Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 8:38:11 AM EDT
June 3rd release date. Get in line behind me. Seen prices as low as $25. From DVDPlanet.com: We also have final details and artwork on Columbia TriStar's 3-disc Black Hawk Down: Deluxe Edition (street date 6/3, SRP $39.95). Disc One will include anamorphic widescreen video, Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, audio commentary with director Ridley Scott and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, a second audio commentary with U.S. Special Forces Veterans of the real battle, a third audio commentary with author Mark Bowden and screenwriter Ken Nolan, and filmographies.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:48:00 AM EDT
Is this a new edit with footage not in the first release or just a repackage of the original with some extras?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:10:59 PM EDT
I have not heard if it was recut for this release. But with 3 discs and multiple commentaries, especially from guys who were there, it's a must have. I can tell you more Tuesday...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:57:49 PM EDT
[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008YLV2?tag=vglnk-c102-20]Here's the Scoop from Amazon.com[/url] DVD Features: - Commentary by producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Ridley Scott - Commentary by author Mark Bowden and screenwriter Ken Nolan - Commentary by U.S. Special Forces Veterans ('93) - Theatrical trailer(s) - The Essence of Combat: Making Black Hawk Down: 1. Getting It Right 2. Crash Course 3. Battlefield Morocco 4. Hymn to the Fallen 5. Digital Warriors 6. After Action Report - 8 deleted & alternate scenes with optional commentary - Production design archive - Storyboards with optional commentary - Ridleygrams with optional commentary - Jerry Bruckheimer's Black Hawk Down photo album - Opening title explorations - Photo galleries - The History Channel Presents: The True Story of Black Hawk Down - PBS Presents: Frontline: Ambush in Mogadishu - Interactive mission map/timeline - Target building insertion - multi-angle sequence with optional commentary - Question & Answer Forums: BAFTA (Ridley Scott, Jerry Bruckheimer, Josh Hartnett, Ewen McGregor, Jason Isaaca, Mark Bowden & Tom Matthews), Motion Pictures Editor's Guild (Pietro Scalia), American Cinematheque (Jerry Bruckheimer & Ridley Scott) - "Gortoz A Ran - J'Attends" music video performed by Denez Prigent & Lisa Gerrard - Theatrical poster explorations - Widescreen anamorphic format - Number of discs: 3
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:31:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:50:02 AM EDT
Picked it up at Walmart after midnight tonight. They cut a lengthy section out (shown in the deleted scenes) of the Delta guys clearing the target building. Some shots of breaching doors with the shotgun. It also included the friendly fire incident mentioned in the book where the Rangers accidentally put some rounds into the target building Delta was in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:31:26 AM EDT
Watched the old tape again Sat=6 times
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:44:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:51:33 AM EDT
"Alternate" story lines? Proof positive that Hollywood can't even do history right!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:41:32 AM EDT
I got mine at [url]www.my.sony.com[/url] for $16 (+tax Free shipping). Product: Black Hawk Down (Deluxe Edition 3 discs) (DVD) Item #: 09288 Points: 500 Cash: $16.00 Requires 500 points to purchase at that price, but you get 500 points for signing up to the Sony club.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:20:36 AM EDT
Thanks for that heads up with Sony. I just ordered mine. MG
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:28:43 AM EDT
Wow, I'd just about given up that they were going to release a deluxe edition. Still have my original DVD that I got just in case the deluxe never showed. Better late than never, I guess. [:)] So how much is it at Wal-Mart anyway?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:30:31 AM EDT
$29
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:50:33 AM EDT
$26.68 at Sam's Club
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:53:26 AM EDT
Too bad the nearest cheap place is 70 miles from me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:56:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: Too bad the nearest cheap place is 70 miles from me.
View Quote
So, just a half hour drive with your rollers on. [;)] A "business" trip if you will.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:03:00 AM EDT
I've had it since last Thursday. [:D] It pays to have a friend in the video business. Yes, it is worth every penny. [banana] [banana] [banana] [banana] [banana]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:06:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 11:13:30 AM EDT
Does this version include the M19's that were left out of the original? [;)] That said I'm gonna kit up and stage a takedown of Walmarts DVD section. I'll let you guys know if I need air support.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:07:18 PM EDT
Cool, extra footage I'm there. Should be a requirement for all DVDs to give us some of the scenes that didn't make the final cut...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:15:34 PM EDT
Even has a scene with the Delta guys discussing new Aimpoints and using M855.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:15:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By REDHORSE: I got mine at [url]www.my.sony.com[/url] for $16 (+tax Free shipping). Product: Black Hawk Down (Deluxe Edition 3 discs) (DVD) Item #: 09288 Points: 500 Cash: $16.00 Requires 500 points to purchase at that price, but you get 500 points for signing up to the Sony club.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:31:24 PM EDT
I read this thread and ran out to Best Buy and bought it. I've watched two of the three CD's so far and had to take a break. It's a lot to digest. The main point I took from watching the documentaries again is that William Jefferson Klinton is a spineless, sphincter sucking worm. Not that we didn't know that already. Great DVD though. Can't wait to watch it with my father in law. He's probably watched the original DVD a hundred times.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:06:04 PM EDT
$24.95 at Target. Can't wait to watch it. Maybe tomorow. Chris
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:58:28 PM EDT
For those that ordered their DVD from Sony and haven't gotton their copies yet. They (SONY) got caught with their pants down, and didn't expect the demand that they got @ that price. So, it's on backorder. Next shipment is to arrive early next week and we should be getting our DVDs soon. They don't send emails out for backorders, but as soon as they ship... you will get an email. Oh well... I can watch the original DVD release of BHD, if I need a BHD fix. Reviews of the Special addition has been great, can't wait for my copy to finally come in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:09:14 AM EDT
It's got the History Channel documentary? I'm there as soon as I can find a decently priced copy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:12:57 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zaphod: "Alternate" story lines? Proof positive that Hollywood can't even do history right!
View Quote
Some things are lost when you make an 18 hour gun fight into a two hour movie.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:16:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Originally Posted By Zaphod: "Alternate" story lines? Proof positive that Hollywood can't even do history right!
View Quote
Some things are lost when you make an 18 hour gun fight into a two hour movie.
View Quote
Sort of like how they compacted the beach head at Normandy into a 30 minute battle in Saving Private Ryan.
Top Top