Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 6:05:35 PM EDT

With all these Weapons of Mass Destruction and Nukes floating around in the world today do you think any will ever be used???

*It's kinda scary to think about it...but it'd be bad-ass to be one the survivors when civilization has to start from scratch again....Survival of the Fittest...we ARFCOMer's would kick some serious @ss!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just a matter of time.

If it did, I'd be dead meat on a stick.  I'm not a survivor type, my city depends on support from barges and planes coming in from the CONUS.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't believe you stopped playing Dungeons and Dragons to post that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't believe you stopped playing Dungeons and Dragons to post that.
View Quote

You said it far better and far nicer than I was about to.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]

You fellas are harsh. I'm tryin to formulate a good post here...one of those ones that flame.
I take it this won't make it. (that rhymed)
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
watch out or you'll get the dreaded [:K]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
buffalo-soldier, your question about WMD's is okay, but the bad-ass part about surviving is the giveaway. There are some things that it's probably best not to survive. If a TEOTWAWKI nuclear strike was coming our way with enough advanced notice, I would drive the wife to Wright-Patterson AFB and screw her brains out in the back seat until the big flash.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

With all these Weapons of Mass Destruction and Nukes floating around in the world today do you think any will ever be used???

*It's kinda scary to think about it...but it'd be bad-ass to be one the survivors when civilization has to start from scratch again....Survival of the Fittest...we ARFCOMer's would kick some serious @ss!
View Quote

Just quoting your post in case you decide to do an edit and happen to lose some of it by hitting the wrong key.

Don't thank me...I'm more than happy to help.

Edited to add:  See how easy that can happen?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd like to thank yankee1911 for linking me to this post.

This and his other posts make me think BS is just a troll. He comes here and posts crap like this just so he can point to his liberal friends how wacky we are at ar15.com.  

You're not that subtle, BS. Try harder with your next login name.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
buffalo-soldier, your question about WMD's is okay, but the bad-ass part about surviving is the giveaway. There are some things that it's probably best not to survive. If a TEOTWAWKI nuclear strike was coming our way with enough advanced notice, I would drive the wife to Wright-Patterson AFB and screw her brains out in the back seat until the big flash.
View Quote

Don't forget the pics in case it's a dud [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]
If you should ever see me post that I have won millions in some lottery, the end has arrived. With my luck, even as I am being handed the check, a fvcking asteroid'll be making a bee-line for SC.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#12]
How old are you buffalo-soldier?? [noclue] [slap]

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh, I thought this thread was about the proximity of your ass to your head. [rolleyes]

There, only 36 more replies. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's just a matter of time.

If it did, I'd be dead meat on a stick.  I'm not a survivor type, my city depends on support from barges and planes coming in from the CONUS.
View Quote

raven, with all that hunting and fishing you have up there,(well, maybe I'm assuming that) and the probable fact that you won't be downwind, I would beg to differ.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How old are you buffalo-soldier?? [noclue] [slap]

View Quote

I'll be 18 on the 8th. I've tried hard to not say something stupid out of my youthful ignorance since becoming a member but this is a low point. If I don't kepp myself in check I'll sink to Imbroglio's level.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:56:33 AM EDT
[#16]
[b]Doink !![/b][brick]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Imbrog is being sardonic, a Devil's Advocate if you will. You are playing to an ugly stereotype. Who in their right mind would wish mayhem and chaos on themselves?
It would be incredibly ugly BTW, with mostly luck, oyur good health, advance preparation, some skill and organization with a sizeable set of similarly motivated people giving you a small advantage and slim chance of making it much past the onset. Talk about your Dog-eat-Dog world. Don't want to go there, it would suck [b][i]massively!!![/i][/b]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#18]
I wouldnt mind my own personal nuke. hehehe
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
your age was obvious with your post,

for the rest of us this man/boy needs guidence not ridicule...help him to grow wise in the fold not resentful...hey buffalo..I sugesst you read, watch and learn first, then post your thoughts so as to avoid getting flamed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#20]
If the SHTF with a rogue nuke, it will probably be a terrorist attack with a smuggled weaopon.  No nation on Earth, no matter how much they hate us would do such a thing as a first strike.  One Ohio class boommer can destroy any nation on Earth.  Just one.  

A terrorist attack would be hard to trace to a host nation if it is a "stolen" nuke from one country and transported from another not so friendly country by an organization that is supported by yet another country/countries.

One major city would be hit.  I don't know which, but it would be one of the largest in our nation.  I do not wish that to ever happen, even  if it's a low yield.

Our nation will retaliate against all who would support a terrorist network, that would do that type of an attack.

Unless the ARFCOMers are in the armed forces at the time, most of us will not be kicking some serious a$$.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#21]
If the end is near and nukes start going off, I will likely use the AR to humanely eliminate my central nervous system. If I ever see a mushroom cloud...Im running TOWARD it.  

However, If you want to play Mad Max, go for it.  I bet it isn't as cool as the movie.....

-HS
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#22]
No, no, no.

For some real hard-core geekage appropriate to the genere, he's be taking a break from Twilight 2000 or Gammaworld...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#23]
A legitimate question.  No reason to skewer the guy.

My opinion is yes, it will eventually happen, but on a small scale.

There will be attacks with dirty nukes, backpack nukes, biochem materials, car bombs, etc.

But it won't be the end of the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top