits and they will be punished under the UCMJ if caught.
View Quote
I'll see your $100 and raise you another $100. You have never been stationed in Korea, have you?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 3:26:33 PM EDT by operatorerror]
Ummm, I think A_W just got back from Korea. Edited to add that I may be wrong, but I don't think so.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:37:29 PM EDT
In the Corps it is "782" gear, so do the first 782 Marines in the door get a free ride?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:43:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rip_Roarin_Wacko:
Originally Posted By Adam_White: I wonder how fast the word is spreading among the folks at Ft. Irwin? $100 says they have all been given very clear orders that that place is off-limits and they will be punished under the UCMJ if caught.
View Quote
I'll see your $100 and raise you another $100. You have never been stationed in Korea, have you?
View Quote
Actually, I have been there a total of 33 months. I was there - and in command - last year when the big Fox News "prostitution" scandal hit. Believe me, when the brass gets wind of something like this, career preservation mode kicks in and the the CYA measures are unleashed with a fury. Allow me to present the exact script we had to read verbatim at Friday COB formation for damn near three straight months: "Prostitution- Prostitution, soliciting prostitution, and pandering (i.e. getting a prostitute for another) are illegal acts and contrary to Army values. Under Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), soldiers who engage in prostitution may be sentenced to a dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 1 year. Soldiers who pander face the same punishment, but with the possibility of up to 5 years confinement. The before mentioned criminal acts are prohibited within the 2 ID area. This prohibition applies both on-post and off-post (i.e. prostitution is illegal in the "ville" and punishable under the UCMJ). In addition to these prohibitions, soldiers are prohibited from bringing known prostitutes onto their post and into their barracks-- such persons are unauthorized guests. Aside from prostitution being illegal under the UCMJ and the laws of our host country, Korea, soldiers must be vigilant in protecting themselves from the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, to include HIV. Prostitution can be a deadly business, don't take part in it. Aggressive countermeasures against prostitution have begun." The Korea you may have known is no more - at least for now. Give it a few more years and let the institutional memory fade - then maybe.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:43:40 PM EDT
Servicewomen? Whaaaat T F !!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:45:27 PM EDT
Paypal will be fine [;)].
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:07:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Adam_White:
Originally Posted By Rip_Roarin_Wacko:
View Quote
View Quote
Actually, I have been there a total of 33 months. I was there - and in command - last year when the big Fox News "prostitution" scandal hit. Believe me, when the brass gets wind of something like this, career preservation mode kicks in and the the CYA measures are unleashed with a fury. Allow me to present the exact script we had to read verbatim at Friday COB formation for damn near three straight months: "Prostitution- Prostitution, soliciting prostitution, and pandering (i.e. getting a prostitute for another) are illegal acts and contrary to Army values. Under Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), soldiers who engage in prostitution may be sentenced to a dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 1 year. Soldiers who pander face the same punishment, but with the possibility of up to 5 years confinement. The before mentioned criminal acts are prohibited within the 2 ID area. This prohibition applies both on-post and off-post (i.e. prostitution is illegal in the "ville" and punishable under the UCMJ). In addition to these prohibitions, soldiers are prohibited from bringing known prostitutes onto their post and into their barracks-- such persons are unauthorized guests. Aside from prostitution being illegal under the UCMJ and the laws of our host country, Korea, soldiers must be vigilant in protecting themselves from the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, to include HIV. Prostitution can be a deadly business, don't take part in it. Aggressive countermeasures against prostitution have begun." The Korea you may have known is no more - at least for now. Give it a few more years and let the institutional memory fade - then maybe.
View Quote
Most of your quote appears to address the issue of soldiers (female?) prostituting themselves, and their U.S.Armed Forces ID card carrying pimps. Has the strip in Tong Du Chon dried up and blown away? Are Korean hookers in the "ville" a thing of the past? Is Korean prostitution in the ville "illegal" like all the bootleg software and CDs. You know, the "wink, wink" kind of illegal that has always prevailed in Korea.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:41:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Rip_Roarin_Wacko: Most of your quote appears to address the issue of soldiers (female?) prostituting themselves, and their U.S.Armed Forces ID card carrying pimps.
View Quote
Actually, the main issue was soldiers soliciting prostitution in TDC. Some news crew from the states appaprently interviewed your typical loud-mouthed privates and then interpreted the rest their own way. The resultant story was that A) All of the clubs were just fronts for prostitution, B) The chain of command endorsed and supported this, and C) The CPs and MPs were effectively acting as either Pimps or a free security force to keep the pimp club-owners in business (who, by the way, were supposedly all employing slave immigrant slave labor as sex slaves). I'm just glad the news crew never made it to Toko-Ri [:)]. They would have shit themselves.
Has the strip in Tong Du Chon dried up and blown away? Are Korean hookers in the "ville" a thing of the past?
View Quote
Many clubs were shit down, all "VIP" rooms were shut down, to include the perfectly innocent ones. BTW, there were very few Koreans - maybe 5% - the majority were Russian or Filipino. Ojimah always offered stuff at the alleys, though, and probably got a lot more business post-scandal. The other after-effect was that the average price for a "drinkie" went from $10 to $20-40.
Is Korean prostitution in the ville "illegal" like all the bootleg software and CDs. You know, the "wink, wink" kind of illegal that has always prevailed in Korea.
View Quote
It had always been illegal. Heck, prostitution is illegal in Thailand! However, when the brass was accused of supporting and sponsoring it, a lot of pressure got put on the Korean National Police and a major crackdown occured. The red light districts catering to Koreans are still thriving.
Top Top