Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2001 6:08:06 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Anyone else have problems with PayPal? I've made a lot of money transfers through them and today, I was denied.I called my credit union several times and everything was ok on their end. In fact, PayPal had held my transfer amount on "hold" while denying my transaction at the same time. WTF? They said they have a new 3rd party verification service and my info didn't match what their 3rd party has in their file. (my address and phone number has been the same since I first signed up with them) They couldn't tell me what the problem was, because they didn't have access to their 3rd party information. She suggested that I place another card on my account or add my bank account. Well, I have a "verfied" status with them. Why should I? They can't/won't fix the problem or provide me a means to do so. I got the supervisor "Eric" on the phone and this guy tells me he "won't" provide any information on why my tranaction was denied (?!) and the rep that was helping me had no right discussing the 3rd party issue. So I asked for his supervisor. The smart ass replied, "His name is Eric and that's me. I'm the highest you can go." Going back and forth a few times, he finally provides me the name of PayPay's president, but refused to provide a phone number to the corporate office.

I done a lot of on-line business and having a means of accepting and sending money quickly is a plus. I'd like to get this resloved, but want to know if anyone else is having problems or have ideas. [pissed]
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a similar situation of customer no service with them, even after 45 minutes on long distance hold they outright refused to help with the problem saying that it was my cc companies problem. I contacted my cc co and they said they were up to snuff and paypal was full of s**t. I'm fully convinced that Paypal really doesn't care about true customer service and have cancelled my account with them. More people need to "just say no" to paypal and just do business the old fashioned way. It's safer anyway, with PP you never know where your info may go. [sex] that's what they do to their customers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top